zawmbee
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
http://imageflock.com/img/1219836964.gif
Trying realism.
I think i saved it wrong, testing 33FPS :c
Faster: http://imageflock.com/img/1219837453.gif

Bonk
08-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Alright, it is pretty smooth. But it can't even begin to look realistic with that head :/

zawmbee
08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
**** you.
Big headness is my style. Love it or else.
Realistic movements, not stick >:c

Bonk
08-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Uhm... foot goes below ground level, and the guy has good balance.

zawmbee
08-27-2008, 08:36 AM
LOLWUT?
was that CC?
couldn't tell =/

Rabstar
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
lol
awsome kick, extremely fluid, and not stiff, but i think the back leg shud go back a bit more, and then sorta lean foward
Rabstar

zawmbee
08-27-2008, 09:05 AM
No it shouldn't, that would mean he would fall over from the minimal force.
>_>
Stand up and do a jump kick, your legs don't lean back, they just bend.
Thanks for the comment though :D

๖ۣۜMomo22901
08-28-2008, 03:40 AM
heaps good and smooth, just a little short but make the foot go down and itll look better

LN3uq
08-28-2008, 04:12 AM
Why does he fall in the beginning?

looks really nice, I'd like to see the follow through though, makes it look more complete

Saha
08-28-2008, 04:43 AM
It was smooth as hell and the force was minimal. Though it looked very realistic,

McR00ster
08-28-2008, 04:55 AM
wheres the floor, and also the other image was the same speed.

good job very smooth and realistic. the head made me laugth :).

John4
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey Ren, do you mind sending me that stick?

I think the animations awesome, I love your work. Your easing and smoothness is incredible. I see no flaws.

power fuse0
08-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Back leg is rly stiff and it runs weelllll slow.
You need to animate at 17 fps, cause .gif only runs at 17 fps
i like the actual kick though, 's nice

Wtf
08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Why does he fall in the beginning?

looks really nice, I'd like to see the follow through though, makes it look more complete

To test gravity obviously.
And about the animation,

:heh:

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Back leg is rly stiff and it runs weelllll slow.
You need to animate at 17 fps, cause .gif only runs at 17 fps
i like the actual kick though, 's nice
lol i know right...
that's what i was experimenting, if i could crank it up.

Knightsy
08-29-2008, 06:27 AM

I think the animations awesome, I love your work. Your easing and smoothness is incredible. I see no flaws.

He see's no flaws when he wants the stick O_o
But when he doesn't want the stick, Ginger will let loose the darkest embers of hell.

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 06:29 AM

I do mind...so, no.
Sorry, bout your damn luck :D

Knightsy
08-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Sorry bout your damn luck :D
Tell Us about it. He were born ginger.

Deathwish
08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I do mind...so, no.
Sorry, bout your damn luck :D

You ****, i always wanted to say that >:c

Knighsty is banned for being a prick.

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
You ****, i always wanted to say that >:c

Knighsty is banned for being a prick.

;D
haha.
Good ban <3

ThatGuy
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll probably get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Yes I did

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
lol, ya faggot.

xxxchronicdarkessxxx
08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Shut up.
It's actually very bad.
Actual physics would have never have let the guy kick, he would have fallen and busted his ass. It's too slow, not smooth. No easing envolved whatsoever. The movement physics were terrable, as to how the aniamtion started. Low Beginner.

Honestly, if you post something and ask for CC, don't bitch at anyone that who disagrees with you. It was terrable, get over it. Honestly, weren't you intermediate or veteran?

LN3uq
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry, no.

When he landed from the fall, his back leg touched the ground, taking the impact. From there he kicked.
There was easing, at the very beginning of the kick. Oh wow, that's where it should be, even.

**** you, stop whining

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 04:39 PM
chronic shut up, your just pissy cause DW banned you twice for stealing my sig and avatar.
Your comment is bullshit, makes no sence. if it had no easing, it'd be choppy, now wouldn't it.
Movements physics? what?
Also, thatguy posted the welcoming message as a joke, moron.
L3nuq who you talking about?

LN3uq
08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I was talking to chronic...

zawmbee
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
hm...you were, akward, well that's what the edit button is for.
Thanks for the comments ;P

xxxchronicdarkessxxx
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
DW didn't ban me, he gave me 1 infraction.
There was no easing, doesn't mean it's choppy, the movements per frame are too small, so when you're moving 2 pixels ever 2-3 frames (33 FPS?), 1 pixel of easing wouldn't necessarily do it.
On the lines of the movements physics, it's screwed up how 80% of the bodies weight is at an angle to his right side, and the figure still manages to pull his weight up like that without any momentum or force.
Use emphasis on muscle strain. I still think it's a crappy low-beginner aniamtion.

ThatGuy
08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I think you're being a prick

zawmbee
08-30-2008, 03:57 AM
I have to agree with thatguy on this one, chronic, leave. also, i eased for 4 frames, that's what made it slow, moron.

LongArm
08-30-2008, 04:07 AM
That was very smooth than I have expected , The easing was cool..
so overall a excellent and smooth kick....

Zurbz
08-31-2008, 02:39 AM
Umm.... Zwamb? Is that you? I think it's a pretty good anim. If you didn't say you were shooting for realism, it would've been perfect. But it's not very realistic at all. He sort of broke his bone there on the pinnacle of the kick, and passed through the ground as well. But just as a cartoony sort of anim, it looks at least med interz.

Upps
08-31-2008, 04:24 AM
wait, I knew that stick was familiar, it's zomb isn't it ?

btw,zurbz is going hard core rating..yay pp style.

zawmbee
08-31-2008, 06:05 AM
lol PP rating, i was pro...was i?
forget >.<
Thanks for the comments guys, you lil PPatriots <3
oh yeah, im zombpiv.