PDA

View Full Version : pwnage

khalil cut air
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
wel...I'd like to post on an existing thread, but since I found out you can't double post, I don't wanna seem like a weiner, so I'm making a new one.

anyways, on youtube there's a couple series about pwnage, with easytoons. it all shows awesome power, with sticks.

anyways, a I made this one, which really isn't too pwnage-y, until the end. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the punches and kicks seem like they have no power, just a kata. maybe because there's no resistance? anyways, check it, and help me figure out what's wrong...
also, I finally found out how to make smaller images of big gifs to ake 'em crisper...good old fireworks.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/645/awesomepwnageum2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

and now that I see it at this size, I apologize for the weird flashes. He's forming signs with his hands, it's just too small a motion to be seen...perhaps I should make some zooming action for that...a bubble wouldn't work, cuz the fire's too important... or maybe I could make a bubble outside of the flashes.

Oh, and his head is a balloon. n case I didn't mention '^_^

Index
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
tl;dr

It's smooth but it lacks physics, and the particles at the end are godly.

khalil cut air
09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks a bunch. all it was was taking a 1 pt eraser and rubbing...FURIOUSLY!!
I'll work on the physics... I know the kicking and jumping is a little "wire fu," but thankfully...that what I was going for.

puinkey
09-11-2008, 02:51 AM
The beam particles are good
( were you trying to write the word " fire" in japenese ? )

Straight sticks :|

Rabstar
09-11-2008, 02:53 AM
:O, puinkey is now master of japanese! XD
i like it, did u beneton for blur? cause it all loooks blurred

Naglfar
09-11-2008, 06:37 AM
That looks more like 犬(Dog)...Were you trying to write 火(Fire)?...
Pretty good nonetheless, also like the beam.

Cizzil
09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
not bad at all, just the punches and kicks are bad.

puinkey
09-11-2008, 07:36 AM
BTW do you even know who made the REAL pwnage stick animations? o_o

khalil cut air
09-11-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks. I think the blur is just a result of me sizing it down, then up in fireworks...It started out as 500x300, and I made it a lot smaller...

and yes, I admit the I totally screwed up the fire. now that we can all accept this into ouor lives...what say we let it go, ah?
and yeah, I did startaight sticks because that's the only way my running cycle looks any good. curves or fullbody (didn't do one yet, hopefully by tomorow morning) just wreaks havok on walking.

Also, I just made a EZT facebook group. so If anyone is rockin' that, you should check it out and make it a viable group, kna'mean?

stare
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
You need to work on the run, very stiff.
Same with the jump.
Your effects weren't half bad!
But I think if you took more time on the beam, it could've been better.

Sunder Forge
09-11-2008, 08:36 PM
tl;dr

It's smooth but it lacks physics, and the particles at the end are godly.
You're joking right? they were awful.

khalil cut air
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
You're joking right? they were awful.

after looking back, I realize that yeah, I should've made them move outwards more, and added a couple more frames and speeded hem up a bit, sure...but they weren't that bad

khalil cut air
09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
You need to work on the run, very stiff.
Same with the jump.
Your effects weren't half bad!
But I think if you took more time on the beam, it could've been better.

yeah, on the beam I was really just getting tired of doing it. all that line making, and circle pulling....it takes so many frames to make one second!
I think that making a particle-thingy for the portion of the beam that radiates from the hand is awesome...kinda like the "spaghetti-o's in Life Force...or for you new-heads, R-type revolutions/generations/whatever it was called

the darkest white
09-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Quite stiff and the punches and kicks are a little too fast to see what happens. The beam was good until right at the end where it seemed to linger a bit too long. Also head re-sized a lot. On a nicer note, the particles at the end rocked.

khalil cut air
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
thanks. I'm working on making a personl character right now. That's right, not a stick. unfortunately, for some reason my parents "don't" want me animating all the time (?), so now I have to do other things, and stay up bitch late to do this stuff.
btw, my framerate is at 8 ms for this animation, and it's got only 44 frames. I've been wondering for a while, if I add a crap-load more frames to smooth it out and increase the FR, will it look less stiff?

the darkest white
09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes adding frames can help. Also make him move his joints a lot more. A punch should have a build up, then the punch, then the arm should carry on moving after due to the force of it. Bend his back more too.

khalil cut air
09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes adding frames can help. Also make him move his joints a lot more. A punch should have a build up, then the punch, then the arm should carry on moving after due to the force of it. Bend his back more too.
thanks I'll give it a shot.

Hyun
09-18-2008, 11:45 PM
the animation itself needs some work but the effects were nice!

gdragon
09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
its cool the end was awesome