View Full Version : [FLASH] Ball "Animation"

TheOrigin
10-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Back to square one \_(ツ)_/

http://i.imgur.com/Bjw6nok.gif

CnC is very much welcome

Person McPerson
10-02-2016, 11:53 PM
When it's falling and bouncing back up, it should become an oval.

TheOrigin
10-03-2016, 02:05 PM
When it's falling and bouncing back up, it should become an oval.

It does stretch as it falls but not a whole bunch, I thought if I changed it too much it'd look odd considering it's not going very fast. But I didn't stretch it at all except for one frame as it bounces back up.

Is it supposed to stretch more?

Person McPerson
10-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Nah, it's good nuff. I just found it somewhat too fast FOR MY TASTE. Dunno about others.

KidDarkness
10-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Since it is not falling as fast the squash on the ground should not be as wide when it hits the ground, so make it "stretch less" I guess you could say. Also have it hold in the air a little longer so that it creates the effect of gravity a little more. Otherwise you are getting there keep it up!

Person McPerson
10-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Since it is not falling as fast the squash on the ground should not be as wide when it hits the ground, so make it "stretch less" I guess you could say. Also have it hold in the air a little longer so that it creates the effect of gravity a little more. Otherwise you are getting there keep it up!

Yeah, exactly! When the ball reaches its highest peak, let it stay there for just a teeny bit, then make it fall again.

Hewitt
10-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Yeah, exactly! When the ball reaches its highest peak, let it stay there for just a teeny bit, then make it fall again.

That's what she said :^)

Zero
10-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Back to square one \_(ツ)_/

http://i.imgur.com/Bjw6nok.gif

CnC is very much welcome
Alright, good stuff.
1.) My only problem with this is add little bit of stretching when the ball bounces back up. Don't make the stretch the same as with the falling, as since it fell and hit the ground, it displaced energy (Meaning it's losing power = Losing height), so the stretching won't be that much. You'd be amazed on how a little change of a single frame, no matter how small it is, can affect your animation.

2.) The ball stops completely at around the end of the loop, rather than moving slowly, then stopping for a little bit (And even with this, it's just for a single frame or so) and then goes back down. However, this is more of nitpicking now and how a ball bounces depends on one's own style (I prefer mine to slow down a lot when going to its peak).

Personal Note: Pretty good stuff. With this kind of understanding and skills with animating a ball, I can say you can move on to more complex stuff. I love how you drew the ball per frame too, giving it a sketchy feeling. It doesn't "show" much but it does tell me the amount of effort an animator puts in animating something. Keep it up!

TheOrigin
10-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Alright, good stuff.
1.) My only problem with this is add little bit of stretching when the ball bounces back up. Don't make the stretch the same as with the falling, as since it fell and hit the ground, it displaced energy (Meaning it's losing power = Losing height), so the stretching won't be that much. You'd be amazed on how a little change of a single frame, no matter how small it is, can affect your animation.

2.) The ball stops completely at around the end of the loop, rather than moving slowly, then stopping for a little bit (And even with this, it's just for a single frame or so) and then goes back down. However, this is more of nitpicking now and how a ball bounces depends on one's own style (I prefer mine to slow down a lot when going to its peak).

Personal Note: Pretty good stuff. With this kind of understanding and skills with animating a ball, I can say you can move on to more complex stuff. I love how you drew the ball per frame too, giving it a sketchy feeling. It doesn't "show" much but it does tell me the amount of effort an animator puts in animating something. Keep it up!

Alright 1. Thank you for taking the time to splain all this to me (also thanks to all you other ppl givin me stuff too <3)
2. I was pretty concerned by how it would turn out by how long I left it at its peak, I couldn't decide on the amount of frames to leave it for iehfienfjievfjcjr
3. thank you for saying something about how I did a sketchy style :'^D
4. now that i look back on it it do kinda just stop instantly, and it doesn't stretch very enuff as it bounces back up i see dat now thanks