PDA

View Full Version : COME QUICK! RC's 2-man Collab!

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Alrighty, I want to do a two man collab with someone at about my skill level. I had one going with Freddeh but he's been having some interweb problems. I don't have a particular animator in mind as my partner, hence why I'm making it here instead of PMing a specific animator. Heres my idea for the collab for those interested in working with me for 2-4 weeks

Its a two man fight each stick will be animated by me and my partner [I'll have a stick and my partner will have a stick.] It'll work out like so. I will animate my stick punching kicking, striking, shooting, etc. into mid air. Then I'll send the fla to my partner who will fill in who my stick is fighting [my stick's opponent]. then when the frames I have animated run out he will make that same stick punch, kick, striking, shooting, etc. into the air. Then he'll send it back to me, and we will repeat until finished. The final product will have one stick 100% animated by my partner, and one stick 100% animated by me.

We will do roughly 200 frames at a time, 100 frames of filling in our partners opponents and about 100 frames of fighting air. [with the exception of the first and last turns, where it'll be roughly 100] And I'd also like to move the fla every 2-3 days, so you must obviously be able to animate ROUGHLY 200 frames in 2-3 days [if you did the SPP contest #2, it should be no problem].

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON WHAT WEAPONS/POWERS YOU MAY USE OR SPAWN DURING THE ANIMATION just don't be cheap, and make it so theres no way for your opponent to survive. [nukes, uberfuck moves, etc.]

If anyone wants to do this two man collab with me, post here. I would prefer to do this with someone I know already, and someone about at my skill level.

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ANIMATE AT OR AROUND 24 FPS!

I will choose my partner by how close our skill levels are and how well I know the person.

Shanto
09-01-2008, 09:51 AM
ME NOW *reserves spot*

Edit:
Read post, sounds good yo. Except school first, so i might not be able to do the 2-3 day pass. But I'll try, and in which case I probably can. =D

tdopis
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
shanto i dont think your at rc's skill level.......

Shanto
09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Then what.

Level.

Am.

I RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM A FIRIN MAH LAZAH.

SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOP

zawmbee
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
well maybe rc isn't at shanto's level >:C

Ssjbryando
09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Then what.

Level.

Am.

I RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM A FIRIN MAH LAZAH.

SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOP

FIRARING MA LAZA. Oh yea you said that.

o-o

I am not your level right? /wantsawesomecommentsabouthowawesomeheis

Request
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Ssj your a B-E-A-S-T.
Can I make Music For It.

Frost
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
i cant quite say ive seen any of RC's anims...so i dunno if im at yo level or not hombre

Motencu
09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I would like to join but I don't know if we have the same skill level. I always have time to animate, though.

supranova
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
So this is the replacement of the batman collab. I like this idea alot actually.

Youve seen what I can do.

Ssjbryando
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
So this is the replacement of the batman collab. I like this idea alot actually.

I think the batman is totally differnt then this. with the batman everyone could join here its just a joint with 2 people.

Cizzil
09-01-2008, 11:32 AM
i am not good enough for this, but it sounds like a great idea, with two people that are good at animating, you no everthing will turn out good.

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 12:04 PM
ME NOW *reserves spot*

Edit:
Read post, sounds good yo. Except school first, so i might not be able to do the 2-3 day pass. But I'll try, and in which case I probably can. =D
I'll consider it, but we're not really close to skill levels last I check anyways, could you post something recent?

well maybe rc isn't at shanto's level >:C
maybe, I haven't sen shanto's work in awhile, so I dunno.

FIRARING MA LAZA. Oh yea you said that.

o-o

I am not your level right? /wantsawesomecommentsabouthowawesomeheis
Dude your animations suck, no way man!

jk, you're awesome.

