PDA

View Full Version : Diary of Ja- ... a quitter

‹berschall
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
So yeah, I'm going to quit smoking. Definately. This time, I will.
I tried it more than once, I tried ot fairly often, but I never could resist. I don't know why, I didn't get any symptoms that were obvious, but I just couldn't resist to go out and buy another pack. Well this time, I will.

So yeah, I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow will be the first non-smoking day for me, ever. What will work is keeping myself busy with fun stuff, I got Operation Flashpoint and The Settlers II, so that should work. Being busy with shit like homework doesn't help, because then I somewhen distract myself with smoking. But now I'm going to be busy with shit I don't want to distract myself from. Not at all.
I'm keeping this updated for every day for the coming week, just for the hell of it. I was told that the first day is the hardest one, the second one being pretty nasty as well, but after that, it would go down pretty sweet. Keep an eye on this.

Vervanda
09-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Pretty inspiring, lol.

Bonk
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Good luck. How long HAD you been smoking?

Nodd
09-20-2008, 11:39 PM
I can go any amount of time without smoking.
Addiction has never been an issue for me.

Beta
09-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Tomorrow will be the first non-smoking day for me, ever.

Holy shit, what have you been smoking as, a fetus?

alive
09-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Diary of Jane!

oh well, good luck mister. I've never even tried a cigarette.

Jousteh
09-21-2008, 04:25 AM
Diary of Jane!

Same with me.

Good luck, beat the shit out of smoking.

‹berschall
09-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Diary of Jane!

Don't. At the beginning it's really all like "I could stop whenever I wanted" but that changes sooner than you think.
I had been smoking for little over a year then, and it's hard to quit. Cold turkey.

So I just got up, normally I'd go smoking now. But I don't. First time resisting. =/

Slayer
09-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Man, just substitute it for something less damaging, like beer.

Or gum, I guess.

Scarecrow
09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Dude, I don't see how it's hard to quit anything.

If you're smoking twice a day, cut back to one a day. Then after a week or so, one every second day. Then every third day. Eventually one a week, and by then it shouldn't be too hard to just stop.

I did this with caffeine when I quit ages ago, when I noticed that suddenly stopping would nearly kill me.

But then I realised that I actually drink caffeine because I love it, not just because I'm addicted to it. I'm now a proud addict again

But I have good reasons to love caffeine, and there aren't that many reasons to stay a smoker. Good luck with quitting, but cold turkey will be a lot harder then gradually letting off.

[edit]

Oh, and, for the record, I've smoked, but addiction has never really been a problem. I only have one like once every couple months, if someone offers me one. I refuse to actually buy a packet, because I know that THAT is how addiction kicks off.

madness8791
09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Yes Diary of Jane is a fantastic song.