PDA

View Full Version : [Lixu] Oh teh noes! They wont stop coming!

Lixu
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=511642

RawGreen
11-01-2008, 11:19 AM
this is allot smoother drawn than the last one I saw you made. I think you should make the last part when launching the beam faster. Like instead of moving sorta smooth like that, it needs to be more eased to add power and force to it.

Raffi
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
When he stepped back from the beam, there was no easing whatsoever. Not bad combo though.

Lixu
11-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Does it really look SO bad without easing? I love this animation.

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I love it too.

Seriously, I prefer it to most of the stuff I make nowadays :/
Although didnt really like the gay "ha" sound effect.

Lixu
11-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh I thought it was sexy ^^ Thank you though!

Arch-Angel
11-01-2008, 02:13 PM
The parts you added were bad.
The effect was terrible =/

Lixu
11-01-2008, 02:38 PM
What parts, Damocles?

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I think he means particles.

Lixu
11-01-2008, 02:41 PM
The parts you added were bad.
The effect was terrible =/

Oh and btw how can I do my effects better, you think?

Arch-Angel
11-01-2008, 02:57 PM
add more frames and a slower disipation.

Drifts
11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Very good and vey smooth, looks good compared to you attempteing ssouts style.

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 04:11 PM
To make effects better its also nice to make the effect really unique or exciting. People would prefer to see a beam that actually does something special like incinerate the person or move like a homing missile. Or one where several smaller beams are fired at the same time, and they form a sphere around th eenemy before exploding, that kinda thing. Rather than just hitting them, and the person has just gone, and theres some blood on the floor where they were.

But yeah, you need a decent idea for how to make it cool before just trying anything, really.

Kitsune
11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
That was nice. The beam shot motion with the arms thrusting forward seemed a bit too slow to be having such an impacting end result.

Oh and btw how can I do my effects better, you think?

Here's how I do mine:
Put the effect drawing (particle, fire, line of energy, wutever). Now you have the option to not only put MULTIPLE filters on it, but also tween these filters. Also in the properties you can fix up the alpha, which along with the glow or blur filters, work very well for translucent objects like these beams, the tint which can fix up color, and all those little tools flash gives you to do small things.

If you knew that already then you know enough to do whatever you want, and should have the creativity and logic to use these things as well as possible.

Without filters or properties in movie clips, the Vcam, repetitive work, or just really involved ways around the repetitive work is mostly what I know of in that department.

Good job on this one.

edit:

To make effects better its also nice to make the effect really unique or exciting. People would prefer to see a beam that actually does something special like incinerate the person or move like a homing missile. Or one where several smaller beams are fired at the same time, and they form a sphere around th eenemy before exploding, that kinda thing. Rather than just hitting them, and the person has just gone, and theres some blood on the floor where they were.

To add on to that, and a good way to practice, could be using camera panning in a 3d manner by making the 2d animation act like a 3d one, like he shoots the beam, goes into slowmo, and the camera runs across the path between the firing person and the victim, while still looking at the beam. That, or multiple shots of the beam making it's way can be just as effective.

Bonk
11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
You've improved a lot over all those posts, Lixu.

The only things I didn't like was the DBZ sound effects and the blobbyness at the start.

Lixu
11-02-2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the great critics you all!

megaanims
11-02-2008, 02:31 AM
dbz style-fights rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lixu
11-02-2008, 02:55 AM
dbz style-fights rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I have another fan?

megaanims
11-02-2008, 04:20 AM
yeah right I like your anims but I'm not your fan but teach me anyway I'm gonna get flash next week and I don't know how to use it yet