PDA

View Full Version : The New Stickpage!?!?!

Pages : [1] 2

CRAZY JAY
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
A new stickpage Will be here very soon!

We have a new coder named Sawyer and stickpage is going to be insane!

Massive changes all for the better!

Here is the Plan guys:

we are going to move scrap stickpageportal.com and move it to something like stickpage.com/portal or portal.stickpage.com for example. (you wont lose your current accounts)

Lose the Art portal.

The Flash portal will actually work.

Forum Log in will be seamless with the Portal.

Portal submissions will be featured, and top of the week will automatically appear on the front page of stickpage.com.

Tutororials section.

Improved forums.

Improved User Pages.

New Faster Better servers for faster loading pages.

Complete re-design with a ton of goodies and fun stuff to do.

Better reviews, Better more fair Scoring and Trophies that will all work for once!

If you have any constructive idea's that you would like to see for the new stickpage please let us know.

Between Zulu Sawyer and myself we will try our best to make keep this community alive and make it the best experience possible.

edit* Current Forum posts will not be lost.

Fr0zEnPh0eNiX
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Cool.

I didn't think I'd ever see you post again. o.O

Omega
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting.

Good luck with it; I'll certainly appreciate it when it is finished.

Vervanda
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
For The H0rde

Motencu
Will the forums be wipe out; have a new start?

Joose
Sounds cool, can't wait to see what it looks like.

StrunG
Wow sounds good. Are you guys redesigning the forums too? I kind of like the skin we already have.

MiniMan
Oh there will be blood...

madness8791
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Sounds great .

Ssjbryando
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Alliance yo.

Sounds gooood. I'm happy the loggin in thing is being fixed, as well as the portal. The portal is such a great adding, but a shame of how it became.

Nice

Dudeman
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Awesome.

I've known for a while that you guys have been up to something and I hope all the effort pays off. Best of luck and Godspeed.

aceofspades
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Dude I read it and there were no replies.
I hit refresh and suddenly everyone has replied.
Lmao Can't wait for the new Stickpage though.

Sunder Forge
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Portal submissions will be featured, and top of the week will automatically appear on the front page of stickpage.com.

That's awsome .

Kitsune
10-23-2008, 07:17 PM
It is awesome, Gwubz. Inspires me to put shit in the portal.

I cannot wait.

Or I can, but hey, it looks awesome.

Ash
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Sounds cool!

I can't wait to see it.

CRAZY JAY
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
This is the fastest Ive ever seen people post, I guess we really Need to do this right! All the more motivation.

Vervanda
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
requesting audio portal

CRAZY JAY
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
requesting audio portal

I don't know about a portal, because you really can't top newgrounds audio portal. However I think it might be a good idea to have a section that is nicely laid out for audio related links/ downloadable audio for animations in the tutorial section.

Vervanda
10-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't know about a portal, because you really can't top newgrounds audio portal. However I think it might be a good idea to have a section that is nicely laid out for audio related links/ downloadable audio for animations in the tutorial section.

Yeah, that would be better, since it would also motivate more people to make audio, and its a lot better than showing it in main/music all the time.

Ash
This is the fastest Ive ever seen people post

???

Well, I guess it's no suprise since you probably don't see the kinds of threads that cause hysteria on a forum-wide ba-OH WAIT!

Motencu
If you have any constructive idea's that you would like to see for the new stickpage please let us know.
You can active in the forums. :)

You can also make tournaments to make the animation section more active!

‹berschall
10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know about a portal, because you really can't top newgrounds audio portal.

You can. I don't upload my stuff to newgrounds because it realeases all of the uploads into an open-source state in which every member of newgrounds can use it without permission in their animations.
Which I totally hate.

Dragon⁰⁷⁷
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
This sounds awesome. Nice work.

LN3uq
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah

If I get flash again, I might actually have some incentive to post stuff on the portal

STUFF
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Haha, when I read the thread title, I didn't expect it to be a serious thread. Can't wait for the new stuff, good luck on it guys.

Vervanda
10-23-2008, 08:18 PM
so everyone go on irc to celebrate

Kitsune
10-23-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't know about a portal, because you really can't top newgrounds audio portal.
NG Audio portal is an awful one compared to their flash portal. Submissions get 20 votes tops each, which we can top already...

Either way, we don't have to compete with NG audio because they have one. ;o

Audio Portal for stick fights!? it would be great foundation for kids who want to get started for serious.

Real
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Lose the Art portal.

YESSSSS FINALLY

MadHatter
10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea, yo.

Index
10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
**** YEAH, WE GET TO KEEP OUR POST COUNTSs

‹berschall
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Hm, I'd find it much more funny if this would cause the forums to be totally reset.

Vervanda
10-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope it does.

Index
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I hope it does.

Why ?

billster-knight
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
wow!!! you mean if we dont browse on stickpage we dont get logged out automatically?? coz i hate that =[

Exile
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Interesting. It's been a while since we got any new features.

Narcotic Jew
10-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Finally `

Bonk
10-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Yay.

I like the current skin though, don't change that too radically.

