PDA

View Full Version : Memory and a 1/2 (A Blade Merc. Tale)

Haru
03-19-2018, 08:01 PM
The glowing sun slowly rose, piercing the darkened sky with celestial brilliance. The light slowly grew, as Mother Nature once again put her paintbrush on the canvas. A lone sunbeam streaked straight into a house, right into..

The eye of Kiro Sarr, music extraordinaire. Kiro had just woken up, rubbing the back of his head and looking out the window. Unfortunately, this was going to be no perfect morning.

“AHHHHHHGHGHGHGH WHAT IN THE-”

Kiro danced around wildly, rubbing furiously at his burning eye. His movements were reminiscent of a wild ape, jumping up and down, and also making the loudest of noises.
Hurriedly, Kiro ran to the bathroom right next door, turned on the sink, and dunked his head into the water. He obtained a slight bruise from the ferocity of this action, but he didn’t mind. His eye was soothed.

Drying off his face, he began to brush his teeth to the rhythm of yet another piece, “In the Hall of the Mountain King”. He froze when he heard a slight movement on the tiles behind him.

“Kiro, come on. What just happened?”

In the unlit, wooden hallway, the Goddess of the Chains stood, letting out a loud yawn. As always, she was wearing some sort of chain mail, and her tousled, messy hair showed signs of a rude awakening. As Kiro turned around, toothbrush still shoved in his mouth, he immediately saw her expression. It was a mix of annoyance and bemusement, as she positioned herself with hands on her hips.

He quickly spat out the toothpaste and washed his mouth before responding. “Ah, uh… nothing. Just a stupid sunbeam.”

‘“Just a stupid sunbeam”, huh? Kiro, you are even more pathetic than I thought you were.”

“Yeah, I used to get that alot.” Kiro muttered, as Catena began to launch into a tirade. "I still get it."

“I thought you were getting murdered, or tortured, but instead it was a sunbeam?! Like, how are you supposed to be a mercenary if you get defeated by that?” Catena facepalmed. “What a waste..”

Kiro was ready to fire back a snarky couple of words. “Oh, I’m sorry, Most Honorable Goddess, for disrupting your beauty sleep. Should I get the ambrosia and-”

Catena summoned a chain to lightly tap Kiro’s head. “Do shut up. Let’s get some breakfast, had to wake up sooner or later anyway.”

She floated down the stairs, still shaking her head.

“Sunbeam, hah. Out of all the pitiful jokes I’ve met, Kiro turns out to be the greatest one.”

Kiro stood still for a second, before his face suddenly lit up in remembrance.

“Wait wait wait Catena, we don’t have any…”

Dashing down, he found Catena staring at the mostly empty pantry, her face the symbol of annoyance.

“Well, you want some cereal?”

------------------------------------------------------

“Business has been slow,” Kiro mused, as he pushed a squeaky shopping cart around Farmer
Phil’s Fresh Market. “I’ve saved enough to get by for a few months, but eventually..”

The cart was predisposed to turning right due to the rickety wheels, which annoyed Kiro. He
glanced up for a second at some seasonings, which was another fatal decision.

Cart slamming into the wall, Kiro suddenly was bombarded by Fat Guy’s Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Little Willie’s Dried Peaches(Bombastic Flavor!!!) and multiple Healthy Pop Popcorn Boxes. He followed up this clumsy action by tripping on a shoelace, smashing his face against the shopping cart and falling backwards.

“Sheesh… you really are a mess, Kiro.”

Catena floated up behind him, flicking her hand at the spilled goods. Chains appeared from the ground, safely restoring each product to their correct place. Kiro sighed.

“Yeah, I am pretty lackluster as a leader right now. I'll freely admit it.”

Looking up, Kiro gazed at Catena for a second.

“You know, you can always leave if you want. The whole “Mercenary” thing isn’t working out that well anyway, and I’m pretty pathetic. I can always get another-”

Catena smiled, and dropped to the floor. Extending an arm out, she pulled him up from the supermarket floor.

“Trust me Kiro, there’s a reason why I accepted the position of Co-leader. I could’ve declined if I wanted to. Whatever happens, know that I’m here to help.”

“I got your back, Kiro.”

IgnusBurns
03-23-2018, 03:02 PM
Ah man, Riley and Levi have been in hiding so long I'm not even sure how many months have passed in canon.

Good story though man, Catena and Kiro's relationship is very brother/sister like. I appreciate that, as my sister and I act a lot the same way.

I'd like to help out with another one of these, I think it's about time Riley and Levi came out of hiding to visit their previous accomplices.

Haru
03-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Ah man, Riley and Levi have been in hiding so long I'm not even sure how many months have passed in canon.

Good story though man, Catena and Kiro's relationship is very brother/sister like. I appreciate that, as my sister and I act a lot the same way.

I'd like to help out with another one of these, I think it's about time Riley and Levi came out of hiding to visit their previous accomplices.

Ah, this is actually written in past tense, when Blade Mercenaries first began, just Kiro and Catena.
I'm up to do one though bro!