PDA

View Full Version : My first animation

snoerkl
03-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Hey everybody, I think this is my first post in show off...
I did some tutorials and now this is my first animation =)
Please don't flame this much, i'm a beginner ;):

h t t p://img223.imageshack.us / img223/2517/firstanimationne5.swf

Pretty short though

i hope i'll get many replies,
snoerkl =)

ps: you have to remove some spaces at the link, i cannot post any links before 20 posts^^

Aycaramba
03-09-2008, 05:40 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2517/firstanimationne5.swf

snoerkl
03-09-2008, 05:46 AM
thank you =)

i just wonder why it is so big, it's like 200% of the normal size =(

.Aklemo.
03-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Its pretty good for a first [which I Doubt]. Keep practising movements. Physics were a bit off in the last 2 kicks, the blood is good. Practise drawing your sticks, They looked a bit weird. They also resized. It was a little choppy too. But good job.

javarush214
03-09-2008, 06:43 AM
this is good for a first animation dude. i dont believe this is you first YOU LIAR! joke.

well for you "FIRST ANIM" it was good, it lack force, a little easing, and it was wobbly. goodluck

snoerkl
03-09-2008, 07:40 AM
well it was really my first but i draw the whole day little stickmen (or other figures) who are fighting and doing bloody massacres + i got a graphic tablet^^. Ah well yeah and I'm doing some graphic for games so you have to draw "frame by frame" pictures for that too ;) .
Well AND I did the tutorials lol... helping a lot.

Only problem is that I dunno how I can draw good sticks with brush =(
line sucks with graphic tablet, but brush is so damn hard to do (each brushstroke is another one than before). If somebody has some tip for me I would be very glad...

Edit:
Ah yeah and I try to do something that looks like the sticks from tentionmaru (i love this comicstyle^^, i don't want to copy him!), but I haven't figured out how i can draw the sticks so that they look better lol

Edit2:
Sry for all these questions; should I use one layer for each enemy/player ?

.Aklemo.
03-09-2008, 08:26 AM
well it was really my first but i draw the whole day little stickmen (or other figures) who are fighting and doing bloody massacres + i got a graphic tablet^^. Ah well yeah and I'm doing some graphic for games so you have to draw "frame by frame" pictures for that too ;) .
Well AND I did the tutorials lol... helping a lot.

Only problem is that I dunno how I can draw good sticks with brush =(
line sucks with graphic tablet, but brush is so damn hard to do (each brushstroke is another one than before). If somebody has some tip for me I would be very glad...

Edit:
Ah yeah and I try to do something that looks like the sticks from tentionmaru (i love this comicstyle^^, i don't want to copy him!), but I haven't figured out how i can draw the sticks so that they look better lol

Edit2:
Sry for all these questions; should I use one layer for each enemy/player ?

You don't need to, But you can if you want.

snoerkl
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
well i got bored again so I made a new animation. The usage of the spear looks a bit weird, I know, but i think the sticks didn't resize and it was smoother, just comment ;)

h t t p://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spearthrowinglu9.swf

ah yeah, again, cannot post urls yet lol =)

snoerkl

Flashorama
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spearthrowinglu9.swf

mraznbuddy
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
your animations are pretty smooth. just add some anticipation and fix up the wobblyness and ur fine.

and there was intense blood in the first one even though the hit didn't seem so hard. lol
keep it up

snoerkl
03-10-2008, 03:39 AM
well, i will edit this post soon cause i am doing another animation ;)
But I have a question: is there some "negative" effect?
Like when you hit the screen gets from white to black and all sticks change to their negative? I am doing this with a black rectangle atm but I think there is another way though...

hopefully somebody understands what I am talking about^^,

snoerkl

Edit: Ok, pretty proud to present you this one, it's new :D --- but "incomplete" (means, no real ending)
Well I use swfup.com now cause it doesn't resize my animation =)
http: //www.swfup.com/file/151242

...not 20 posts yet ;)

Aycaramba
03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.swfup.com/file/151242

Srsly, you are already med beg.
Your animations are smooth.
You are going to be a good animator.
your animations are a bit slow, and needs physics.
what FPS rate do you use?

snoerkl
03-10-2008, 10:43 AM
atm i use 18 cause more are so many frames to do^^. Could you please tell where the physics are off, so I can improve at these points?

snoerkl

ah yeah, and do you know how to flash the screen at hits (in negative), if it's an effect?

Tolin
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
You know movieclips, right?

If you don't, make a rectangle > Right Click > Convert to symbol > Name it something. Lower on your screen, you'll find the properties, filters ect. Go to properties, find the "Blend" box, change it from normal to INVERT.
Then you're done.

Animations looked good for a beginner. Just keep it up!

And please, don't type "snoerkl" after your posts, it looks so... noobish. :]

snoerkl
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
^_^ ok, will stop this, bad mannerism lol...

thanks for your help, will do this on the animations now ;)
Edit2:
Whoops, I am so stupid..^^ opened the parameters tab a 100 times, don't getting that it's the properties tab^^
Well, maybe I'll find the mistake...

should I continue the last animation I posted?