I might actually use the flash portal now!

Miccool
10-24-2008, 12:07 AM
About time! The current stickpage is so unorganized and has pages from like 2 versions ago. o_O

Can't wait to see this.

Myself
10-24-2008, 12:25 AM
This better not turn out shit.

As I recall it the portal was made to sound like the promised land.

Scarecrow
10-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Awesome.

I'll still have my post count, right? Technically I've already lost about 2,000 to the last forum move.

Gray
10-24-2008, 01:48 AM
can i hav a pivot portal??????

Rabstar
10-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah!
But can there be a pivot and eztoons portal too?

alive
10-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Cool, good luck on working on this guys.
I sure hope I don't lose my post count.

Bonk
10-24-2008, 04:08 AM
Oh noes alive.

Jousteh
10-24-2008, 04:15 AM
New SPP? Hurray. Omg, can't wait. :3

52xM
10-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Whieee, sounds awesome.
Maybe we'll finally get rid of the "test thread for tic tic copy" threads.

Upps
10-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Can we have a tape dsiplay that shows new threads and updates ?

Deathwish
10-24-2008, 04:54 AM
This seems a very, very awesome.
May inspire me to start animating again.

Hopefully this will go well and quickly, god speed.

LakE
10-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Can we have a tape dsiplay that shows new threads and updates ?

We've already had that.
I look forward to the new site. It'd be a blast if the forums were reset.

Rabstar
10-24-2008, 04:58 AM
Can't wait till this is finished!!!! *excited*!

Mantha
10-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Hopefully Art forum will remain though. I've really grown to like it.

All the best of luck to you guys. Sounds really exciting.

DeeCee101
10-24-2008, 07:24 AM
ah kewl a new stick page... will the skins be changed cause the skins now r pretty awesome

‹berschall
10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm gonna ****ing lose it over the next guy who goes "om yay i dont lose my postcount its so valuble i lost 2000 posts to the last foum move omg".

Steyene
10-24-2008, 08:32 AM
**** I hope I don't lose my post count. Although I didn't lose much last time around.

MoD
10-24-2008, 08:35 AM
You best be trollin', Jay.

Lixu
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Does dollars come along with this Jay boy? :D

ZuLu
10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
This better not turn out shit.

As I recall it the portal was made to sound like the promised land.
First of all the idea of the portal is still a great concept. However we just ran into too many issues with the code. This time around we have learned from our mistakes and will correct them. Secondly we are spending a lot of time testing this and will not release a buggy version again.

Hopefully Art forum will remain though. I've really grown to like it.

All the best of luck to you guys. Sounds really exciting.
We'll try to keep the art forum. Just the art portal is being destroyed into oblivion.

ah kewl a new stick page... will the skins be changed cause the skins now r pretty awesome
The main base skin for the forums won't change. We may make improvements to the skin header (top navigation image) and footer (bottom).

Does dollars come along with this Jay boy? :DNope!

Note: This is your chance here and now to give your ideas for the site and actually have them implemented. Speak now cause I don't want to listen to the "They shoulda done it dis way's".

Lixu
10-24-2008, 11:18 AM
So, ZuLu, you are saying, anything reaching frontpage is no money related. Only competitions are?

Mantha
10-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Are you going to keep the ban system as it is? Because I think it's cool like that.

Also, cheers for not deleting the Art forum.

MoD
10-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Yo' Z-man, Roleplay section or something, keep all the RPGfaggots out of main so good threads can strive.

Also, an easier way to multi-quote people

And yeah :

More lines in your signature, up it to 7 or something.

ZuLu
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
So, ZuLu, you are saying, anything reaching frontpage is no money related. Only competitions are?
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

Are you going to keep the ban system as it is? Because I think it's cool like that.

Also, cheers for not deleting the Art forum.
Yes! I think the most important issue on a lot of your minds is how are the forums going to be effected by this? The answer is not a lot. This is a update to the main site and how everything is displayed. On top of that we are adding some cool new features. However regarding the forums, not a lot will change.

Yo' Z-man, Roleplay section or something, keep all the RPGfaggots out of main so good threads can strive.

Also, an easier way to multi-quote people

And yeah :

More lines in your signature, up it to 7 or something.

No to the roleplay section...
What is currently wrong with multi-quoting? How is it difficult and what do you propose we can do to make it better?
Negative to more lines in siggys. Siggys are bad enough as it is now let alone adding more crap to posts.

MoD
10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Maybe try a black skin, man. You know, something seriously sleek?

Scorpioxxx
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
There's already an easy way to multi-quote people. How do you make it easier? And the RPG threads will die down, like manias did.
Also consider having the portal more of an uploader with the ability to comment on work, since, to be fair the portal wasn't that great from the uploading/practicality side.

Mantha
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes! I think the most important issue on a lot of your minds is how are the forums going to be effected by this? The answer is not a lot. This is a update to the main site and how everything is displayed. On top of that we are adding some cool new features. However regarding the forums, not a lot will change.
Awesome. Thank you.

MoD
10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Well, maybe make it easier to find and locate.