Yeah we're pretty even, you scored 1-up from me in the SPP contest #2, and that was mainly because I had to drag everything out... I'll consider you for it ^_^

Ssj your a B-E-A-S-T.
Can I make Music For It.
sure I guess, it'll be awhile till you have to do anything for it though... :D

i cant quite say ive seen any of RC's anims...so i dunno if im at yo level or not hombre
eh, I don't think we're that close, and I don't really know you either, so sorry...

I would like to join but I don't know if we have the same skill level. I always have time to animate, though.
See Lolipop's answer.

Its not a replacement to the batman collab, this is just something for me to pass the time, TF2 and WoW can only do so much these days. And like SSJ said, its only a 2 man thing not a everyone submit something thing.

I like your animations thier good, but its a tad out of my style of animating and I don't really know you that well, and if I had to pick right now I'd probably pick SSJ, but I'll give the thread a day or two to settle before making my final choice.

i am not good enough for this, but it sounds like a great idea, with two people that are good at animating, you no everthing will turn out good.
I'd love to see Terk and Miccool team up and do this ^_^

@EVERYONE:

CURRENT 1ST PICK: SSJBryando
CURRENT 2ND PICK: Shanto

The 2nd pick is only if something comes up and the first pick decides not to do this.

Keep in mind everyone that if you're chosen, we'll be working for roughly 2-4 weeks, doing roughly 200 frames every 2-3 days while animating at 24 FPS so if you can't keep up with the pace [whether by animation skill, a life, or some other hindrance] then please save me some time and do not apply.

Sunder Forge
09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm exactly your level.
Right?
<.<

Motencu
09-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Well im just saying Ive have all the time to animate. and you'll know me more because ill be here more often

Shanto
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Meh, no doubt that SSJ is better then me. So you might as well pick him.

Recent anims anyways:
http://fwup.net/view/wku0jcyu67
http://fwup.net/view/grqi1h0c3y
http://fwup.net/view/gckm5tb7jh

Ssjbryando
09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Rc it was more of a joke, I said because I wanted comments (For joke) No offence but I think my skill is way higher then yours. But your still good (check my latest movie in the flash portal, and the quality of kingdom stick) or do you have anything recent? And you wanted someone with the same skill right?

(And I was 5th, you were 7th, so that's 2 spots) And I improved way from that (proveish: http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=769619)

And I have other stuff atm =3 training

Omega
09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
SSJ is definitely up to Rather Cheesy's level.

Shanto
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Did you even read the post?

Ssjbryando
09-01-2008, 12:31 PM
SSJ is definitely up to Rather Cheesy's level.

up to = the same? ._. if so... meh.
Up to = better? If so.. yay.

Shanto
09-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Better, no offense RC.

Omega
09-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Did you even read the post?

Apparently, no I did not.

But I do know that SSJ is better than RC.

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm exactly your level.
Right?
<.<
*looks at apococlock*

heh, no you're defiantly better than me :P

Well im just saying Ive have all the time to animate. and you'll know me more because ill be here more often
I don't know you know is the thing, I've know SSJ and Shanto for awhile,

Meh, no doubt that SSJ is better then me. So you might as well pick him.

Recent anims anyways:
http://fwup.net/view/wku0jcyu67
http://fwup.net/view/grqi1h0c3y
http://fwup.net/view/gckm5tb7jh
Ok, we're near the same level, I'm probably a little better if I'm not on a bad day.

Rc it was more of a joke, I said because I wanted comments (For joke) No offence but I think my skill is way higher then yours. But your still good (check my latest movie in the flash portal, and the quality of kingdom stick) or do you have anything recent? And you wanted someone with the same skill right?

(And I was 5th, you were 7th, so that's 2 spots) And I improved way from that (proveish: http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=769619)

And I have other stuff atm =3 training
o_O damn, you've improved alot since SSPC#2. You're definatly better than me :D Shanto = 1st pick now :P

And you can't really use Kingdom stick as a reference for my skill, it was unfair of them to make us have to drown it all out that long and the way I chose to make it longer made my animation look horrible, I can do much better than that now.

