PDA

View Full Version : Quick practice

Kensei
10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I was watching a trailer for Xam'd ( new anime on Ps3 ) and paused it to view it FBF and I noticed how it looked when I FBFed it, it would show an alpha image of the next frame on the frame before before it if it was a big movement to create an image of flow and smoothness. I done this test in like 3mins (srsly) just to see how it would look on a stick anim and couldnt be bothered to do a whole stickman so now I have this o.o.

http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=761525 :Anime alpha version

End result is kinda confusing o.o I think I done it wrong... Sorry about all the half assed anims im doing :D. I just dont feel like putting effort into stuff atm because im working on something bigger and all the efforts going into that :3.

http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=331688 : Normal version ( with abit of normal trailing alpha)

Might wanna Pause and FBF to see what im talking about :c.

Posted this cos i felt like posting something :/. no crit needed unless you really want to

M3D
10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
This is interesting.
I can see the difference watching it after pausing it and viewing it fbf.

Neat little thing there. I might try it.

By the way that was nice and smooth.

Sunder Forge
10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm so gonna use that, awsome effect, made the animation great.

RawGreen
10-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm going to be using the anime alpha thing you got going, it makes the animation ultra smooth like.

EDIT: if you get enough down with trails and stuff like this, make us a tutorial. We'd love it up.

Kensei
10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm going to be using the anime alpha thing you got going, it makes the animation ultra smooth like.

EDIT: if you get enough down with trails and stuff like this, make us a tutorial. We'd love it up.

Trails arnt hard you just copy the frames onto a new layer then alpha them, easier if made into a movieclip :p.

Oh noes now everyones gonna use ma techniques.... oh well :C

Omega
10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Is the alpha supposed to be that evident in the anime?

Kensei
10-01-2008, 06:03 PM
not sure what you mean by that omega if you mean if it was evident in the anime trailer thing I watched then no it wasn't very evident in that.

But I just alpha'd it to 25 in my anim cos I like the number 25 and like I said it was just a test and its not perfect :3

Spitzer
10-01-2008, 06:07 PM
The alphaing your seeing as just the video player, nice eye though.

This could still be used as a nice effect.