Hell, re-upgrade the whole ADVANCED reply thing.

ZuLu
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
consider having the portal more of an uploader with the ability to comment on work, since, to be fair the portal wasn't that great from the uploading/practicality side.
Well ya, the portal will be a uploader with the ability to comment on work. Technically all comments get posted to the forum. So I don't now of an easier way to display that? Are you suggesting that we make a better commenting system then vB forums? Cause that might be a little tough.

Deathwish
10-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey ZuLu, there's some forum mods the mod team suggested in the cave that would make our jobs a hell of a lot easier if you could take a look at them?

Scorpioxxx
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Well ya, the portal will be a uploader with the ability to comment on work. Technically all comments get posted to the forum. So I don't now of an easier way to display that? Are you suggesting that we make a better commenting system then vB forums? Cause that might be a little tough.

I was meaning strip some of the usless functions out and try to have it more as a simple, user-friendly uploader and less of a showcase style thing like newgrounds has. The comments on vB works fine as far as I've noticed and is probably cleaner than having a comment system on the portal. I was just getting at the fact that the portal was/is like a newgrounds copy that is just a pain in the ass to use.

ZuLu
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey ZuLu, there's some forum mods the mod team suggested in the cave that would make our jobs a hell of a lot easier if you could take a look at them?
Yes, I am in the middle of research on them. That's something that I can do separate from this update though.

Ahtex!
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Awesome! Any dates for release confirmed?
And how about an enhanced profile page which combines your forum + portal profile and you can add stuff to it like on myspace (html)?

MoD
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
And how about an enhanced profile page which combines your forum + portal profile and you can add stuff to it like on myspace (html)?
No! I want nothing like Myspace at ALL on this forum. I am wholeheartedly against having anything or anything like myspace whatsoever.

Fuckstick
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I figure doing something like that would create a mess.

Lixu
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM

I'd use Myspace for that and not stickpage. Even though there is an update doesn't mean we have to forget this is an ANIMATION site, and not a ****ing PimpYourProfileAndGetAsMuchFriendsYouDontKnowAsPos sible site.

Sunder Forge
10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
I just remembered a suggestion I made one year ago, but it was never made.

A way to report a post without having to actually look at it? In a spam attack, the only actually way to report them is to click report, while you can see the image, you can't report them while they're blocked, as nothing shows up, so you're powerless unless you actually unblock them and report them, while staring into the pulled apart ass of some old guy.

Chunky
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
As long as you keep the same colour scheme and format i'm fine.

Deathwish
10-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I just remembered a suggestion I made one year ago, but it was never made.

A way to report a post without having to actually look at it? In a spam attack, the only actually way to report them is to click report, while you can see the image, you can't report them while they're blocked, as nothing shows up, so you're powerless unless you actually unblock them and report them, while staring into the pulled apart ass of some old guy.

we're hopefully getting something to stop all spam attacks as soon as they start, one touch and the user is banned and all his posts are deleted.

Not ideal as you still have to look but stops mods from having to look at them about a 100 times to delete them all.

ZuLu
10-24-2008, 03:01 PM
No dates on release yet. It's still gonna be awhile but at least you know were working on it. Enhanced profile page, well it's already enhanced. No to myspace, that's not our goal...

Note: I deleted some posts because this thread got off topic.

MiniMan
10-24-2008, 06:18 PM
No dates on release yet. It's still gonna be awhile but at least you know were working on it. Enhanced profile page, well it's already enhanced. No to myspace, that's not our goal...

Note: I deleted some posts because this thread got off topic.Tee-hee I'm quoting Zulu!

And "No to myspace"? I haven't been watching the thread but someone recommended a Myspace profile kind of thing? What a stupid idea.

LakE
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
It'll be a shame to lose the art portal since I enjoy browsing through it sometimes. However, atleast there won't be people uploading stick figures holding a gun in a bloody room thinking it's absolutely brilliant.

Edit:
Also, to make it easier to link to YouTube vidoes. I'm aware it's possible to use KrTiln4YTyU
So the end part of the youtube link after the " v= " could just be put in that way. It's not much of a massive difference, but it'd be a nice little addition.

iJeax
10-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Sounds exciting.

Tronika
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Cool i can wait!!!

3D art section!

Art section lose Oo why?

Wtf
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I like everything...
But the Art Portal?
:<

Scarecrow
10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Maybe try a black skin, man. You know, something seriously sleek?

**** yes this

How about enabling the option to choose a skin for youself?

Bonk
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
**** no, every site that had a black skin made me want to leave straight away

Racist skin choice is the way to go.

Scarecrow
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
How about enabling the option to choose a skin for yourself?

Vincent
10-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice, are there going to be rules on stuff like (You're Only aloud to post 2 animations a day, so that the portal isn't full of crap.)?

And I agree with everyone else on keeping the forums somewhat the same as it is.

Can't wait.

MoD
10-25-2008, 03:53 AM
**** no, every site that had a black skin made me want to leave straight away

Racist skin choice is the way to go.
I was talking a black skin that actually appealed, unlike some of those shitster forums with black skins that I know about.

