PDA

View Full Version : Poyzd Arena, a poyzd and negadrain mania/collab

poyzd
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Whats this?

hi, not many of you know negadrain and less of you know me.
but im starting a mania with help from negadrain.
the colours and weapons are already decided as you can see below, (click the people)

width="450" height="250"

and you are free to choose one and only one character. ( to be completly fair the winner and order people die has ALREADY been decided so no worries )

Rules Of Entry.

You must at least know me or negadrain
OR be very active and have been heard of by me or negadrain (hes heard of alot of people i think)

thats pretty much all the rules really.

If you want to help.

you could suggest songs (we need some)
you CAN suggest more characters but its doubtful we'll add it unless its amazing and we must have your suggestion
also you could promote this in your sig use this image http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8831/bannerqc8.png and link to this page: /forums/showthread.php?t=92862

Please be patient to be accepted as i dont live on the site.
you'll know if youve been accepted when your character goes to just an outline with your spp username above it

The Characters Powers (incase they aren't clear on the swf)

Orange - Inner Ki (DragonHawk/Plain shifter)
Turquoise - Flame manipulator (Gyohdon)
Red - Energy Force (Fitzy)
Blue - Beam Sword (lag)
Black - gun (Rather Cheesy)
Grey - sword (NegaDrain)
Green - Eraser (Raffeh)
Pink - Chaos Fists (Chunk)

This is the order of when people die, i.e pink dies first, orange wins.

Orange
Turquoise
Red
Blue
Black
Grey
Green
Pink
Actually this is bogus ive changed the order which you die!

ALL PLACES FULL! (but you can still join NDarena when he puts it up!)

Rather Cheesy
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Gimme an example of you work and I might join...

RawGreen
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
If I can get my computer going, I could make an OST for you, though I would require the swf file and the project near complete(before you go back and fix details and add sound effects), I should be done with the soundtrack when you're done with fixing details...

EDIT: RATHER CHEESY, HERE IS A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92827

Rather Cheesy
09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
A little something with stick physics perhaps? That animation doesn't tell me much, although I do like that smoke effect, it doesn't tell me if hes a good stick animator...

poyzd
09-13-2008, 06:16 AM
If I can get my computer going, I could make an OST for you, though I would require the swf file and the project near complete(before you go back and fix details and add sound effects), I should be done with the soundtrack when you're done with fixing details...

EDIT: RATHER CHEESY, HERE IS A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK (the url is here cant post because i lack 20 posts)

whats OST? and thanks for offering help =P
and ill show an example what I wanna show, but thanks anyway.
im making a physics one now RC.

EDIT: DONE

width = "450" height = "250"

Raffi
09-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Hm, it looks rather decent. Sure, I'll join this. :] I didn't like the way the purple guy picked up the red dude though, he slowed down too fast. If that makes much sense.

I'll take green.

Also, orange fits the fire manipulator power more than inner ki. Meh, it's your prject anyway.

Chunky
09-13-2008, 06:55 AM
I would like Pink please.

poyzd
09-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Hm, it looks rather decent. Sure, I'll join this. :] I didn't like the way the purple guy picked up the red dude though, he slowed down too fast. If that makes much sense.

I'll take green.

Also, orange fits the fire manipulator power more than inner ki. Meh, it's your prject anyway.

i dont really know you but ND does so in.
yup heard of you chunk also in.
updating swf now =D

Ahtex!
09-13-2008, 08:20 AM
nice example dude!
do ya want me to pm some people?

EDIT: also im gonna add that link thing you did to my sig.
it might be an idea to offer it to people in the help part of the thread so they dont have to save it themselves and stuff.

poyzd
09-13-2008, 08:26 AM
thanks but i think you should PM people in abit cous.
like if we dont get that many people joining.
and yeah i suppose adding the image for people is a good idea but i doubt people will put it in their sig, oh well.

no character for you? im not gonna have one because im animating it. but your only assisting when i need help so why not have a character.
(but you cant have the winner because thats unfair as you know who it is lol)

Ahtex!
09-13-2008, 08:30 AM
lol "cous"? you mean cousin XD (but i'd rather you didnt declare that on the web =\)
and ok ill pm people as a last resort.

i can have a char? ok i will have erm... damn the one i want wins XD...
so i guess itll have to be: Grey =P
beam swords < regular sword lol

EDIT: and whyd ya call it a collab?! im not actually animating in this im just offering tips!

poyzd
09-13-2008, 08:35 AM
updated swf.
and added the image (this 20 post thing is annoying)

Rather Cheesy
09-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Alright your examples good enough, I guess I'll join, NegaDrain SHOULD know me. :D

Gimme black...

Sorry for the hassle of making your post examples before joining, usually when someone with low post count that no one's heard of makes a thread, their complete noobs claiming their epic... :P

fitzy
09-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Red - energy force please :D

negadrain likes me i think...you can ask him yourself...just incase you dont know if any of you know me

poyzd
09-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Alright your examples good enough, I guess I'll join, NegaDrain SHOULD know me. :D

Gimme black...