LordDragona
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I might be near your skill level (It's Demi-Angel =])
I don't know how good you really are though =/

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I would show you guys my most recent but its an unfinished 2 man collab with Freddeh and I haven't gotten his permission to show it yet... =\ [he's having internet problems]

I think you're better than me Demi, but I'm not sure, could you show a recent?

Shanto
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
First pick?

=D

LordDragona
09-01-2008, 12:57 PM
This could be better.
http://www.swfme.com/view/1245972

Omega
09-01-2008, 12:59 PM
This could be better.

That looks really good man.

LordDragona
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
That looks really good man.Thanks =]
I think my drawing quality is better than animation quality. I've been trying to get a grasp at the Castle Crashers style. I think it's working quite nicely. (Though the scenery's complexion is outstanding in the game).

Ssjbryando
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
This could be better.

Your bandwagon right? damn got to join now =] Looks good man.

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
First pick?

=D
For now, I'm going to keep the thread open for a couple days just so I know that most everyone who might want to join has seen it.

This could be better.

Nice, You're probably better than me though solely because you can pull off special effects pretty well [fire, dust, etc.] But I wouldn't say no to working with you :P

Just a friendly reminder to everyone cause I see where this thread is going to go if I go offline for a couple hours.

THIS IS NOT A "I'M BETTER THAN <INSERT NAME HERE>" THREAD

Just post an example of your work and I can come in and judge who is closer to my level. Don't argue, don't fight, doing so only makes me want to work with you less. It don't matter whose better than who here.

LordDragona
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Not trying to say you're bad or anything.
But I know it helps me to collaborate with someone that is better than me. That's how I got really good in pivot, and it reflected on my flash skills after a little bit of practice.

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Aye, I get what you're saying Demi, in fact its been a good part of why I've continued to make collab after collab. :P

But it doesn't have to be someone better than me everytime, even someone on the same level as you knows things you don't know, and vice versa.

And I'm well of the fact that I'm not that great an animator :P I have only a little ego.

Chunky
09-01-2008, 03:51 PM
srgsfhsrhyetjhaasdrh rah rah ra

Shit im way too late. Here if you need Cheese ^_^ I'll make an example now.

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
You're not late chunky, I'll be choosing who I want to do this collab with, probably on wensday or thursday. Just so me an example and I'll consider ya.

Request
09-01-2008, 05:13 PM
What if I wanted to animate with you?
Would I be first choice, or what?

Rather Cheesy
09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Could you show me some recent stuff DD? I think the last stuff I saw from you was from tower ascent >_<

Request
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
haha.

meow, I will make recent stuff.

I Got a new Laptop.

Rather Cheesy
09-03-2008, 04:53 AM
BUMP ok sounds good Darkness x2

Alright I'm closing the thread and choosing a partner tomorrow when I get home from school [its 5:53 AM now, I get home about 2:30PM]

Rather Cheesy
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Bump.

Ok no one better qualified to be my partner has said he wanted to join so I guess I'll choose shanto as my partner, I'll leave the thread unlocked for discussion/comments/advice/help/etc. However, me and Shanto will probably do most of our work via PMs.

2nd Runner up:
Demi Angel / super nova

Demi Angel is above me in skill, but I know him.
supernova is closer to my skill level, but I don't know him.

So I guess I'll kind of make the final decision if I need a 2nd runner up. But hopefully me and Shanto can get some production going on :D

supranova
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Eh, its for the better anyway. I dont have a functioning comp with flash at the moment.

Good luck to you and Shanto.

Request
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Shanto sucks.

Ehh, fine I forgot about this.

:c

Rather Cheesy
09-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I know Shanto sucks [no offense Shanto :P] but I suck to, so our skill levels are close meaning that when the animation is finished, we won't have one stick that looks like it was animated by someone like terk or tention, and another that looks like crap. This way it should all come out even.

This was never about who was better, it was about who was closer to my skill level...

Shanto
09-06-2008, 11:02 AM
^ what he said =P