PDA

View Full Version : how is this for my first try?

the3rdshinigami
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
as you may have suspected, after reading a lot about pivot and the tuts you supply, i tried it myself and i need some feedback on how well its done and what i need to improve upon. thanks for the awesome site and tutorials!http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7858/24789746cp0.gif

▀ub
09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

RawGreen
09-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I'd say you're a beginner. You need to try animating something easier, make some tests.

Well whats so good about tests? By making different tests for things like walking, easing, running, punching, energy blasts, etc... are good practice and I highly suggest you make tests.

NOW WHATS A FLASH USER TELLING ME THIS FOR? I used pivot before I had flash, so yeah this is better than my first animation. who knows, you might be better than me someday.

I've only been animating for more than half a year, lol.

the3rdshinigami
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
i knew where to post pivots, but i thought it would be more fitting to post it here.

▀ub
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
why, did you not think it was beginner quality?

the3rdshinigami
09-07-2008, 06:02 PM
lol what? what the heck are you saying? i AM a beginner and this IS beginner quality, im not disagreeing with anyone, but seeing as im looking for a bit of helpful hints, or anything helpful, so that im learning i thought this new topic fit well into the tutorial category. i wasn't meaning to "show off" my work or show you how good it is [not], and plus i was replying to the first person who posted (besides me of course). but i am willing to take any criticism you've got for me as long as i am learning more about what to fix. sry for the misunderstanding.

▀ub
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
If you know that it is beginner quality, THEN POST IT IN THE ****ING BEGINNERS SECTION YOU TWAT!!!!

Backflipz
09-07-2008, 11:38 PM
well i think what he means is that he wants expert advice and such, which you cant rly get from beginners...i mean..talk about the blind leading the blind.

▀ub
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
This whole Pivot section is a noob infested shit hole. Go over to DD and read the tuts. Also, a lot of the vets post .pivs of their animations, so download and study them.

Phosphorus
09-08-2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

At least provide some criticism if you're gonna lead him into the shithole that is the beginner's section.

▀ub
09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I just gave him advice.

LongArm
09-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I think the one who did this pivot was only 9 or 10 that was so crappy..., but it was good for a beginner, and mutton head this guy has a potential for pivot (If he does have lol), be patient....

the3rdshinigami
09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
hey man criticism hurts. :( by the way i wasn't trying to do anything special or add a bunch of awesome effects, if you didn't notice i was just trying to do the basics and practice my work. but thanks for the painful criticism, it all adds up in the end you know ;)

Sherbet
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
hey man criticism hurts. :( by the way i wasn't trying to do anything special or add a bunch of awesome effects, if you didn't notice i was just trying to do the basics and practice my work. but thanks for the painful criticism, it all adds up in the end you know ;)

if u cant take critisicm, dont pivot, beucz until you get good, its all you will get

Kaas
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I think the one who did this pivot was only 9 or 10 that was so crappy..., but it was good for a beginner, and mutton head this guy has a potential for pivot (If he does have lol), be patient....

I've seen a 18 year old do worse.
Seriously, In the real world not everyone is good at stuff like this.
And this isn't age related in the slightest, so stow it.

Don't get me wrong the animation is obviously to full of non-sense to even rate, but he can be 27 for all you know.

For the C&C, well there isn't much to say apart from, try making simple stuff before you even touch downloaded stk's. Hell try not to download stk's at all and make you own at one point. But basic start is: Make you own simple stickman, learn walking, learn running, learn jumping and so forth.

the3rdshinigami
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
and if you read what i said carefully, i didn't say i couldn't handle your criticism or even imply that. i mean maybe it was worse than my first impressions led me to believe, but it was my first try ever and im pretty sure i could do a lot worse. and btw im 15-16, im no 10 year old, i've even got the beard to prove it. and as i said when i posted this topic that was a practice, i wasn't really trying too hard, i was however trying to make it look at least remotely close to the simple examples provided for beginners like me. but why do i care, all the internet is made of is millions of ten year old boys who can't do sports but instead spend all of their time on a stickfigure program so they can pretend to be 26 and critique everyones work.

the3rdshinigami
09-10-2008, 10:05 AM
and completely off-topic but for anyone who plays world of warcraft, go to quizfarm.com and search "which wow class properly fits your personality" or you could just search the first three words "which wow class" and go down and click the quiz title that says, which wow class properly fits your personality. if i don't make good pivots, hey, maybe i make good quizzes lol