PDA

View Full Version : Block Adventure 3 IS OUT!

zymn
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
yep, it is.
finally...

On Kongregate:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/zymn/block-adventure-3

On Newgrounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/462888

Have Fun!

oh COME ON...
STILL no comments?

comment.
you people used to be excited.

2-D
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
**** YES I LOVE GAMES WHERE YOU HAVE TO SIT THERE AND WAIT FOR A SLOW MOVING PLATFORM TO COME BACK YOUR WAY

stop bumping your own threads zymn, youre ****ing pathetic.

and this isnt myspace, or youtube. this is a forum, this is a reply, not a comment.

D0wnW1thTh3S1ckn3ss
10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
**** YES I LOVE GAMES WHERE YOU HAVE TO SIT THERE AND WAIT FOR A SLOW MOVING PLATFORM TO COME BACK YOUR WAY

If u cant wait like 3seconds for a platform to move back to you, you have issues. :Ohhhhh:

It was fun, very addicting(to me =P):Happy:

Bonk
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Uh...

Uhm...

Yeeeah it's not great. The first bit was slightly annoying, but at least youd didn't replicate it much. There was no story, which was a bit lame, and it just turned it into a hack platformer. The first level was nice, as was the volcano and ice one, but the arrows one and the grey box one were bland and lame. The band one was original but easy.

There were a few bugs. In the bland second level, when you land on the low down stretch near the end, you can go backwards, into the previous building, and fall to death. In the ice level, you tried to make it slippery. But I think you just made the acceleration faster, because i still "slipped" while in the air.

LordDragona
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Sucks. Just stop attempting. You suck. Get better at graphics first, or at least make friends so someone would offer to do the graphics for you.

The ice level was pathetic. All you did was increase the speed, which doesn't make for an ice effect, it makes for a ****ed up piece of shit game.

Bonk
10-06-2008, 11:31 PM
The code in general was above average. Don't stop attempting.

LordDragona
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I say he stops attempting at games like this.
Paco made a test engine for his game and it has like, 3 things to do and it's a lot more fun than this game -_-

I would help you if you would make a full fledged platformer.
But some left to right jumping crap like this looks gay. Make a better platformer if you're going to continue. There really wasn't a need for a 3rd one.

Bonk
10-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I agree it needs more. Apples one was better just because it had a story (sort of) and good graphics, neither of which are to do with the code. SO he can make a good game with this code.

But I think he shouldn't. He needs to add more to do.

But he did pretty well. Back when I coded, getting the character to not slide off moving platforms was a task that took me a long time, and he has got it here. The code isn't bad, he just did nothing but the code, which led to a bad game.

zymn
10-07-2008, 07:57 AM
listen u ****ed up bitches. this game doesn't need a story. look at Braid for gods sake. it doesn't even have a ****in preloader or story. you just have to save a princess. and its one of the best xbox live games! so, listen u little dweeb dragona. i really don't like you. apples was supposed to do the art, but he never did for some reason. what the hell happened to him?

and listen, pirate helped me code shit. just not enough. now, once u get your facts straight, stop insulting your superiors.
and, no need for a third one? people WANTED a third one. they told me what they wanted to see in it. i put it in there. i made it FOR the people, asshole.
and, oh, LOOK AT THIS SHIT. A FAN LOVES IT SO DAMN MUCH:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2022087/this-game-is-brilliant/page/1

OK?!
now, i don't want u little asswipe to post here ever again.

phew...
that felt good.
now then...

LordDragona
10-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Wait. You're my superior?
I could copy a code off of a basic platformer tutorial and make a game a lot better than this.

Learn proper english as well. You might be able to code better than some people, but ****ing 2nd graders still beat you in grammar.

zymn
10-07-2008, 08:13 AM

i'm a ****ing genius at grammar.
i always won spelling bees, dipshit.

i told you not to post here.
leave.

yes, i'm your superior.

now go have bleed out your pussy.

LordDragona
10-07-2008, 08:24 AM
If you're such a genius at grammar, then why are all of your 'I's lower case?
That's one of the first things you learn; spelling isn't grammar, it should all be common sense after the 5th grade.

You are aware that you have to be at least 13 years old to join this forum, aren't you?

zymn
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
then why r u here?

and i don't like capitalizing on the net. its not needed. and it takes up time.

