PDA

View Full Version : Artemis Fowl series.

Cereal Man
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I love this series, I have all 6 books. (unless there are others, because colfer doesn't like to announce his new books.) I'm loving The lost Colonies, so far.

SoulEater
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I've read almost all of them, except the Lost Colonies. It is one of my favorite series.
My favorite book from that series that I've read so far was the Eternal Code.

NCz
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Finnally someone posted a thread about the series! I love this series it was really fun to read. Have you read the other book by Eoin Colfer (the author) which is titled The Supernaturalists. A very good book.

Cereal Man
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Holy ****, he made that? I've seen this book at every bookstore, ever. Haven't read it yet. I spent my lunch money on the Artemis Fowl Files book today, haven't read it yet. I got the Lost Colonies yesterday. There was also another book at the bookfair by the same author, I forgot what it was called, though.

NaTuRaL
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
w00t!!! I love this book. Lost Colonies was really good. So was eternity code. I read the supernaturlist and that was great. There was also something like moon-shadow??? that he also did. Any1 know if theres gonna be a 6th book

Cereal Man
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes, Artemis Fowl Files. It's not really a book. More like an in depth look at the Artemis Fowl series. There is an okay sized story in it though. Around 7-9 chapters, I think.

Buttons
12-04-2007, 05:20 PM
He's making a new one. It's after the lost colonies. Can't wait.

Cereal Man
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Yay! How many is he going to make?

Buttons
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't know. I also recommend you reading Half Moon Investigations. By the same author, really good.

residentevilfreak
12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I actually enjoy this series.
lost colonies was my favorite.

the supernaturalits was a good book too.

Omega
12-04-2007, 06:40 PM
It's a good series. The Supernaturalists was pretty good too; the author is very creative.

Cellophane Slugs are cool.

NCz
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Cellophan Slugs are really cool. And i've read the Artemis Fowl Files, its pretty cool it explains alot of the history to the books. And Half Moon stuff i've read to. I love his books.

Etch
12-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I love these books, and the author. Supernaturalist actually made me cry at the beginning, when Ziplock died. It was interesting, and i love how he put gangs and real world problems that you would see in the future.

Love Artemis Fowl a lot. Sucks that some characters have actually died. Love the personality that each of teh characters express. Artemis's attitude and personality is probably one of the best that i have ever investigated...

Omega
12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I love these books, and the author. Supernaturalist actually made me cry at the beginning, when Ziplock died. It was interesting, and i love how he put gangs and real world problems that you would see in the future.

Love Artemis Fowl a lot. Sucks that some characters have actually died. Love the personality that each of teh characters express. Artemis's attitude and personality is probably one of the best that i have ever investigated...

I can't believe you cried over a fictional character called Ziplock.
This book wasn't even supposed to be emotional.

But that's just my opinion.

Etch
12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
.......I was younger, and i get attached to characters in these books, he was cool too, just sucked that he died......Anyway, good books of course.

SoulEater
12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah. I still don't like it when characters die in books.

You logged off of MSN.

Cereal Man
12-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Just finished Artemis Fowl Lost Colonies. Amazing ending. I had a headache for a while from it though.

Chimaera
12-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Only one AF book left.
Should be good.
HM is also pretty good, its funny how he condensed all the film noir cliches into playground form.

Cereal Man
12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Two for me. Files, and the new one coming out.

EDIT: HOLY ****. THEY'RE MAKING A GRAPHIC NOVEL. OSHITOSHITOSHIT.

Chimaera
12-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah lol, you can get the first part at the end of LC :P

Cereal Man
12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Not for me. I just have the Author page and thats it.

Chimaera
12-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Is it the paperback?
I brought the hardback when it came out, then a mate got me it in paperback, I was liek "OH LOL" then I turned t the back and was WTFNOWAI.

Komaru
02-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I loved the surpris in opal deception, that totally got me.

Shyft
02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
i cant remember, how many of them r ther? 3? 4?

arta397
02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I think there are 5....no 4. yeah 4.

Myself
02-15-2008, 10:57 PM
No, 5.

Lol, fairy military.

Teh_One
02-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Finnally someone posted a thread about the series! I love this series it was really fun to read. Have you read the other book by Eoin Colfer (the author) which is titled The Supernaturalists. A very good book.
that was an extremly good book. all his books are sweet

elite34
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
The last book is the best.

