PDA

View Full Version : wierd mutant guy

matt_the_brat
11-06-2008, 10:32 PM
i tried out some extending arms for weapons, i think its pretty cool, i'll continue more later, C&C

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4136/bungeearmsnw7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

the darkest white
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Kinda reminds me of the manga parasite.

But anyway, C&C time.
When black is lifted into the air both of their feet start moving rather horribly. Try adding more frames so that its easier to understand exactly how black is flailing his feet and seriously the random knee bend that white does just looks wrong.
Basically it starts great but the goes wobbly and jumpy and blah blah blah etc.
Good points however, When white arm was flicking out it looked pretty good, great job when it goes around his neck. The ground effects and particles at the start were very well done considering the brush size.
But on another bad note apart from those, your particles need work. The lines around the arm when it tenses to pull black in don't look right (I really can't say how to make them look better sorry (I.e. I'm stumped))
The blood particles disappear badly too, try to keep the brush the same size for particles. Also they lack easing while the disappear.

-.- I hate myself.

matt_the_brat
11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
wow.... that was a mouthful lol, but thanks for all that, ya i just realized the legs, and etc. thanks

2-D
11-07-2008, 12:33 AM
**** yes that was cool

puinkey
11-07-2008, 01:22 AM
I think the way black is being pulled needs to be corrected :)
it look like as if black is not fighting back and is walking at the mutant guy ;)

and yes ._.
the legs ..........

the darkest white
11-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Is it just me or was my post ridiculously large . . .

zawmbee
11-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Is it just me or was my post ridiculously large . . .
Not at all.

This is the largest comment ever.

Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll probably get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.
/Offtopic.

ace...
11-08-2008, 01:40 PM
pretty good, very smooth.

.:MATT:.
11-14-2008, 10:30 PM
hmm thats a good idea

noobsgorawr
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I liked it! very smooth, great idea! :)

kinto
11-19-2008, 05:45 PM
I think the way black is being pulled needs to be corrected :)
it look like as if black is not fighting back and is walking at the mutant guy ;)

and yes ._.
the legs ..........

That's just retarded. It looks like he's struggling to me, I mean if someone is grabbing your neck holding you up, your going to kick your legs and swing your arms violently. Looked like he did that to me. Only thing I didn't like was the how fast he jerked forward after getting grabbed and then immediately slowed down. Maybe a little more easing?

puinkey
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
That's just retarded. It looks like he's struggling to me, I mean if someone is grabbing your neck holding you up, your going to kick your legs and swing your arms violently. Looked like he did that to me. Only thing I didn't like was the how fast he jerked forward after getting grabbed and then immediately slowed down. Maybe a little more easing?

:\ s'ppose I need to animate to show what I mean ?

dawG
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
When the black stick was in the air, his legs kinda spassed...