Raffi
10-07-2008, 10:56 AM

It takes too much time and effort to press one key while holding another? Do you only have ONE ****ING HAND?!

And the game you mentioned, Braid. That has a story... The story is saving a princess. AND HERE YOU'RE GUIDING SOME BLOCK WITH FLOATING HANDS AROUND SOME CRAPPILY DRAWN "LEVELS".

There's no death screen. The levels are drawn badly, the water effect ****ing sucked, and the game was one of the most uninteresting games I've ever played. Try another kind of game and use your own code.

Wtf
10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Why the hell are you picking on him?

The game wasn't that bad. At least he tried. The graphics need improvement yes, but the basic idea is there.

its not like he's going to ****ing sell the game or anything. Stop bashing the poor fella'.

Raffi
10-07-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm not picking on him. I'm just saying, he doesn't work hard enough. Yes, it was a bit harsh [what I said] but at least I explained what he should do.

Sort of.

Also, he's bragging about his game being the best ever when it in fact isn't.

Wtf
10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
It isn't.
Best of truths.

But I was more talking to Demi..
ouch

Raffi
10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh well, It's over and done wi-

But I was more talking to Demi..
Oh.

Wtf
10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
<.<

No, but really now.
Support the guy with some bad AND nice comments.
"Hey that really sucked. Good try tough."
That would be better than
"Sucks. Just stop attempting. You suck."

zymn
10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
haha.
wait.
thats demi?!

YOU'RE THE GUY THAT WAS TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT YOU'RE A GIRL ON MSN!!!
god...

anyways, thank u canvas...
i never said it was the best. i was just saying some fan made a thread saying it was brilliant. which i find creepy.

LordDragona
10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
And you and 2D believed me. lol, I had a display pic of myself for like, 3 months and I did that for 2 hours, you guys are faggots.

edit: Wow, I just read about what you said about capitalization on the internet. You're a fag for that to. It takes like, 0.001 seconds to hit shift and then a specified alphabetical key. Please take English 2 over again.

Sunder Forge
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
If u cant wait like 3seconds for a platform to move back to you, you have issues.

It was fun, very addicting(to me =P)

No, I think "you" are the one with issues, you can't even spend half a second on typing the actualy word "you"

Sucks. Just stop attempting. You suck.

Douchebag

listen u ****ed up bitches. this game doesn't need a story. look at Braid for gods sake. it doesn't even have a ****in preloader or story. you just have to save a princess. and its one of the best xbox live games! so, listen u little dweeb dragona. i really don't like you. apples was supposed to do the art, but he never did for some reason. what the hell happened to him?

Why would you even trust him? he's pissed at you because your character seems like a blatant ripoff of his character.

and listen, pirate helped me code shit. just not enough. now, once u get your facts straight, stop insulting your superiors.

If you're impyling "you" are his superior, you're a dumbass, you're the furthest thing from a superior on this site.

and, no need for a third one? people WANTED a third one. they told me what they wanted to see in it. i put it in there. i made it FOR the people, asshole.

and, oh, LOOK AT THIS SHIT. A FAN LOVES IT SO DAMN MUCH:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2022087/this-game-is-brilliant/page/1

OK?!

now, i don't want u little asswipe to post here ever again.

You have no control over that.

i'm a ****ing genius at grammar.

i always won spelling bees, dipshit.

No, you're not a genius, spelling beas mean nothing unless thay are national, and it doesn't ****ing matter, you could be lieing, and it doesn't change the fact you suck at gramm"er" and spelling

i told you not to post here.

leave.

Once again, not your call

yes, i'm your superior.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAAH

Dude, go suck a cows dick you self centered prick

now go have bleed out your pussy.

Wow, such amazing grammer

then why r u here?

and i don't like capitalizing on the net. its not needed. and it takes up time.

Fail.

Wtf
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
lol

"Dude, go suck a cows dick you self centered prick"

Cows have dicks now?

Sunder Forge
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
lol

"Dude, go suck a cows dick you self centered prick"

Cows have dicks now?
How else would they piss?
I don't think they piss out of their utters.

LordDragona
10-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Sunder Forge for the win.
lol.

<3

Wtf
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Sorry. I was thinknig cows meaning "vacas" in my language. that are females.
"Vacas" males are called "Bois".