Sorry for the hassle of making your post examples before joining, usually when someone with low post count that no one's heard of makes a thread, their complete noobs claiming their epic... :P

lol he dont know you im afraid =\

Red - energy force please :D

negadrain likes me i think...you can ask him yourself...just incase you dont know if any of you know me

and he hates you so no =P

Lag
09-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Blue, blue. =3
Please?
kkthx

poyzd
09-13-2008, 01:21 PM
yush ND knows of you =P
In

poyzd
09-16-2008, 09:36 AM
BUMP!
come on only 2 places left =\
the winner still hasnt been picked!

Raffi
09-16-2008, 09:40 AM
WHat the hell? You turned down 2 extremely well known people JUST because ONE person doesn't know them?

Gyohdon
09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey, if one you knows me, I'll take turqouise. Fire, fire, wheeeeew!

And the thing on weapons and stiff, when you go over lag, the blue one, his left arm does weird...

TheCreator
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Can I join, I think nega knows/heard of me.
Name: Shifter
also, i will help with pretty much anything but drawing till my tab gets here, and for song promote, i would have to say Riot by Three Days Grace would be a good arena/fight song

poyzd
09-17-2008, 08:09 AM
WHat the hell? You turned down 2 extremely well known people JUST because ONE person doesn't know them?

LOL?!
_ srsly, you gotta be joking =0
i was joking at RC and fitzy lol, Negadrain is like proper good mates with fitzy and of course we've heard of RC the "collab messiah" XD

yup gyohdon is in
and plain shifter, unless you've had a name change neither me nor negadrain have heard of you =\ (but i may let you in if no-one else joins or if you are someone else.) PLUS: dont make up your own character please they are already set.

LAST CHARACTER IS THE ORANGE ONE! JOIN NOW!

TheCreator
09-17-2008, 08:12 AM
i had a name change, i was Dragonhawk before
k, edited
ill be orange

poyzd
09-17-2008, 08:17 AM
yup in sos about that.
is it ok if i call you dragonhawk on the anim? (i just prefer it as all)

Ahtex!
09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
yay! you got it full poyzd.
now i can start my arena kay?
(btw for those of you who dont know, me and poyzd have a bet to see who can do a better mania, which ever one gets a better vote on NG wins)

Gyohdon
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Ololol

I'm fire-master.

Jottum.

TheCreator
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
ok, thanks poly, yeah its ok, but is it ok if i join both arenas?
if not, could i like be in the crowd or something for ND arena?

Raffi
09-18-2008, 01:51 AM
HELL YES, I'M THE ONE WHO LASTS SECOND LONGEST.

Gyohdon
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Idiot, why did you post the order of deaths?

It has to be a surprise.

And I die second....

I HAVE THE STRONGEST POWER, NOOOW!

poyzd
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
actually raffeh according to that, you die 2nd.
you sure thats the order Gyohdon?
you gonna believe everything that i tell ya?!

Gyohdon
09-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Ololol

I read order, and then 1 2 3, so yeah.
I'm almost going to win, yayz!

Btw, is the 'death order' chosen by join order?

TheCreator
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
no, he chose it before anyone even joined

Ahtex!
09-19-2008, 09:57 AM
as did i with my arena.
if you look at the death order poyzd has submitted, it is identical to the list of characters above it. hes got mixed up. that is infact the APPEARANCE list: the order when you see people in the anim but its in reverse meaning the first 2 people are pink and green (Chunk and Raffeh)
i know this because mines the same.

however i think hes slightly modified this because hes shown me how far hes got in his and its pink vs black (chunk vs RC) and RC appears first walking in a quite cinematic way with all angles and stuff and picks up his gun and starts firing at chunk who dodges them all. one of them dies but i aint saying yet as a surprise.

btw: hes miles ahead of my anim XD

OhComeOn
09-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Delete the last part, you're giving away too much.

Ahtex!
09-20-2008, 08:38 AM
lol actually thats hardly anything! hes got over a minute so far =\ im seriously lagging behind D=

poyzd
09-20-2008, 08:49 AM
how much you got neg- Ahtex?!? when did ya get your name changed...
is it still 5%?! boy your so slow!
anyone want me to show what i got so far? Or can you wait?

Raffi
09-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I sent a message to you over msn nega.

Lol Niggadrain

Ahtex!
09-20-2008, 10:48 AM
poyzd, dont show what you got so far.
whats the point of watching it if people know the first half already?

Raffeh stop calling me that =P

Raffi
09-20-2008, 11:29 AM
lol and lol.

TheCreator
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
You can show it if you want, it would be better considering your half done, to just make us wait, so its more of a suprise, but its up to you.

Clips
09-23-2008, 05:24 AM
i hate it when ppl show b4 finished bcuz then when you wathc the fini'd 1, its just pretty boring
until you get to the naoew bit

Raffi
09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
i hate it when ppl show b4 finished bcuz then when you wathc the fini'd 1, its just pretty boring
until you get to the naoew bit
What? I didn't get a single part of that post.

LordDragona
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
until you get to the naoew bitDon't post like you're ****ing 8 or 10.

TheCreator
09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
what if he is XD that wouldn't suprise me....