(Spoiler)

He has two twin brothers...

InsertNameHere
04-03-2008, 09:29 PM
yes Artemis Fowl is a really good series, read all 6 and can't wait for the next one. Supernaturalists was pretty cool (and really creative)

Raffi
04-04-2008, 01:58 AM
The only Eoin Colfer book I've read is The Wish List, which was pretty good.

I might start reading Artemis Fowl, but I don't know about that yet...

maximumninja12
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
i just need to go to barns and nobles (hoping i spelled that right) and pick up the last 3.

Eternity cube was the best though, out of the first 3

Bubba Jones
04-06-2008, 03:40 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/89785990/Artemis_Fowl.rar

if you enjoy reading on a screen...

FizzlemanJ
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I love this series, there's a sixth? I thought Lost Colony was the last one. And yeah, Eternity Code was my favorite.

Half - Moon Investigations is supposed to be really good too... but I don't really like mysteries.

I might as well read the Supernaturalist, I wonder why I haven't heard of it?

NaTuRaL
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I love this series, there's a sixth? I thought Lost Colony was the last one. And yeah, Eternity Code was my favorite.

Half - Moon Investigations is supposed to be really good too... but I don't really like mysteries.

I might as well read the Supernaturalist, I wonder why I haven't heard of it?
Supernaturalist is very good...btw,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl:_The_Time_Paradox#cite_note-AFC-interview4-2

Cereal Man
04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Supernaturalist is very good...btw,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl:_The_Time_Paradox#cite_note-AFC-interview4-2

What the ****, misleading Holly? I thought he wubed her. :3.

NaTuRaL
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
he wubs that girl from teh fith book silly...

Chunky
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Jesus christ theres a sixth? I didn't even know there was a fifth book!

Etch
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Supernaturalist still kicks lots of ass.

The series reminds me of Harry Potter somewhat, just better. The whole LEPRechaun or whatever it was makes me laugh as i read it all the time. Butler is the shit.

Jet
04-30-2008, 12:32 AM
1: Artemis Fowl: Pretty Cool.
2: Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident: Cool (Literally)
3: Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code: Really Awesome
4: Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception: Awesome
5: Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony: AMAZING!
6: Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox: Not Out Yet.

Artemis Fowl Graphic Novel One: Good, I enjoyed this.

The Artemis Fowl Files: Contains The Seventh Dwarf, and LEPRecon (In Which Holly Is Trained To Become LEP.) - I enjoyed this Book.

The Supernaturalist: Good Futuristic Book.

Half Moon Investigations: Better than I thought.

The Wish List: Okay, a bit young for me though.

Airman: A good teenage novel.

Spoilers For Artemis Fowl Six:
July 15th, 2008 Is The Release Day:

Information from Colfer

* Eoin Colfer has confirmed that the book will be named Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox.
* Colfer has also stated that the two siblings of Artemis Fowl are both boys, with the names Myles and Beckett,[4] but had earlier stated that he had been leaning toward Jonathan and Finian.[5]
* Colfer has stated that the action will take place in Finland, Ireland, Scotland and Morocco, and will involve a creature that has slept for millennia, more time travel, irritating younger twin brothers, and an evil hypno-therapist called Dr. Kronski.[4]
* The first chapter will take place at Helsinki Harbour.

Artemis's mother sick and dying. She needs brain fluid from an extinct animal. Artemis himself had killed the last of that kind of animal a few years earlier. To get the LEP to let him time travel, Artemis makes Holly think that it's her fault that his mother is dying. When Artemis goes back in time, he sees a younger version of himself (before he became mostly good).

-Jet

Hope I Helped =D
<3

Frodomoj
04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I read the series ages ago, so I can't remember much about it.
The Lost Colony was good though, especially at the end.
The Supernaturalist is good too. There's a midget. =D

P.S LOL THERE'S A MOVIE COMING OWT
http://www.artemis-fowl.com/movie_1.php
Terry Pratchett ftw.

niteofolde
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Man i love the Artemis Fowl series.

I think the Lost Colonies was the best of the lot. (Signed Version FTW!)

I am really glad theres going to be another one.

First post btw :D