PDA

View Full Version : Fluxinator? Doing Flash? Wow...

Automaton
11-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah so I'll still be doing pivot, but I really want to try flash, mostly because it IS superior to pivot. So I thought "hey this is guna be really easy, because I'm quite good at pivot, so it should be a doddle, no problems with easing, physics or stiffness". How wrong I was. Flash is so difficult compared to pivot, mostly because you have to draw it. You know what you want it to be drawn like, it's just getting it drawn like that. And because of that issue, I have terrible resizing, and it's VERY shaky/wobbly, even with the smoothness turned up. Anyway, this is my first of what hopefully will be more to come. CC appreciated, though most of it I guess I already know. So I suppose this is a "hello, I'm using flash" thread. I was going to post in the beginner's thread, but it's closed. So does anyone have any tips for shakyness and resizing as well? By the way, I used a graphics tablet to make this, and it's still worse than most people's that used a mouse.

Anyway, this is the animation:

http://www.swfme.com/view/1236502

Blast3r
11-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Some basic stuff:
Use onion skin
Zoom in to draw sticks
Shakyness/Wobblyness will be gone after some practice.

To awnser some of your questions.

As for the the anim, it was decent, just try working on the points I mentioned and youll become good :]

Automaton
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Some basic stuff:
Use onion skin Of course :)
Zoom in to draw sticks Ah thanks. I suppose I was drawing at quite a distance
Shakyness/Wobblyness will be gone after some practice. Yeah, I guess that's all there is to it: practice.

To awnser some of your questions.

As for the the anim, it was decent, just try working on the points I mentioned and youll become good :] I sure do hope so :S

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I know I suck, but this is just a thread to say hi. I suppose I just need to practice, and practice, and practice. If anyone has any link to what they see as a "GOOD" all round tutorial, it would be much appreciated. I've heard of stonesbucket and others, but I don't know which one would be best.