PDA

View Full Version : I might as well post something here.. [Benja]

Benja
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Did this for a school project:
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=112185

Sucks..I know - I could do a lot better, but the fact that I had to do a lot paperwork too, decreased the time I had for making the animation (did it in about two days - at school. You have no ****ing idea how hard it is to concentrate at school!) I tried to make it a bit cinematic, but as I stated above, I'm not quite satisfied with the end result which I know contains lots of issues (I'm a bit rusty too, since I really haven't had much time for flash because of school)
The subject was CO2 and stuff..ignore the text, it's danish.

dawG
11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Well I liked the hole story n' the drawings. But like you said the stick animation wasn't good.
But I kinda liked it overall.

Benja
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah, there wasn't really time for animating it frame by frame..

-Hawk-
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Not much movement of the characters. Rushed? I think you could have done a bit of work on that, it would have certainly looked better.
The art... Now that is more like it. You have a very good artistic concept there. Except the characters which are stick and don't quite fit the artistic image. You could have made them Full Body since you also didn't make them move their limbs.
The emotion... The song makes everything calm at the beginning and tensed further in the animation. It worked very good and it made me pay attention. I'd say good job on this!

Benja
11-17-2008, 01:52 PM
first thanks for the crit, second, as I said in the first post, there wasn't really time..it was rushed yeah...we consisted of a group of three and I was the only one with flash knowledge.
It'd probably work better with fullbody characters yeah, but I guess it works well with sticks too, since they are supposed to be emotionally neutral, it fits the main scene..or something..I don't even know what I'm talking about now.. :X

Clips
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
ok sorry but that was reeaaaallly boring to sit through , mostly because not much actual animation n it was slow n just tweens.
make a stickman walk n i will b happeh
u'll improve

-Hawk-
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM
If you wanted your characters to be emotionally neutral than making them sticks and not making their limbs move at all, also using those fade-outs to alpha 0% were well chosen.

Benja
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
what ?

-Hawk-
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
You don't know what you did? Weird, lol, I meant you did a good job with the characters disappearing instead of opening doors and entering rooms as normal people. And also you did a good job by not making their limbs move at all. All these considering you wanted the characters to be emotionally neutral, as you said yourself.

Benja
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh..I thought it was sarcasm.

But hey..it's not that I didn't animate the character(s) because that I wanted that neutral mood. It could both have been animated AND achieve the mood I wanted.

-Hawk-
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
That's right, the more detail and the more effort the better.

unique
11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Don't worry, they're all just clueless.
And hawk is a shitfag.
Same for nakednut.

Keep making more, kgo.

-Hawk-
11-18-2008, 11:50 AM
since they are supposed to be emotionally neutral

If you wanted your characters to be emotionally neutral than making them sticks and not making their limbs move at all, also using those fade-outs to alpha 0% were well chosen.

The element to which fading out to alpha 0% is applied goes from his initial color to no color, it becomes transparent, basically it disappears.
Transparency = no color = neutral color

zawmbee
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Lol, you animated.

Benja
11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
lol, who are you? name change, much?

Devour
11-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I loved the backgrounds and scenery that you did, just it would be better if you at least had movieclip for the sticks walking.
However, the story and the art and the sounds were amazing.

Zawmbee just knows you from looking at old threads, by the way. It was cool to see you animate.