PDA

View Full Version : noob anim

jimmyp424
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh292/jimmyp424/Sniper.gif?t=1200009082
this is one of my first animations, plz comment!

Abomination Bob
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
it was kinda stiff, over all it wasnt 2 bad but i hated the blod and the guys reaction was horrible

Sunder Forge
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Think about it, if shot with a gun, would "You" bend back and form a ball? I don't think so, be off to the begginers section.

▀ub
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I would suggest that you work on small stuff before you try to do this kind of stuff. Just practice running, walking, punching, and work on smoothness and easing untill you're really good. Because this animation had very little movement, and it was very choppy. You need to add more frames.

edit: and post in the beginners section like grubber said.

sss
01-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Bad physics,and theres not enough movements...beginners section

▄berschall
01-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.

Kaas
01-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.
Not changed a word has it? :')

▄berschall
01-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Well, it has. I wrote this one new a few days ago.

Kaas
01-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, it has. I wrote this one new a few days ago.

Really, hmm, well I guess my memory just plain sucks :')

onestick
05-03-2009, 08:13 AM
cool animation lol

Lemon
05-03-2009, 08:17 AM
cool animation lol

Not very construcive, not very smart.

JimmyP, off to the begginers section, the usual stuff.

Zed
05-03-2009, 08:21 AM
cool animation lol

Fifteen month bump. New guy. Only five posts. Meaningless comment.

You're trying to get to the twenty posts you need for an animation, aren't you?

How To Not Look Like A N00b On Your First Posts
(This copied and pasted advice (origionally by Zed) is being brought to your attention because you are making yourself look stupid. Don't take it as flaming, think of it as a handy guide to graduating from noob to newbie :)

General Advice:
Try spreading the posts out - don't make them all in the pivot section.
Make sure you read the topic so you can post a decent comment.
Use grammar and spelling.
Don't resurect topics that have been dead for more than about a week.
Do not spam.
Do not double post.
Before you ask a question, check whether there is a tutorial. A lot of people ask a lot of questions. Odds are you aren't the first.
Get to three hundred posts and change your name to something without the word "stick" in it and without any numbers. ^(not applicable to all)^

More Specifically:
A good place to post is the debate section where it's easy to post some decent comments on any of the topics. If you don't have an opinion make one up and pretend you do. You could also get away with a post in the welcome thread and a couple of the threads like "continue the story". Tell us what music you're listening to in the "What are you listening to right now" thread (music section) and answer a couple of polls. If you don't follow the points laid out above in "General Advice" people will get very angry at you and you'll look like a complete noob. The last important point is to try to understand things from other people's perspectives. For pity's sake, don't accuse people of flaming you if the give constructive criticism for an animation. And don't flame them back.

I hope you found this generic advice useful.

onestick
05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
lol i know that!!!!

▄berschall
05-03-2009, 09:13 AM
No, no you don't.

Also, holy shit, my copypasta.

Lemon
05-03-2009, 09:46 AM
lol i know that!!!!

Clearly not.

You should have said 'I know that' or 'Thanks for the advice' or 'I am well aware, but thanks for the information.'