PDA

View Full Version : not dead yet (mes)

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 12:13 PM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=652077

I did something with stickmen for the first time in about a month.
I dont think Ive lost my ability COMPLETELY.

-Hawk-
11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Too much text, there's one hit when the black guy gets turned around for some reason (he falls on the wrong side). The spin (?) on the last punch looked kind of bad. Other than that, I'm glad you're still around, man! :P

Also, the animation was entertaining and well animated when there was no text. :)

M3D
11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Dind't even know you animated sticks =0

That was all smooth, some of the physics were great.
Not much animating though, there was more text [which i didn't read >_< ]

BluGil
11-01-2008, 12:55 PM
lolthis happened to me. i hadnt animated in months and then when i tried sticks i failed really badly so now i do artisticlyer flash stuff, ill post it soon

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Dind't even know you animated sticks =0

That was all smooth, some of the physics were great.
Not much animating though, there was more text [which i didn't read >_< ]

=O Ive been animating since about December 2006.
Thanks. I used text to cover up my shoddy/rusty skills.

lolthis happened to me. i hadnt animated in months and then when i tried sticks i failed really badly so now i do artisticlyer flash stuff, ill post it soon

So I failed really badly? o_o;

zawmbee
11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, the text threw me off.
But it was the only reason i kept watching.
Hmmm...

Kitsune
11-01-2008, 01:15 PM
You stop motions abruptly and have them not move at all while talking. Other than that, you did welll I guess.

Tolin
11-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I liked it, not much bad to say. Cartoony style and movements, and I liked the teleportation effect.
I can't really find anything wrong.. :]

Tawnik
11-01-2008, 01:23 PM
lol the leg at the end :D it was really funny <3

trakr3
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
no offence, but what in gods name was that? there was way to many talking as if it was a vidio game and they were saying words like "EPIC" way to much. i rly thought this animation was gay from the start.

-Hawk-
11-01-2008, 02:26 PM
No offense, but what in God's name was that? There was way too much talking as if it was a video game and they were saying words like "EPIC" way too much. I really thought this animation was gay from the start.

Better correct your grammar before you tell someone not to use leet, and better bring some reasons before you call an animation gay.

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the text threw me off.
But it was the only reason i kept watching.
Hmmm...

lawl. enigma much? :Ohhhhh: :Ohhhhh: :Ohhhhh: :Ohhhhh: :Ohhhhh:

You stop motions abruptly and have them not move at all while talking. Other than that, you did welll I guess.

I know exactly what you mean, I will try and do better next time and make them come to an absoloute stop before speech. Its jsut (not an excuse) I cant afford to spend so much time on animation nowadays due to dumbass school. <3 BUt when I get back I will make sure to try and improve that along with everything else.

I liked it, not much bad to say. Cartoony style and movements, and I liked the teleportation effect.
I can't really find anything wrong.. :]

<3

lol the leg at the end :D it was really funny <3

<3

no offence, but what in gods name was that? there was way to many talking as if it was a vidio game and they were saying words like "EPIC" way to much. i rly thought this animation was gay from the start.

They said epic once. Every other word was proper english. In fact, so was the word epic. ._.
And anyways, how is that even wrong context.
And yeah you didnt even give me anything useful to work on about the actual "animation" like kitsune or anyone else, which sucks.
Kindly depart.

Drifts
11-01-2008, 03:08 PM
All very funny, i actually didn't mind the text unlike other people.

Strills
11-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Holy shit Messi.

I love it. The effects are amazing yeah.

RawGreen
11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
feel the shale love dude, lol.

quite nice.

Mesmay
11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
All very funny, i actually didn't mind the text unlike other people.

yay.

Holy shit Messi.

I love it. The effects are amazing yeah.

<3

feel the shale love dude, lol.

quite nice.

shale?

explain what that means

Tawnik
11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Haha :D

Kitsune
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I will try and do better next time and make them come to an absoloute stop before speech. Its jsut (not an excuse) I cant afford to spend so much time on animation nowadays due to dumbass school. <3 BUt when I get back I will make sure to try and improve that along with everything else.

Well you know what you're doing, and school isn't helping you as I see, so don't worry about it. It's not like your work is being submitted to this huge contest statewide and on the news.

o_o;

Endo-K
11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Pretty funny. the animation was nice and smooth aswell, hope you get back into stick animation ;D

trakr3
11-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Better correct your grammar before you tell someone not to use leet, and better bring some reasons before you call an animation gay.

yah, see, that is the problem... you love to correct mistakes in gramar yet you love to use a nerds language? it was a statment and you went in there "Ignoring" the actual meaning and being the litle freak you are, correct the mistakes and show them out to every one to see. if i were you, i would just shut up and walk by because i am not intimidated by your tactics of putting ppl down and putting yourself as high as you want.

-Hawk-
11-02-2008, 01:14 AM
1. I didn't say I like leet;
2. I was telling you to correct YOUR grammar before you correct someone else's grammar (telling stuff like "don't use leet");
3. I did not ignore the meaning of your badly written sentence, I also commented on the fact you gave NO REASONS for calling the animation "gay". You didn't review good, you just were a jerk;
4. I am convinced lots of people noticed your mistakes, it wasn't me that "showed them" to everyone, but those people just didn't care;
5. I don't like people that take every argument as a direct attack to their person. "Intimidate" ? I'm not trying to intimidate you, I'm just correcting your behavior, you don't come and call an animation bad without having reasons for it, especially an animation which is good quality. If you are against the majority you need some good reasons to sustain your statement.

People correct you because they want to make you behave better, not because they want to "intimidate" you. Trolls are the people that intimidate. PM me in response, we're kind of posting off-topic.

Also... on-topic : I forgot to say anything about the special effects : Good particles and trails, the power-up was a bit too fast though. Try add some lightning over the black next time, it could make it look better. You could also try color changing to particles, like adding a little burst to them (red to yellow as they go up), that would make the effect look more like a power-up. Just some ideas... :)

Bonk
11-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Lol @ Argument.

Anyway, it looks like you used text and a high framerate to cover up some serious rust. Because what was there wasn't that well animated :/