PDA

View Full Version : Infection world history ( Holeka and its existence )

MoD
11-16-2008, 07:57 AM
The year is ... Well, nobody really knows for sure, nobody has been keeping count . Here in Holeka, only survival matters.

Its been roughly 120 years since the bomb struck, son. You ready to face this badass sonofabitch world?

History -

The year 2012, disaster struck. A deadly virus strain escaped through a vent from a labatory into populus, what did this virus do? Infect, and move on. The virus originated in Romania, where US scientists had been working hard to find a cure for AIDS, instead, ironically, they created something far worse. Soon the infection spread from a small town to all of Romania, all neighboring countries were evacuated. Soon US and Germany shut down its borders, and England did too, France broke into Civil War and Russia broke into three parts.

The year 2015, Infection was at a minimal, the strain in the air had died, and now only being wounded by an infected risked you infection. Medical care and the proper anti-virus could reverse the effects of the nameless infection, but once you were too far gone, you were too far gone. People started to name such creatures zombies, for some lumbered slow, while some ran fast, most inheritantly human, some twisted by the infection beyond recognition. France's civil war finally let up, and the borders to France were closed, but not before infection struck. Soon almost all of France was infected, the US ordered a nuke strike, but were talked out of it by England, after all, the radiation from such a strike would effect Britain and Germany as well. Russia nuked the two other parts of themselves, and then sealed themselves into underground bunkers, the infection quickly spread into Scandinavia, that year

The year 2020. Infection has wholly consumed all of Europe, England, and many small islands, US has launched operation Disconnect, cutting the small part of land connecting them to South America away, stopping the spread of infection in there from reaching the US. Madagascar broadcasts out a signal wave claiming there is no infection in Madagascar, several people go over in planes, but soon after radio and power, running water and food stockpiles in Madagascar run dry, and they are left to die.

The year 2021, US resigns to their fate, as the infection spreads everywhere but Washington DC, and launches a supernuke into the ocean, claiming that infection will never take US completely. However this forces a massive whirlpool into existence, which in a matter of days crashes the US into Europe, and creating the Bzerk Mountains. Asia becomes overrun.

The year 2025, only a few people are left alive, stockpiling food in a small crater surrounded by the Bzerk mountains, the first city is soon formed, named Deta. It flourishes quickly, as the Zed Lake is nearby, providing fresh water, and the Bzerk mountain providing minerals. A small herd of animals is established and quickly grown, giving food to the people of Delta

The year 2050,
Delta has reached its capacity level, survivors go off to create Omo, a short yet long city which soon becomes a Military training ground as well.
Later in the year a massive underground bunker is found, depicting life and technology, teaching the new humans lots. Crops are grown on the irradiated soil, and new life truly begins.

The year 2080, Trosh and Bluferd ,Delgrad and Ando have been founded, Ando opposite Deta, existing right at the very mudswamps of the Andez ocean. Bluferd and Trosh existing west of Omo, and Delgrad being built deep into the mountain. Many rich people relocate to Delgrad, and it is soon nicknamed the deposit of kings.

The year 2100, Delith and Endek, Kott and Ziz are founded, Endek being a massive port city, between the Zed lake and the Ando ocean, providing transport across the water for all. Kott being near the very top of the Zed lake, soon becoming known as the ' Water city ', due to its massive water purifying efforts, which amazingly work, Delith is located next to Ando. Ziz is built on the very edge of the Ando river, and is a study test ground for the infection, a goverment only city.

The year 2105 - Aristo is built, a massive city, bigger then Delta, many people flock to it, and the cities Zter and Esto are soon built.

The year 2110 - Zter and Esto and raided many times by the infected, forcing Aristo to burn them, and wall them off, Aristo walls itself off as well, the city of Ie begins construction, and a swamp city named Roz establishes itself, near the Andez ocean.

The year 2120 - Lilter begins construction, the infection begins to attack towns, forcing them to border up, or risk men to destroy the infected. Now many walled up places exist in Holeka, trapping thousands of infected inside.

The year 2125 - The present.

Ash
11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
there is no infection in Madagascar

Someone's played Pandemic 2 lol.

It was a decent read, though the names of the cities seemed a bit pretentious. What happened to names like Johnstown and Furtonville? Also, it kinda disolved into a geography lesson at the end, so I lost interest.

MoD
11-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, considering this is just the history of the world of Holeka, there is not going to be much other then geography, I'm working on the actual events important to the people at the moment, however.

Also, considering that America crashed into Europe and smashed a massive crater right in the middle, names aren't going to be American, instead they are more Middle East.

Beefy
12-14-2008, 03:31 AM
dude, that was a good story

Bonk
12-14-2008, 03:49 AM
It was almost plausable until the supernuke that they launched into the ocean (?) created a whirlpool etc

MoD
12-16-2008, 04:42 AM
It was almost plausable until the supernuke that they launched into the ocean (?) created a whirlpool etc
Think 20 nukes smashing into the earth at the same time, directed into the sea, if that doesn't cause a whirlpool, then I dont know what the hell does.

Beefy
12-17-2008, 09:43 AM
well, it might
1. destroy the planet
2. cause a crater so deep, the magma inside the earth will leak out and the earth will freeze up, killing off everything excapt for the decomposers, worms.
3. the whirlpool.
i know nothing about bombs, these are all assumptions.

MoD
12-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, in this case, it caused the whirlpool. Number 3 on your list.

Beefy
12-20-2008, 07:01 AM
oh, all right. sounds a bit strange that trillions of earth's crust could be pulled several thousand miles in a matter of days, but again, these are zombies

MoD
01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Zombies cause strange shit to happen.

Flood
01-02-2009, 08:59 PM
That was pretty ****in crazy.

MoD
01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Why thank you .

LakE
01-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I enjoy reading your work very much, MoD.

MoD
01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Why thank you, LakE.

Sunder Forge
01-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Zed lake.... O.o

Where are the ninjas? may I ask.

Orion
01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I love reading your work MOD. The only issue I have with it is that sometimes it seems poorly thought out on a real world basis, like some of the things youve written seem to make it total fantasy, while other parts of the story are scientific, and it would be better if you could bridge that gap.

MoD
01-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Well, I didn't want to make it too realistic in the long run, as it is still fantasy and should have SOME fantasy elements. Any future stories will not have the gap and will be well connected, I promise.

Beefy
02-15-2009, 04:05 AM
i really like your story, and i dont really give a crap if a nuke was able to drag america across the globe. It was cool.

Justherefortheliterature
02-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I try .