09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
http://strills.deviantart.com/art/Effect-training-99242160

CC is VERY appreciated.

Clutch
09-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Stop being so ****ing good ._.

LordDragona
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
The first effect was the only one I liked.
I though the others sucked =/

The blood was terrible IMO.

Index
09-28-2008, 01:52 PM
The first effect is rate cool

Drifts
09-28-2008, 01:53 PM
GOSH!!!! way over the top EpiC effects!! Oh gosh *lost for words* uhhh CRAP. Sweet job strills! Sweet job.

Strills
09-28-2008, 01:55 PM

CC ?

Ssjbryando
09-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Same, except I didn't thought the others sucked, they were ok.

I loved the first, the second was just smoke, third was a cliche effect done by a lot but was still nice =3

overall nice.

Gonna have to steal that force unleashed effect =3

Strills
09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
YOU WONT DO IT AS GOOD AS I DID MOAHAHA.

oh and creds to mesmay for cc BEFORE EVERYONE OF YOU

LordDragona
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
The first effect was really really good. So defiantly do that in animations.
The explosions were too basic, they were blurred and cropped a bit. In my opinion, that makes it look lazy and bad. If you did a FBF explosion with a blur, it would look better IMO. At least you managed to emphasize power, so good job on that.
The red and blue blast thing seemed off. The colors were too different. If you made a symbol to cover the entire frame and you inverted it, I think It would look better. The particles on beam whatever were too big for me, and there were only a couple.
The blood looked like you moved it and re-sized it for about 3-5 frames. I didn't like the particles on the blood either. The physics are WAY off to. He would not have moved back like that by being hit with a rock. He also would not have lost that much blood, especially when he hits the border of the frame. He shouldn't have lost any blood from that. The most that should have happened was he took one step back, crouched down and covered his eye with his arms. There would be some blood particles yes, not that many though. There would mainly be lots of blood rushing down his face. I know from a personal experience =]

edit: Creds to me for actually posting CC in the thread before anyone else. And a lot of it.

Drifts
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Same, except I didn't thought the others sucked, they were ok.

I loved the first, the second was just smoke, third was a cliche effect done by a lot but was still nice =3

overall nice.

Gonna have to steal that force unleashed effect =3

You read my mind :Embarrassed:

M3D
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
The blood looked like little wood sticks that broke.
I didnt like the smoke unless it wasn't finished.
And what was that at the end? looked weird.
The first effect was kool.

Strills
09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
The first effect was really really good. So defiantly do that in animations.
The explosions were too basic, they were blurred and cropped a bit. In my opinion, that makes it look lazy and bad. If you did a FBF explosion with a blur, it would look better IMO. At least you managed to emphasize power, so good job on that.
The red and blue blast thing seemed off. The colors were too different. If you made a symbol to cover the entire frame and you inverted it, I think It would look better. The particles on beam whatever were too big for me, and there were only a couple.
The blood looked like you moved it and re-sized it for about 3-5 frames. I didn't like the particles on the blood either. The physics are WAY off to. He would not have moved back like that by being hit with a rock. He also would not have lost that much blood, especially when he hits the border of the frame. He shouldn't have lost any blood from that. The most that should have happened was he took one step back, crouched down and covered his eye with his arms. There would be some blood particles yes, not that many though. There would mainly be lots of blood rushing down his face. I know from a personal experience =]

edit: Creds to me for actually posting CC in the thread before anyone else. And a lot of it.

Woah thanks alot. I pretty much agree with oyu on everything, except maybe the blood which I like.

I know about that it shouldn't be that much blood, but I just wanted some sort of wound easily done so I could make blood without making it look weird. idk what i just said, hopefully you'll get it.

The colors in the blast were the inverted colors for each other, I usually do that.

LordDragona
09-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Did you actually invert it, or just go by the fact that blue is the inverse of red?
It looked strange.

I understand about what you did with the blood. Just look at Jcamelo, lol.

NCz
09-28-2008, 02:33 PM
The red power up blast thing was a total Terk copy IMO.

The first one was the best.

Edit: link for proof http://terkoiz.deviantart.com/art/Dead-Refreshes-66821425
It's like test #10 or something in this link.

M3D
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM
NCz Do you like, recognise it or do you just look at strills' anims then go looking at terks finding something that is the same.

Wow I did not even recognise that.

Ssjbryando
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I did to, that's why I said ''The second effect was overdone by many before''
But yea it looked the same but jcamelo used it to and some others. So yea.

And I will make it look better >:3

And why you always get so much replies even if you have a 1 second thing :C
/Yelous

Omega
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
ohmygodthatfirsteffectwaslovely

Really. I didn't expect that from you because I expected all of the other effects, which is why I don't need to CC those.

But that first effect was awesome. It looked like there was a lot of force, which is good. The particles swirling around the ball was good too.

Nice use of gradients as well.

You are beyond good now :)

kinto
09-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Good job there, basically I'd say the explosions were a little lazy but the rock hitting the guy was awkward. Take a look at it again....

Spitzer
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Terkoiz.

btw m3d i recognized it too.

the only thing you do thats not like terkoiz is your FB.

Spitzer
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
btw i loved the blood why does everyone hate it :|

BTB
09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
i dont know!!! I liked everything!! :D

Strills
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys.

How is the first one like terkoiz spitzrrrr? I havent seen him do that, ever.

Lixu
09-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Dude, you suck.
You suck, at being bad.

Cizzil
09-29-2008, 06:27 AM
wow. the first one is great, the other ones are good too, but not nearly as good as the first.

Mesmay
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I helped you with the first one =3(although only with the power issue thing =P)

NCz
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
NCz Do you like, recognise it or do you just look at strills' anims then go looking at terks finding something that is the same.

Wow I did not even recognise that.

No i just recognized it.

Tawnik
09-30-2008, 04:28 AM

You are wrong IMO

All of them were good,the first one was great,but I also like the explosions and the fb run.

M3D
09-30-2008, 06:23 AM

The blood was terrible IMO.You are wrong IMO

All of them were good,the first one was great,but I also like the explosions and the fb run.

Its just what he thinks. Do you know what [IMO] means?
He is not strying to say what he said is the truth, he is saying its In his own opinion.

And like you said all of them were good In your own opinion

Its everyones different opinions. So get out of Strills ass when someone has something negative to say about it.
I don't think they are all good too. But its what i think.

Im not starting an argument Tawn, But next time look out for:
IMO

Tawnik
09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Look,read my post again.Maybe you'll get it

edit: dONT SHOUT AT ME !

Strills
09-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah M3D I think you got Tawnik wrong. He said "You're wrong in my opinion".

I didn't say he was wrong, he said he thinks he's wrong.

whatever

M3D
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I didn't shout, You just read it wrongly. I would have had explination marks.
But still, what i meant was even if its in your own opinion, you still cant say someone elses opinion is wrong. Because its thier opinion. You made it look like yours was right.

This doesn't have to unfold to an argument, I was just saying.
Whatever.

Drifts
10-01-2008, 06:13 AM
:O so thats what IMO means,you people use it all the time and i get so confused.

Gyohdon
10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Now, strills, get to the fucking frontpage before I start raping your pets.

Tawnik
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I thought the caps means shouting :D
Im just about to say you maybe didn't see the "imo" in my post so your post was quite funny then.

nevermind :)