TATER_NUTZZ
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
the only problem i had with your last one was that the flip looked a little bit akward other than that it was good. for the one with the guy throwing the spear, when some one throws something the object should go the same speed as the hand that throws it. and i couldn't view the first one but over all it was good:Cool:

P.S. yes you should continue the last animation IMO

ck2100
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I like it, it's smooth. I like smooth. ;)

snoerkl
03-11-2008, 02:11 AM
thx for all these comments =)

@TATER_NUZZ:
Yeah I know it looked a bit weird, the power was set on the wrong point (if you get what I mean^^) - thanks for c&c

roker
03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
hey...
wht type of grphx tablet u have?
and is it pressure sensetive and support tilt if so there are some tools in flash that are added in just for tablet that make it kick the crap outta ur mouse...
look under the size and shape things for brush and there is a pressure sensetive and a tilt button...
best damnd tools ever! makes it easyer than drawing with a pencil.
and as for ur phisics... remember every action has a positive or negative reaction... for the flip in ur last one the guy looks weird because there is no justification for him to freeze in the air for a sec...
anyways hav fun

-ROkER

snoerkl
03-11-2008, 05:28 AM
well i got a wacom bamboo fun large (it is pressure sensitive =) ), name sounds stupid but it's very great tablet! In ca. 1 hour I will host the continue (still not finished!) of the last animation :)
I tried to use the pressure thingy, but my lines get pretty small then and should I use both of the options or just one? Well and can you change the cursor when you set the tilt thingy? it looks a bit weird + it's so large lol^^

thx anyway =)

EDIT:

I pretty proudly present (a aliteration, nice ^^) the update of the battle (still not finished). Now I've added a sword... well it seems like it wasn't lot of work, but it was!

http://www.swfup.com/file/152336
hehe, I can do links myself now^^

aznfire1
03-11-2008, 07:40 AM
hey how did you do the blood?
oh and the animation was nice smoother then mine for sure

snoerkl
03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
well if you mean the blood that sticks at the background:
I create a layer (behind all other actions). Then I zoom in for 400 percent, take the 2nd smallest brush and draw the basics of the blood (with splatters!). Then I take the smallest brush and do some more splatters^^. well that was it lol. Not that hard, just imagine how blood would be and you know how to draw blood^_^...

will post a bluring test in few min., please C&C all animations + which looks better, with or without blurring =).

Edit: OK, finished the bluring, please comment which is better =):
Without bluring: http://www.swfup.com/file/152336
With bluring: http://www.swfup.com/file/152337

Aycaramba
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I think you should make longer legs.
And when they jump, make them prepare for the jump, like bending their knees.
I believe that Miccool made a tutorial for that.

snoerkl
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
well I can't find any frame in my animation in that one of them jumps ^_^
I will try to make longer legs, thank you =). You didn't answer wheter with or without blur looks better :'(

aznfire1
03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
the blur makes it look like he is punching hard so it depends if u want to make it a hard punch or just a quick jab if u want a quick jab dont do the blur but really its up to you

ck2100
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I like it, but in some parts it lags.
Blood is nice though.
I don't know about the legs being longer, but maby more smooth.
PS: I like the sword.

Aycaramba
03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
well I can't find any frame in my animation in that one of them jumps ^_^
I will try to make longer legs, thank you =). You didn't answer wheter with or without blur looks better :'(

http://www.swfup.com/file/152336

When he jumps on that stick.
In this case, he needs to bend his arms.

snoerkl
03-12-2008, 09:07 AM
ah yeah, now I got it, thanks =). I'd posted an update of my animation (I am adding a "bossfight"^^), but I have some problems with it...
1. should I animate one guy first and then the other or should I animate them both at the same time
2. should I use (much) anticipation at fights 1 on 1, because if I do so combos look unrealistic and need so much time (3-4 frames for a hit are too much...)?

snoerkl
03-13-2008, 12:50 PM
sorry for bump, but I got an update + nobody answers to my questions^^

Well, this update seems not this long but it took me very long time (I redrawed it like 3 times because it is pretty hard to synchronize a fight).
Please don't go harsh on me, took me long time and it wasn't easy to animate =). Well as you can see, it is still not finished xD cause green has to attack now hehe. I didn't change the old parts cause I want to show that there is something changing in the animations (hopefully at the start not so good and it gets better and better^^).

Well here is it :D:
http://www.swfup.com/file/154514

ck2100
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Sweet, I like that!

snoerkl
03-14-2008, 09:19 AM
thank you =), anymore comments?

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok the anims were good
OFFTOPIC: if you want me to ill make you a sig with yer name in it!
And ill tell you how to put it in sig.

Index
03-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey, really nice blood. It's smooth, too.

adioboy08
03-14-2008, 10:36 PM
thats good for a first i like the blood. but the running could have been better