PDA

View Full Version : Breezeblock Collab - Potential collab

CriticalDesign
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking of making a collab based on an RJD2 (Instrumental Hip Hop containing classical samples and electronic stuff) compilation that's 28 minutes long.

It goes through many moods and styles and one part might have a secret agent, and another part might have a singing woman.

The thing is, I want it to feature one character. Maybe a bunny-like character, maybe something like those Cyanide and happiness characters. As the song transitions, it's a different mood, so everyone will be assigned a transition, unless they become over a minute long.

I know this is a HUGE project to take on, but it would make a big impact.

Oh and no sticks allowed. This is not an "I'm in/not in" thread, but I'm wondering if you guys thought this idea was good enough for me to consider getting people to volunteer.

Bonk
08-09-2008, 12:53 AM
28 minutes?

Flash doesn't have that many frames.

I think the limit is something like 16,000, so you'd either have to shorten the song or make more than one part (which would be lame).

CriticalDesign
08-09-2008, 01:45 AM
It's a mix of many songs, so I could fade it out at one point.

Raffi
08-09-2008, 04:08 AM
You can overmark the 16,000 frame rule you know.

Freddeh
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Cool project. Although I don't think you will get enough people to animate this and neither people to watch something that's 28 minutes long.

connorclockwise
08-09-2008, 05:42 PM
wtf? No sticks aloud? Where the hell do you think your at? A rap studio? Not only that, but 28 minutes long is past flashes ability's. But go ahead flame me and look like a retard.

theowner238
08-09-2008, 08:56 PM
connor ur a dooshbag everyone hates u

oh and i dont do flash but ya 28 minutes.............u no cmon tht is a bit long

.Busted
08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
theowner, you just told connor everyone hates him.
and then you go and say exactly what he said, almost.
and its a great idea, the only problem is, is to get people to join.

CriticalDesign
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM
wtf? No sticks aloud? Where the hell do you think your at? A rap studio? Not only that, but 28 minutes long is past flashes ability's. But go ahead flame me and look like a retard.
That's right, you CAN animate other things aside sticks!

Perhaps I'm tired of long black erect sticks smacking each other with their phallic body parts until they start blasting some unnamed fluids at each other to a generic rock song. Oh and I don't know what this has to do with "rap studios"..

theowner, you just told connor everyone hates him.
and then you go and say exactly what he said, almost.
and its a great idea, the only problem is, is to get people to join.
Thanks, and I suppose. I'm willing to shorten it, I can cut and fade some parts, but how long should I make it?

Rather Cheesy
08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds like a project to me, you'd have hard time trying to fins enough animators to do transitions and stuff but if you're willing to animate a 28 minute animation I suppose you'll get it done somehow.

beetlebrows
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Let me just show you a post from a site administrator in recent news:

Non Stick Related Submissions!
Hello all,

StickPagePortal (SPP) is a stick related animation portal. So any and all submissions that are not related to stick figures will be deleted.

Cheers,
ZuLu

Sick of stick figures? Find another flashportal.

Index
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Hello all,

StickPagePortal (SPP) is a stick related animation portal. So any and all submissions that are not related to stick figures will be deleted.

Cheers,
ZuLu

That rule is for the flash portal, which sucks, dumbass.

Rather Cheesy
08-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Hello all,

Cheers,
ZuLu

Yeah, thats not recent by the way. I think that was posted around the time the flash portal was created...

connorclockwise
08-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not about to start a flame war with someone named "the owner"

Chill brian C. BB has his right to clarify the completely correct rules no matter how old they are.

CriticalDesign
08-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm not about to start a flame war with someone named "the owner"

Chill brian C. BB has his right to clarify the completely correct rules no matter how old they are.

You both also have the right to suicide.

And he can clarify the rules, unfortunately they don't apply.

@RatherCheesy - About how long do you suggest it be?

connorclockwise
08-10-2008, 04:05 PM
We don't know if they apply,

by the way fail.

Index
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Chill brian C.

Kill yourself.

connorclockwise
08-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Nvm Brian you leave no room for compromise and your only words are hostile.

Index
08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Nvm Brian you leave no room for compromise and your only words are hostile.

Yeah, definitely kill yourself.

.Busted
08-10-2008, 10:08 PM
That's right, you CAN animate other things aside sticks!

Perhaps I'm tired of long black erect sticks smacking each other with their phallic body parts until they start blasting some unnamed fluids at each other to a generic rock song. Oh and I don't know what this has to do with "rap studios"..

Thanks, and I suppose. I'm willing to shorten it, I can cut and fade some parts, but how long should I make it?
You should probably make it 15 mintues AT MOST.
I'd join, but I can barely animate sticks, fullbody I can't do at all.

CriticalDesign
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
You should probably make it 15 mintues AT MOST.
I'd join, but I can barely animate sticks, fullbody I can't do at all.

I'm thinking that there would be a general character, and you can animate him in any style you want, as long as it's clearly the same character.

.Busted
08-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking that there would be a general character, and you can animate him in any style you want, as long as it's clearly the same character.
Okay cool, but i'll wait and see if I can make one.