PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to do a joint with me?

RawGreen
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I know this is cheap of me, but I saw the thing that RC has going and I wanted to try it out, and with luck, some one out there might want to give this a try. I LOVE THE COPY AND PASTE BUTTON. RC TYPED THIS OUT BUT I AGREE WITH EVERY BIT OF IT:

Its a two man fight each stick will be animated by me and my partner [I'll have a stick and my partner will have a stick.] It'll work out like so. I will animate my stick punching kicking, striking, shooting, etc. into mid air. Then I'll send the fla to my partner who will fill in who my stick is fighting [my stick's opponent]. then when the frames I have animated run out he will make that same stick punch, kick, striking, shooting, etc. into the air. Then he'll send it back to me, and we will repeat until finished. The final product will have one stick 100% animated by my partner, and one stick 100% animated by me.

We will do roughly 200 frames at a time, 100 frames of filling in our partners opponents and about 100 frames of fighting air. [with the exception of the first and last turns, where it'll be roughly 100] And I'd also like to move the fla every 2-3 days, so you must obviously be able to animate ROUGHLY 200 frames in 2-3 days [if you did the SPP contest #2, it should be no problem].

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON WHAT WEAPONS/POWERS YOU MAY USE OR SPAWN DURING THE ANIMATION just don't be cheap, and make it so theres no way for your opponent to survive. [nukes, uber**** moves, etc.]

If anyone wants to do this two man collab with me, post here. I would prefer to do this with someone I know already, and someone about at my skill level.

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ANIMATE AT OR AROUND 24[or 20 if it makes you feel better] FPS!

I will choose my partner by how well I know the person. If you join, I will be private messaging you the fla file and any other details to questions you may ask.

Who's doing it?
- U-T

invite:
U-T
Paintball

Upps
09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, sure why not.

Request
09-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I'll do it.

I'm better than U-t.

Sunder Forge
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm better then Uni-Bomber
>:P

Raffi
09-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm better than Gru- *ahem* Sunder.

wat wat

RawGreen
09-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Well.... I'm gunna do it with U-T, he got here first and I trust him enough(not saying I don't trust any of you guys). Alrighty then ^^?

Frost
09-06-2008, 10:28 AM
i think im a bit better than u-t, but everyone else pwns me

Edit- o, you got u-t. nvm then

Rather Cheesy
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
God damn you Raw. You can't wait till the final project comes out to do a copy cat film?

Well at least you gave me credit for the idea :P

Sunder Forge
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I like this idea, I may just copy it too.

I'm better than Gru- *ahem* Sunder.

wat wat
Lol .

Rather Cheesy
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I like this idea, I may just copy it too.

Lol .

DAMN YOU!

:P

I'm not really that mad about this, I kind of figured it was inevitable. But I didn't think it would happen so soon after I chose my partner... =\

Motencu
09-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I want to make a joint, but not copy your idea. I just want to make a really long animation with someone. So I can get more inspired. and I do half of the work. ;)

Rather Cheesy
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm going to make a thread for this kind of project, because if you think about it, this thread now has no point, (mine included) and if people keep making these threads then the community projects section will be flooded with them... =\

RawGreen
09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I want to make a joint, but not copy your idea. I just want to make a really long animation with someone. So I can get more inspired. and I do half of the work. ;)

lol, I'm not going to do half the work, I'm going to do twice as much work just to try to do my best. I'm glad you didn't end up as my partner.

Deathwish
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
To be fair, it's not really an original idea so you can't claim credit for it RC.

RawGreen
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
To be fair, it's not really an original idea so you can't claim credit for it RC.

Have you ever heard of the copy and paste buttons? I copied all the text from the thread that he made...that's only why I gave him credit.

Rather Cheesy
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
He was talking to me raw, he said my idea isn't original. And how may I ask is it unoriginal? I've never seen a single animation like it... I'm sure someone somewhere has done it, but someone somewhere has always done one thing or another, so there can be no true originality when it comes to anything, but I mean its more original than any collab dealing with stick fights/killing/death

Ssjbryando
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Copying and pasting everything litterly is pretty ****UP.
(jk >_>)

Rc, if your talking about the joint idea. A LOT of people have done that, well not that much. And I don't think the thread will succeed. People mostly don't search or make a thread when doing joints, they mostly go on msn or IRC and ask them. I don't know, I'm high =\
jk no im not. =|

But yea..

just dropping by >_>

Motencu
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
lol, I'm not going to do half the work, I'm going to do twice as much work just to try to do my best. I'm glad you didn't end up as my partner.
I would work hard too. :) if i wanted, i would do triple.