PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Testing [Dark]

Covalence
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm testing out the pencil tool in Flash, and here's what i got so far.

http://flost.shiftlimits.com/view/H78u5mxd-poP
Not that much, isn't it?

I plan on working on resizing, easing, etc.

I also plan on posting some more animations.

zerzavy
03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks like a dance :p.... and it looks easytoonish but its good for a pencil drawn stuff.

Covalence
03-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I actually like the brush in easytoon compared to flash's brush, because flash's goes all wavy and not straight with the strokes, while easytoon's brush just leaves it alone. Like the pencil tool.

SSOutPhase
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
You sure you used the onion skin tool?

Request
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
It looks disprationate, and no force whatsoever, his arm moves, from high to low.

Covalence
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
I plan on working on resizing, easing, etc.

Yeah, I did. If you want, I can screencap me making an animation with hypercam, just in case.

And o.k, Beatbox, I'll work on those.

SoulEater
03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
You'll need some work on anticipation. Add a few more frames while you're at it. Get on msn please. =3

Covalence
03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Can't I have school tomorrow lolol.

I'll be back on tomorrow with some new animations, so, yeah. Night.

mraznbuddy
03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I actually like the brush in easytoon compared to flash's brush, because flash's goes all wavy and not straight with the strokes, while easytoon's brush just leaves it alone. Like the pencil tool.

you can change the brush's smoothness so it wouldnt do that anymore.
keep on practicing :D

ck2100
03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I always use pincil.

XCell
03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
That's pretty bad, needs more smoothing, frames, and higher fps.
-also work on your physics.

snoerkl
03-13-2008, 02:45 AM
I didn't like it this much either, but you can use the brush like a pencil if you turn down the smoothness to 1 or even 0 =)

@CK:
Well you should use the brush tool for animations^^ - it is the tool below the pencil (looks like a brush, is a brush :D ). Then your animations will get a lot less choppy because brush changes the smoothness of your lines...

Tentionmaru
03-13-2008, 03:02 AM
man, I wouldn't suggest using the pencil tool.

Miccool
03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Too wobbly imo and looks like an uppercut rather than a punch.

Ssjbryando
03-13-2008, 10:12 AM

HAHAHAHA! Finally another who says it. Thats why I don't use brush. But the sticks where looking wobby =\ And I wonder how, if you where using pencil. Cause they mostly go smooth. try smoothing them out. Put it on inkt, in the left right. or straight. Or there was another lol. Cause brush is definitely less smoother looking. Pencil can look good >:C [avatar'] But of course brush you can put it up

Punch needed more force, put less frames in the punch itself.

Shut up tention =P im using pencil! <3!

ck2100
03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I didn't like it this much either, but you can use the brush like a pencil if you turn down the smoothness to 1 or even 0 =)

@CK:
Well you should use the brush tool for animations^^ - it is the tool below the pencil (looks like a brush, is a brush :D ). Then your animations will get a lot less choppy because brush changes the smoothness of your lines...

I know what the brush tool is, I've known flash for a long time.

@Dark: If you use the pencil, which I don't suggest like everyone else, don't use it for the head, it's better if you use the circle tool for the pincil tool.... If that makes sense. :Sweating:

snoerkl
03-13-2008, 12:44 PM
I always use pincil.

well, that's why I mentioned where the brush is, ck :P

But I am a bit confused now, too, cause you say you'd suggest to use brush but in another post you say you'd always use pencil... duh xD

ck2100
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
well, that's why I mentioned where the brush is, ck :P

But I am a bit confused now, too, cause you say you'd suggest to use brush but in another post you say you'd always use pencil... duh xD

I'm trying my own style with the pencil, I know, it sounds dumb, but I'm not doing too bad.

(I'm Probobly Ganna Start Using The Brush....)

FizzlemanJ
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Hmm... isn't that brush? I don't understand how anyone could animate with pencil. I wouldn't recommend you using it.

Oh and ob1, shut the hell up and leave a decent post, douche.

Covalence
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
As I said in my deleted post, I forgot this thread existed, and I'm trying something else at the moment. Oh, and yeah, it's pencil.

Thanks for the comments and crit guys.