Saha
10-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Make it slightly darker? Not black though.

Drifts
10-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Can't wait Bring on the new STICKY PAGEY!!!!

LakE
10-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Being able to delete things from the portal would be cool, aswell.

softbox
10-25-2008, 06:37 AM
im yust wating cool idea jay!!! :Smile:

Motencu
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I wonder how long it would take.

Wtf
10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Being able to delete things from the portal would be cool, aswell.
Voting system yo

It deletes automaticly all the shitloads.
It would be great if we could have power voting so noobs can't vot very high while voting on a crappy animation

Rabstar
10-25-2008, 12:48 PM
That is a mean way of putting it..
But true!

Saha
10-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I want the pivot section to be gone.

All that agrees say aye.

MiniMan
10-25-2008, 01:33 PM
AYE.

And aye again.

Rather Cheesy
10-25-2008, 01:55 PM
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE
AYE

Sounds cool, I've been hoping the portal would take a more newgroundsish look (not exactly like it, but closer to how NG is set up.).

I hope we get a blam feature :D

Joose
10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
YAY, RC! Where've you been?

Request
10-25-2008, 07:39 PM
AYE.

We need a blam feature.

All in favor of an audio portal say "im gay".

Upps
10-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Aye .
It's just making the place look like a noob hole.

billster-knight
10-25-2008, 07:51 PM
100th reply. lol

wait... 101?? nuuu!!!

Saha
10-25-2008, 10:00 PM
We can't have an audio portal. Theres hardly any musicians on spp.

Mr.Pancake
10-25-2008, 10:06 PM

same as for 3d section since there aren't much people who do it.

Saha
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Pivot really doesn't have a big part in SPP..

Apart from the beginning stage of moving to flash.

Can't pivot have a point? I mean.. already its just an all dots program.
I know stickpage is for flash. But I want pivot to have a goal.

Maybe like the flash portal. The best pivotter gets his pivot on the front page?

Index
10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
How about an auto ban for multiple accounts?

MiniMan
10-25-2008, 11:31 PM
How about an auto ban for multiple accounts?There is already something for that but it's ot insta-ban. ANd I don't think that's a good idea, some people create multiple accounts just for a laugh, or because some ban went awry or various othre reasons. Multiple accounts should only be banned if the person does it to cause trouble which is what we already have in place.

Vervanda
10-25-2008, 11:58 PM

but if we did it would inspire more people to.

Wartooth
10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Cool, now I'll finally be able to tell the noobs that I remember the old SPP...

Index
10-26-2008, 12:29 AM

what are you talking about

MiniMan
10-26-2008, 12:44 AM
He's saying this SPP will be the old SPP once the new SPP comes into play.

Doesn't work like that.

Index
10-26-2008, 12:45 AM
oh I get it now

EDIT: Do we get to keep our join dates?

Joose
10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes, the forums won't get plastic surgery, they'll just get some makeup.

Rather Cheesy
10-26-2008, 01:00 AM
YAY, RC! Where've you been?
Read my sig, I've been busy like no body's business with school and actually having a life. If you didn't know before, I used to be home schooled untill this semester, meaning I used to have tons of free time. But now that I actually go to school, let alone at college level, I rarely have time to post anymore, but I do lurk from time to time and I post when I have the time. I'm not leaving SPP at all, you just wontsee me as often as you used to ^_^

I don't think it works that way, we're just getting a face-lift and a portal upgrade. I don't think its not as drastic a change as the SP to SPP transition was.

Joose
10-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah, school is a pain in the ass, especially public schools. Damn Compton. >_>

Raffi
10-26-2008, 01:06 AM
:o Why didn't I notice this before?

How about a gold system? You get to buy shit with gold.

The again, probably not a good idea *coughhackerscough*

Bonk
10-26-2008, 01:24 AM
No, Raffeh, we don't want all those tacky extras those terrible user-made forums have.

sss
10-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Awesome .

Rather Cheesy
10-26-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree, a gold system would only get noobs upset and obsessed with it and they'd get really pissy I imagine. But I wouldn't mind an official ranking system of sorts for animators based on the average score of their movies (movies should have to get a certain amount of votes before they count towards their average though, so noobs don't vote 100 and only have one vote getting them a Flash God rank). But it'd have to be done right, or not at all, cause a bad ranking system can just totally f things up. The ranking system would have to be directed in the favor of the good aniamtors, cause it'll definitely encourage new animators, that our current portal is full of, to raise to the skill level of the forums and/or higher. (I'm not saying that everyone in the portal is worse than everyone in the forums, just judging by average skill level of both sides.)

I'd definitely like to see the portal and forum communities come together, though I'm tired of the portal and the forum being two different worlds...

MiniMan
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM
A rep system could give motivation for people to post construcitvly or post new and interesting stuff. Hentaipalm has it so it gives motivation to post great stuff.

Scorpioxxx
10-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice example. A rep system would work till people started voting people they disliked down for nothing, apart from this, I'd say get one.

Zsdery
10-26-2008, 02:19 PM
shweet dat iz hella kew

when is it going to come out

Rather Cheesy
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice example. A rep system would work till people started voting people they disliked down for nothing, apart from this, I'd say get one.

thats why you base it off of an average of how many people have given rep to the person giving rep and how much rep you have in particular. Since thisis probably confusing heres some examples
lets say rep is based from 1-10 lets also say animator124 has 1 rep, and 1000 people have given him rep, whether its good or bad rep, 1 rep is his average. And now lets say OJ shows up and he has 10 rep, and again, 1000 people have given OJ rep, whether good or bad, 10 is OJ's average. Now animator124 gives OJ a bad rep, OJ's rep barely goes down, not even by a .1 of a point But if OJ, who has alot of rep from alot of people, votes animator124 down, then his rep goes down alot, or if he vote him up, he goes up alot (1 point should be the most anyone can vote someone up/down).

Now if animator124 had 10 rep and only 1 person having given him rep, he still wouldn't have much of an influence because he doesn't have many people giving him a score of 10. so its based off the amount of people who hav given you scores, and what the average of those scores is.

Scorpioxxx
10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
thats why you base it off of an average of how many people have given rep to the person giving rep and how much rep you have in particular. Since thisis probably confusing heres some examples
lets say rep is based from 1-10 lets also say animator124 has 1 rep, and 1000 people have given him rep, whether its good or bad rep, 1 rep is his average. And now lets say OJ shows up and he has 10 rep, and again, 1000 people have given OJ rep, whether good or bad, 10 is OJ's average. Now animator124 gives OJ a bad rep, OJ's rep barely goes down, not even by a .1 of a point But if OJ, who has alot of rep from alot of people, votes animator124 down, then his rep goes down alot, or if he vote him up, he goes up alot (1 point should be the most anyone can vote someone up/down).

Now if animator124 had 10 rep and only 1 person having given him rep, he still wouldn't have much of an influence because he doesn't have many people giving him a score of 10. so its based off the amount of people who hav given you scores, and what the average of those scores is.

So basicly instead of every good/bad adding/taking away 1 point the rating is an average of a 1-10 rating system, like the one on the portal that uses percentages instead.

Rather Cheesy
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
So basicly instead of every good/bad adding/taking away 1 point the rating is an average of a 1-10 rating system, like the one on the portal that uses percentages instead.

Well it doesn't have to have a cap at 10, Its just easier to explain that how many people give you rep and what rep they gave you affects how much rep you can give out with a 1-10 rating system.

STUFF
10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Uh, what's with the suggestions? I doubt anything will actually be considered by Crazy Jay.

Bonk
10-27-2008, 02:49 AM
We don't need a rep system or any of that nonsense, because it will just give another reason to be elitist.

Mantha
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Uh, what's with the suggestions? I doubt anything will actually be considered by Crazy Jay.
Zulu said some pages ago that suggestions can be posted.

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Rep system would screw up this even more.

We can still see noobs saying.

"u hav 58 postz u stfu nao!!!1"

So even if it was a good person and had like 2 rep points, it would be bashed and frighted to come back here

Mantha
10-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure rep system will remain dead as it should be, for several reasons.

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure rep system will remain dead as it should be, for several reasons.

And that is that.

Chunky
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I like the idea of the top portal submissions getting the frontpage, its defintly going to get it used alot more.

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
*cough*newgrounds*cough*

-Hawk-
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
*cough*newgrounds*cough*

So what ? I've always dreamed of StickPage materialized into NewGrounds... he he, StickGrounds. Now that is fun.

Chunky
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Newpage ?

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
STICKnottottallynewgroundsPAGE

Rabstar
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
lol

Awsome name, Canvas, Epic.

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Aww, than you Rabsta-

<.<

i c wut u di thar...

Rabstar
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
huhuhuh?

I dont get it (what a surprise?)

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Anyway, I suggest STICKPAGE to be renamed NEWPAGE

Rather Cheesy
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Will the front page actually be updated every week? Cause ours was supposed to to but it doesn't change pretty much ever :P

Wtf
10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
It will take a bit more effort from the admins, but srsly, what have they done recently, beside awesome Dudeman that changes all our names.

Covalence
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
awesome .

zawmbee
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
":0"
That is all.

Saha
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
How about a playlist on spp?

MoD
10-31-2008, 07:02 AM
We have a new coder named Sawyer and stickpage is going to be insane!

http://www.losthatch.com/images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS1E19_Sawyer_Glasses.jp g

I think I found the bugger.

Rabstar
10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
How about a playlist on spp?

Yeh, that would be awsome!

(by playlist, u do mean, songs?)

Chimaera
10-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Haha, this is pretty awesome.

Kinda deja-vu too.

Rishi
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
what about addind events as well :-/
e.g

x mas
ghostmas(helloween<wrong spelling maybe>)
snt.patrick's day
deepavali
hari raya
chinesee new year<wrong again>
thanks giving day
.................................................. ........
and mire<not again!>

TheSaw
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I think I found the bugger.

Oh no; I'm busted!

Kero
11-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Does all this include a forum upgrade when it's finished?

Rather Cheesy
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Improved forums.

Does that answer your question?

Gyohdon
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
How about the 15 character rule?

Chunky
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I like the 15 character rule, the place wouldnt be the same without it.

Rabstar
11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
plz get rid of it. I hate it soo mcuh :(

‹berschall
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM

That's because you like spamming a lot.
I think it should definately stay. I don't want a ton of "lol" posts by these Rabstar guys.

Rather Cheesy
11-06-2008, 03:26 PM
If you actually stick around and have meaningful posts you sort of learn how to bypass the 15 char rule easily. And the 15 char rule helps keep the noobs from spamming and semi-forces them to at least give a review on animations in order to comment on them at all.

Keep it, its not harming nothing.

Joose
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
RC made a grammar error? wat.

Chimaera
11-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Getting rid of the 15 character rule is a silly idea.

So is Rep.

What about a Pivot Portal?

EDIT// Having thought about my suggestion of a Pivot Portal, I've decided to seriously try and argue for one, check out Poll section.

Would be nice if an Admin could drop a comment on whether or not this is open for debate.

retro 221
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
i cant wait until it comes out

Vincent
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
(to lazy to look back if someone said this)

What about that 20 posts before you can post a link rule? It doesn't effect me in the slightest now but when someone that has like 10 posts put's a link to an animation. The link is all broken, it's just a matter of convience but I think it should be removed.

Chimaera
11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
That rule stops spammers and bots posting shock images and ads.

And it's real easy to cheat too...

Shanto
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
no 15 lol

Kero
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Does that answer your question?
What I meant to say was, "is SPP finally getting rid of this here outdated vB v.3.6.4.?"
Sorry for not being specific, but a lot of other places have already converted to various versions of vB v.3.7, and here should be no different soon enough.

Deathwish
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
What I meant to say was, "is SPP finally getting rid of this here outdated vB v.3.6.4.?"
Sorry for not being specific, but a lot of other places have already converted to various versions of vB v.3.7, and here should be no different soon enough.

That's what they meant :Oh No!:

2-D
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
>Improved forums.
awww fuck. that doesn't sound good.

Scarecrow
11-10-2008, 04:25 AM
(to lazy to look back if someone said this)

What about that 20 posts before you can post a link rule? It doesn't effect me in the slightest now but when someone that has like 10 posts put's a link to an animation. The link is all broken, it's just a matter of convience but I think it should be removed.

Imo five posts before you can post a link should be enough.

That's enough to prevent bots (and, for a little longer, spammers) from posting links, and still little enough so that new members don't start spamming to get enough posts to be able to submit a link.

Paco
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
rawr this is new info lol.

.Busted
11-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh no; I'm busted!
Lol .

Saha
11-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Let it be more updated, organized and have a contest on the front page.

Like an announcement on the front page.

LongArm
11-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Huzzzah ! I'll be nicer if the forum will be well-organized.

Narcotic Jew
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
so when is this happening yo

ZuLu
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
No time line but development is coming along great...

iJeax
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Awesome, can't wait ZuSexLu

Ahtex!
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh My God, I Am Actually Excited, For The First Time...
Ever!

Enigma
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Badass, and about damn time too. Maybe a screenshot would be in order?

FoShizzle
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
i'm gonna have an orgy when this happens!

SidewaysBox
11-14-2008, 12:11 AM
^ Weird Fetish

Shanto
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not really all that excited to be honest.

Please don't banish me under high treason!

Socks
11-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not really all that excited to be honest.

Please don't banish me under high treason!
This.

The only thing I saw that made me raise an eyebrow is the "user pages". It's an interesting idea, and I hope it turns out great, not that I have any doubts....

shadowxiao
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Sounds good, can't wait to see it up and running!

ZuLu
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Ya development is running along smoothly. I guess my biggest question to you the community is, what feature on other websites across the net do you like the most? What features of what websites do you find yourself using or checking out most frequently?

Vincent
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
My most used/liked feature would have to be either the user pages and the favorites button. Not sure if that helps but yeah I can't really think of anything else really besides the way you upload flash's and the size limit. But those aren't really features :o.

Deathwish
11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Ya development is running along smoothly. I guess my biggest question to you the community is, what feature on other websites across the net do you like the most? What features of what websites do you find yourself using or checking out most frequently?

Well boobs are generally what draws me to a site, maybe we could make use of that?

Steyene
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Please upgrade the avatar size limit from 19.5kb. 50-100 would be all we need.

Jeremy
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Honestly, it would be a huge benefit.

ZuLu
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Again I state, the improvements/re-development of Stickpage has nothing to do with the forums. It is the homepage that were talking about here people. Not the forums....

-Hawk-
11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Just one question. I am not sure if it's been asked before... What will be the future rewards of getting on SP home page? You said the portal winners will be getting on home page. Will they get anything for that? Will there still be the old fashion "getting on front page and being paid for that"?

MoD
11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Well boobs are generally what draws me to a site, maybe we could make use of that?
Titpage .

Your a tit!

ZuLu
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Just one question. I am not sure if it's been asked before... What will be the future rewards of getting on SP home page? You said the portal winners will be getting on home page. Will they get anything for that? Will there still be the old fashion "getting on front page and being paid for that"?

The future reward is the same as it is now. The respect and admiration of your peers. Not before, not now, not ever have we paid money to people for getting there animation or game on the frontpage. However, the opportunity to have Stickpage.com advertising in a game or animation is worth cash value.

dawG
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah that would be nice!

MiniMan
11-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Ya development is running along smoothly. I guess my biggest question to you the community is, what feature on other websites across the net do you like the most? What features of what websites do you find yourself using or checking out most frequently?FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS
FACEPUNCH RATINGS

That is all.

iJeax
11-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I know, we should have the funnies, informatives, all those type of ratings.

MiniMan
11-22-2008, 11:50 AM
tru.dat

But they changed theirs so you can only get certain ratings in certain sections since before people were being rated Mapping King for posting a news article. :/

That may be harder to make but whateva.

Also, have the icon of wahtever rating you have the most next to your avatar.

And, use the smileys of Facepunch, they are so much better and awesom-er. Here is a list on how to use them on Facepunch, just make a thread, use all the smileys, preview it, save them and voila.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/TheDoombringer22/emotesdu9rc4.png

Kero
11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
...maybe just some of the FP smileys. I still can't figure out why we don't use normal smileys to begin with.

MiniMan
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
The two we must have are :v: and :q:

‹berschall
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
And :goatse:

>_>

Kero
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
The two we must have are :v: and :q:
I'll take :foxnews: for a cheap laugh.

MiniMan
11-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Also

:fap:
:freeman:

Kero
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Add :jihad:, :clint:, and :hellnaw: also.

MiniMan
11-23-2008, 03:54 PM
How about just everything else?

Motencu
11-23-2008, 03:55 PM
:quagmire: will be used alot since poeple talk about sex alot.

Kero
11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
How about just everything else?
Because I'm a picky shopper. C=}

MiniMan
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Why be picky when you can have it all?

-Hawk-
11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
The future reward is the same as it is now. The respect and admiration of your peers. Not before, not now, not ever have we paid money to people for getting there animation or game on the frontpage. However, the opportunity to have Stickpage.com advertising in a game or animation is worth cash value.

Well that's exactly what I meant about "getting on front page", having your animation posted on StickPage.com (containing all the necessary advertising elements) and spreading it all over the internet (containing advertising as well) and getting paid for that. Am I right that's how things go at the moment or wrong again? >_>

ZuLu
11-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Well that's exactly what I meant about "getting on front page", having your animation posted on StickPage.com (containing all the necessary advertising elements) and spreading it all over the internet (containing advertising as well) and getting paid for that. Am I right that's how things go at the moment or wrong again? >_>

Ok then yes that is how things go but I need to reiterate that not all animations/games on the frontpage contain SP sponsorship so just because a game or animation is on the frontpage it does not mean the author is receiving money.

P.S. On a side note, Two pages back I said again that the changes are to do with the frontpage and not the forums yet right after that comment there was a full page of people discussing smileys for the forums. Led by none other then MiniMan. Define stupidity...

Wtf
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
"Define stupidity..."
I hear minimanz!

Chunky
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
why am i alwalys to late to see miniman do something extremly stupid?

Bonk
11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
So is the portal staying?

I say improve it or dump it.

Rabstar
11-27-2008, 12:55 AM
so, how long left? around abouts?

Cade
11-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Looking forward to the the new stickpageportal.

stickshorts
11-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Sounds cool...but I would keep the art portal. (please!!!!)

ZuLu
11-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Sounds cool...but I would keep the art portal. (please!!!!)

No more art portal. Were lighting a match!

Drifts
11-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Ok then yes that is how things go but I need to reiterate that not all animations/games on the frontpage contain SP sponsorship so just because a game or animation is on the frontpage it does not mean the author is receiving money.

P.S. On a side note, Two pages back I said again that the changes are to do with the frontpage and not the forums yet right after that comment there was a full page of people discussing smileys for the forums. Led by none other then MiniMan. Define stupidity...

Not linking this to money, but how is it possible for us to obtain a spot on the front page,

Secondly, how come you pay animators money for their animations? Is it because they deserve it?

Socks
11-28-2008, 10:08 AM
If you think about it, when you go to the forums from the front page, you go straight to the portal, so technically if they are fixing the portal that would be frontpage-type exposure.

Zulu = Awesomeness

Kero
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
So is the portal staying?

I say improve it or dump it.
I actually second this. Focus a pinch more on the forums instead. >_<

Sorry for being a stubborn puss, but srsly. Focus a pinch more on the forums instead. <_<

We really could use a better smiley set. >_>

Wartooth
11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Could we get a little note on the bottom of each thread which tells us who else is currently viewing that thread. I've seen this in other forums, and it is kind of fun to look and see who is viewing your thread.

Vincent
12-01-2008, 01:17 PM
We could use a better portal, I sat in front of the submit screen for about an hour and when it got to 99% it froze...

Could we get a little note on the bottom of each thread which tells us who else is currently viewing that thread.