Tune in tomorrow to know the meaning of the word:
"Foda-se"

Cicada
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Guys Zymns pathetic enough already don't get him started he'll make himself sadder in the end

Omega
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Uh, work on the art portion of the game. After that, try expanding on variety other than typical moving platforms and springs.

This seems like a Blockie ripoff though.

Paco
10-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Uh, work on the art portion of the game. After that, try expanding on variety other than typical moving platforms and springs.

This seems like a Blockie ripoff though.
ok ignoring this game completely, although the comment was constructive the last part fails.
Anyone who ever says someone copied blockie or whatever is a dumb ass, what exactly was there to copy? So i'm not defending zymn or his game but dont call it a ripoff of a already unoriginal and very basic idea, thats just lame.

Guys Zymns pathetic enough already don't get him started he'll make himself sadder in the end
oh and why working on my 9th grade bug project shit i was like whoa! your name is a kind of bug?
coincidence?

Scarecrow
10-08-2008, 01:19 AM
superiors

**** you, you aren't anyone's superior and if you were you aren't any more just because of that post.

Also, a 'fan' is different to an 'enthusiastic friend/buddy'. Learn the difference.

Additionally, your grammer is godawful and is probably one of the biggest reasons nobody here respects you.

As for the game, it's amazingly unoriginal. You're saying the pirate helped you script it, which I am ready to assume and bet money means you coded the movement, and maybe the jumping and physics (more then likely by copy-pasting from a website), and the pirate did the rest. Which means you did next to nothing, because the graphical aspect of the game was boring and simple, to the point of I-could-have-done-this-in-ten-minutes.

Level design was decent, but the levels that I played were far too short.

Raffi
10-08-2008, 01:29 AM
zymn got owned by grubber, lol.

Mantha
10-08-2008, 06:03 AM
No, he didn't.

You guys better ****ing behave next time so I won't have to go on a banning spree. You're all pathetic. Except for Canvas, Jawz and such who also found positive stuff about the game and knew that flaming him back won't help.

I'm disappointed.

Scarecrow
10-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Holy shitdicks that's a lot of bans. And this time I SAW IT ALL HAPPEN

and it was r8 funny

I love you manthur <3

madness8791
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Holy shitdicks that's a lot of bans. And this time I SAW IT ALL HAPPEN

and it was r8 funny

I love you manthur <3

I remember when I joined I put my title as "Banned"

It was stupid.

Omega
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
ok ignoring this game completely, although the comment was constructive the last part fails.
Anyone who ever says someone copied blockie or whatever is a dumb ass, what exactly was there to copy? So i'm not defending zymn or his game but dont call it a ripoff of a already unoriginal and very basic idea, thats just lame.

Fine, I dislike the game and I think the idea is very unoriginal.

Funny how you actually understand what I meant by the word 'ripoff' yet you still took the time to say that it is 'lame.'

Vincent
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Graphics:6/10
They were, uhm, meh. Sorry but they weren't very great except for the one that Applez made.

Music:7/10
7/10 only because that was the only thing you herd in the entire game.

Game play:7/10
It was ok, bit short. My only complain was the ice level which was way to FKEN HARD >=O. And the volcano level's platforms could have been bigger lol xD.

Overal Score. 6.8

Raffi
10-09-2008, 01:28 AM
I'd expect this to be in the trash can now.

:/

zymn
10-09-2008, 06:26 PM
wow.
i'm gone for two days and all this happens?

heh.
cool.

dawG
10-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Maybe the maps weren't pretty, but i acutally like the game.
Good job imo.

Only one thing, remove those hands :P

- I kinda feel sad for you, cause the other guys are flamming you :\

zymn
10-10-2008, 10:14 AM
hmm, thanks man.

MoDz
10-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Sucks. Just stop attempting. You suck. Get better at graphics first, or at least make friends so someone would offer to do the graphics for you.

The ice level was pathetic. All you did was increase the speed, which doesn't make for an ice effect, it makes for a ****ed up piece of shit game.

We have a saying here in sweden :

**** off and die.

zymn
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
wait.
why is mod banned?

Apples
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
apples was supposed to do the art, but he never did for some reason. what the hell happened to him?

I was on vacation...
And when I got back from vacation, I started working on clip.
Though, I did do art for the first level, though, I never finished making the art for that level...