PDA

View Full Version : Style change!!!

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I decided you guys were right, so I tried out other things, and animating with lines is easier. So I was dinking around when I added onto a test more and more. This is the result of all my skills.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/270808/61531_play.php

info:
24fps
67frames (including menu frames, excluding preloader frame)
Music Is Made By ME
sound effects from Dofus(ripped by me)
credits to .:Flare:. for all the support he gave(to get me started(like a long time ago))

C&C, tell me what you think?

width="550" height="400"

Chunky
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
The stick moves weird, one of the perks of using the line tool is that the stick stays the same the whole way through. I like the idea of the note thing though.

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
The stick moves weird, one of the perks of using the line tool is that the stick stays the same the whole way through. I like the idea of the note thing though.

yeah... that's soo true, I'm more used to the brush, but line tool is easier...
define this?

javarush214
08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
whoa.. that was smooth.. but the leg was kinda resizing, and some of the body parts were jerking at some point.. though it was pretty good man..

keep it up ^^

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 05:53 PM
whoa.. that was smooth.. but the leg was kinda resizing, and some of the body parts were jerking at some point.. though it was pretty good man..

keep it up ^^

I tried to get a stretching like effect, it phailed tho
yeah, I never was good with the line tool in this area, when making a line, I can only make out the middle, I don't see the outer edge, lol

Chunky
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
define this?[/COLOR]

Look at Turkoiz's animations. The stick skews all the time, but thats what the brush is good for.
Look at Oscar Johansson or JC, the stick stays the same and realistic, this is what the line tool is good for.

Slayer
08-27-2008, 06:16 PM
He looked a little like he had some back problem or something. Add more frames inbetween the current ones to make it smoother, use the onion skin feature. Eh, it wasn't terrible. Also, maybe try looking at yourself in the mirror and imitating movements so you can know what your animation should look like.

javarush214
08-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I tried to get a stretching like effect, it phailed tho
yeah, I never was good with the line tool in this area, when making a line, I can only make out the middle, I don't see the outer edge, lol

well i have a tip for you since i animate with line too.. try to keep the knees on the same level always.. and when he tries to kick or something the foot where he pivots should stay on the position where it is.

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
He looked a little like he had some back problem or something. Add more frames inbetween the current ones to make it smoother, use the onion skin feature. Eh, it wasn't terrible. Also, maybe try looking at yourself in the mirror and imitating movements so you can know what your animation should look like.

ARE YOU BLIND!?! It's quite smooth, and I did use the onion skin, lol.... thanks for your c&c, anyways....(I'm such a spazz....).

thanks javarush, that helps.... I do Like the brush much more than the line tool... lol. idk, i just don't really know...

EDIT: I really need to just work on improving, I guess, I mean.... this isn't too bad for only animating for half a year? Am I right?

Omega
08-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, the limbs resize a lot. It could be more fluid too. It's not exceptionally choppy though.
Are the blurs on high or low quality? It looks like low quality right now.

Do you animate the entire figure on one layer?

Shanto
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
It's pretty smooth. His the joints are kind of out of place though. And I don't really get the animation with the B shit.

Slayer
08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Uh, no, I'm not blind, he moved like a retarded horse.

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the limbs resize a lot. It could be more fluid too. It's not exceptionally choppy though.
Are the blurs on high or low quality? It looks like low quality right now.

Do you animate the entire figure on one layer?

I animate on one layer, the head is on a separate layer

RawGreen
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Uh, no, I'm not blind, he moved like a retarded horse.

slayer, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sparked out at your critique, I asked for it, and you gave it. You're right it's not perfect, I'll take your advice. I'll work harder..... I never seem to be satisfied with my animations.... well, I'm off to practice more, using.... mainly the brush, but then I like the line tool also, so there...... lol, thanks for any c&c

Clips
08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
sad resizing but anyways i like brush betta