PDA

View Full Version : Default Stik Fights: Project [Bust]

.Busted
09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm making an animation that'll be around 1 minute.
This is the preview. Enjoy.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/2hed1/DefaultStickFights-1.gif

Serious C&C Please, because i'm serious about making this.

Saha
09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
And previews never finish because most animators on this forum are to bloody lazy. Just like me

Theres nothing to give c&c about. Posting previews are pointless unless they have other than words popping up and zooming into the screen.

The punch and the kick was stiff, uneased and not powerful.
The reaction was the same.

Your easing was |-|-|-|-|-|-|

Easing is |-|--|---|-----|---|--|-|
It actually depends on your action. Different actions = Different easing.

A punch goes |-|--|---|--|-|= Bringing up the arm to a correct position
|-|--|---|-----|--|-|= Landing the punch

A kick is the same. But just slightly different when bringing up the leg.
This wont explain much but Baha's tutorial below shall give you more than a thousand words.

I really suggest you work on easing.
I'm going to tell you once and only once. Go to this link and finish reading it.
Its will help you a shit load

Link- http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662
Thank me later. Read it NAOW

Stormwalker
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Umm... wrong. First you pull the arm back with easing in the end , but then the arm nearly instantly lunges forward with a small bit of easing in the end.

power fuse0
09-17-2008, 01:19 AM
And previews never finish because most animators on this forum are to bloody lazy. Just like me

Theres nothing to give c&c about. Posting previews are pointless unless they have other than words popping up and zooming into the screen.

The punch and the kick was stiff, uneased and not powerful.
The reaction was the same.

Your easing was |-|-|-|-|-|-|

Easing is |-|--|---|-----|---|--|-|
It actually depends on your action. Different actions = Different easing.

A punch goes |-|--|---|--|-|= Bringing up the arm to a correct position
|-|--|---|-----|--|-|= Landing the punch

A kick is the same. But just slightly different when bringing up the leg.
This wont explain much but Baha's tutorial below shall give you more than a thousand words.

I really suggest you work on easing.
I'm going to tell you once and only once. Go to this link and finish reading it.
Its will help you a shit load

Link- http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662
Thank me later. Read it NAOW

You dont actually explain things too well do you.

M3D
09-17-2008, 02:45 AM
No he doesn't .
Edit: This was written by and old friend of mine Named Desert Eagle.

Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.

zawmbee
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
damn you m3d D: