PDA

View Full Version : Another Fullbody Kick...

raidforce
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/uploads/286715FBkick.gif
im pretty proud of this one. :) I watched my brother doing some kicks and decided I would animate one of them. I learned the preperation steps to a good kick from it, as you can see. Also, I am going to clean this up later, as well.

the darkest white
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Hmm the way it traveled to the front of the screen looked a little weird. :S

M3D
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
No it didn't
And if it did then tell him how and what he can do to make it not look ''weird''
nub

That looked totally realistic.
clean that up dude, great job.

Your the only reason i come to this damn section.
Love your easytoon anims =D

raidforce
10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
wow, thanks M3D! The other reason you should is to see if Ogrilla posted his joint animation. :P

cherrybombs8
10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
it was extremely well done, bro. good job. theres just one miff that i think was unintentional. in the beginning, he seems to step and wobble a tad. the back foot and leg looks like it kicks back just a little. make that back foot, leg and the first step more forceful, and it may look even better.

also, the forcefulness in the front legs chamber (the tie kwon do meaning for the windup) needs to have more anticipation before its extends. this will show quickness in the kick. quickness= more power. power= the amount of kicking force shown by the debris flying off the wall.

great job. i can't find anything else thats amiss.

raidforce
10-26-2008, 07:44 PM
thanks, cherry, for the critique. as for the first thing you critiqued, his left leg was basically getting momentum for his hopping closer to the wall. For the second, I am having trouble showing power in that. :( there is a massive difference between the frame before and after the kick, yet it appears normal nonetheless.

cherrybombs8
10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
try bringing the knee in closer. the further his foot is from the wall, the more speed buildup there is when he releases and extends the leg.

think about this. if you stand still facing a thin plaster wall thats about 3 feet away from you, will you break through the wall by just kicking out from your stance? or will you break through the wall if you wind up and use momentum?

im sure you know the answer lol. its the second one. so try and use that example and incorporate it with my explanation in the first paragraph.

cpk86
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
very very nice looking. i see how the kick needs more power. try to take cherry's advice and work on that. otherwise...it's amazing!

GotPepsi
10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
raidforce: I really like your animation, but i think the kick also needs more power, It seems like the moment of impact went buy to fast. Also in the book "The Animator's survival kit" by Richard Williams, shows how to show weight. What it looks like pushing a button, and pressing a button.

Im not sure if this will help, sorry the pics are bad lol
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpham18nm/Pic.gif