This :'....

We really could use a better smiley set. >_>

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PPPLLEEAASSssssse... x.x....

Mantha
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
You guys will never be comfortable with any sets ...

Lixu
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Atleast our smiley set is unique!

Wartooth
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Could we get a little note on the bottom of each thread which tells us who else is currently viewing that thread. I've seen this in other forums, and it is kind of fun to look and see who is viewing your thread.

This .

Dudeman
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
This .There's already a "Who's online" button that shows what member is looking at what. Which is pretty close to that suggestion already.

And btw, Zulu just said that the animations will go to frontpage without any long approval and copyright process. Long story short: you get a front page spot without having to talk to CJ, put a logo in your movie and get paid.

It's an "open door" front page setup.

Jeremy
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
He has said the he isn't doing anything to the forums like 4 times now...

Wartooth
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
There's already a "Who's online" button that shows what member is looking at what. Which is pretty close to that suggestion already.

And btw, Zulu just said that the animations will go to frontpage without any long approval and copyright process. Long story short: you get a front page spot without having to talk to CJ, put a logo in your movie and get paid.

It's an "open door" front page setup.

I'd code all of it myself(probably XML for that anyways) if you guys won't do it. I think that feature would be pretty cool. And I think a while ago, we had a little scrowling text thing at the top which showed you the last thread posted in, could we get that back?

Saline
12-14-2008, 02:17 AM
The New Stickpage!?!?! BLASPHEMY, may the heavens descend upon you for this heresy.

Covalence
12-14-2008, 03:14 AM
I'd code all of it myself(probably XML for that anyways) if you guys won't do it. I think that feature would be pretty cool. And I think a while ago, we had a little scrowling text thing at the top which showed you the last thread posted in, could we get that back?
check people's profile, you can see what they're doing
it's pointless adding a feature that we basically already have

also, the scrolling thing at the top was a bit annoying, due to the fact that i click on a thread i find interesting, and it ends up being deleted

by interesting, i meant bad spam attacks

Vervanda
12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
anyone know when this thread will apply to stickpage?

STUFF
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
How is this thing doing anyway?

STUFF
12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
OKAY HOW IS THIS THING DOING ANYWAY?

updates pl0x

fayt liengod
12-26-2008, 01:23 AM
sounds good there will be a new look rite?

Cory
12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds Awesome, I can't wait!

Lixu
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds Awesome, I can't wait!
>_> your a tad too late there with getting the news aren't you, mate?

LakE
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
So, he wasn't here when it was first announced and he finds it awesome. What's the problem with that?

Wtf
12-31-2008, 06:32 PM
When are we getting updates anyway?

Lixu
01-01-2009, 06:17 AM
So, he wasn't here when it was first announced and he finds it awesome. What's the problem with that?
I can't remember I said it was a problem. Just after all these weeks someone pops up and says: Amazing idea (example)

LakE
01-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Others have posted in this thread late and none of them were picked out and told they were late into it.

Cory
01-01-2009, 08:20 PM
well I kinda haven't been here in almost 3 months so its news to me and yes I do find it quite awesome and are indeed impatient as to waiting for its arrival.

Lixu
01-02-2009, 02:33 AM
Others have posted in this thread late and none of them were picked out and told they were late into it.
Yet again, I never said it was a problem or something.

LakE
01-02-2009, 07:56 AM
So, you brought it up for no apparent reason what so ever? It must have seemed a problem for you to bring it up, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

Lixu
01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
So, you brought it up for no apparent reason what so ever? It must have seemed a problem for you to bring it up, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.
I just found it funny that someone after 6 months tells us he finds it an amazing idea, now stop caring about this already.

MoD
01-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Both of you, stop!

Okay, continue.

zawmbee
01-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Haha, this is better than eastenders.

LakE
01-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I just found it funny that someone after 6 months tells us he finds it an amazing idea, now stop caring about this already.
Yeah, you did seem like you were laughing about it.

Yeah, let's pull off that line that makes me look totally the bigger man, telling the other person to stop going on about it. I won't ignore it to show, I too, don't care about it. Oh, no. I'll continue.

Lixu
01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah, you did seem like you were laughing about it.

Yeah, let's pull off that line that makes me look totally the bigger man, telling the other person to stop going on about it. I won't ignore it to show, I too, don't care about it. Oh, no. I'll continue.
When I stop replying to you you'll stop anyways don't you? Or you must double post and then triple post or whatever :-)

Sacred
01-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Uh just wondering, is very soon from October, like, almost here from now?

Raffi
01-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I bet they'll announce it in 2010.

ZuLu
01-08-2009, 11:19 AM
The site is coming along. I cannot give a release date but I can say it will be within the next couple months...

Vincent
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Huzzah hoooookerz in santaaha suuuites allllllllll arouwwnd!1

Sacred
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
The site is coming along. I cannot give a release date but I can say it will be within the next couple months...

Well I see that as close enough.

MoD
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I dare you to make it coincide with the release date of Diablo 3.

billster-knight
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
this thread is made long time ago, now where's the new stickpage?