PDA

View Full Version : [Cheesy] First stick aniamtion since SPPC#2

Rather Cheesy
09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
This is my first real stick animation since I did my kingdom hearts animation. The style I did KH is crappy, I knew it when I submited it. This is a better example of my skill than that is...
http://fwup.net/view/9bh4fuiecd

I'm not in love with the last kick and stance thing, I just got tired of animating it towards the end. I don't think I'll continue it, what do you think?

Vincent
09-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Lol i've never seen a stick figure move like that.
It was ok, the last kick was mehhhhhh.

But besides that last kick you should work on how you're stick move's, it was smooth but it just looked funky >~<.

New Generation
09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
He looks a bit choppy but way too stiff, his spine just doesn't bend enough. His moves look unrealistic and force less. Add a blur or something to the hands or a shake effect. The first kick had good force thought. The moves weren't that smooth either. Take more time and go over the animation as many times until it looks "of good quality and quantity" to watch. But don't forget sounds! =D

It was short really but it's not bad overall. Continue it but edit the beginning until you continue it.

Rather Cheesy
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Lol i've never seen a stick figure move like that.
It was ok, the last kick was mehhhhhh.

But besides that last kick you should work on how you're stick move's, it was smooth but it just looked funky >~<. VERY smooth though

Yeah, I'm not in love with the last kick myself I was sort of working on the crit I received last time which was mostly that it was choppy and could use a tad more easing. It probably looks weird cause I did a couple moves where he spins and its sort of hard to tell when a stick spins or not, I'll try to make the spins a little more defined next time.

M3D
09-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Needs easing.
Work on that and its kool.

Killcycle
09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I noticed that he got a bit smaller at the end. Don't you hate that? I never notice it until I've already animated a good 10 seconds of movement and my guy has shrunk. I dunno how to fix that but I'm just pointing it out.

Rather Cheesy
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm always working on easing M3D my easing should be better next time :P

I see the resizing by comparing the begining to the end stances, but otherwise its not that noticible, but I'll definatly try not resize it as much next time :D

Check it out I lowered the fps to 18 I think it looks a little better, tell me what ya think.
http://fwup.net/view/pr8hssdpsw

Scorpioxxx
09-13-2008, 05:53 PM
18 looks better, the stick starts higher than ne ends which killed your reflection/shadow. As pointed out he shrunk a bit aswell. However, apart from the last kick and final stance it flows very well and is a defeinate improvment on you KH animation.

Vincent
09-14-2008, 01:24 AM
What Scorpioxxx said,

You should make the spine bend a bit more. And 18 did look better. What I do when i'm stuck on how a stick should preform a move (like doing a backflip) I go to youtube and watch retards do a half backflip and land on there head. That usually helps.

Raffi
09-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Reminds me of Cicada's style. >.>

Yeah, can't see any flaws apart from the last kick which everyone knows :P

krismobile
09-14-2008, 02:01 AM
his feet shake a little i love the shadow tho

Rather Cheesy
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
What Scorpioxxx said,

You should make the spine bend a bit more. And 18 did look better. What I do when i'm stuck on how a stick should preform a move (like doing a backflip) I go to youtube and watch retards do a half backflip and land on there head. That usually helps.
I've actually found how to animate any move from any position, its how I did the entire animation. I just messed up when doing the last one. The youtube thing doesn't help me much but I'll defiantly try it if 'm having trouble, thanks for the feedback.

Reminds me of Cicada's style. >.>

Yeah, can't see any flaws apart from the last kick which everyone knows :P
:D that makes me happy! Yeah the last kick was weird I know...

I think I'll try animating at 18 fps for awhile to see if it comes out better than my animations at 24 fps...

dawG
09-14-2008, 02:08 PM
It was some ok moves, but it ended up pretty bad.

New Generation
09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
He looks a bit choppy but way too stiff, his spine just doesn't bend enough. His moves look unrealistic and force less. Add a blur or something to the hands or a shake effect. The first kick had good force thought. The moves weren't that smooth either. Take more time and go over the animation as many times until it looks "of good quality and quantity" to watch. But don't forget sounds! =D

It was short really but it's not bad overall. Continue it but edit the beginning until you continue it.

I have a FEELING that you didn't read my criticism...:Nooooooo:

M3D
09-15-2008, 01:54 PM
No, he just didnt want to reply to it, fool.
No one needs to reply to EVERY post they get in thier thread.

New Generation
09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
I think he lost the love for me.

Mesmay
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
It was pretty good.
Although, stop using pencil.
Yes, use brush instead.

Brush is easier.
I know you're used to pencil.
But just try it out.