PDA

View Full Version : Boulder roll

Cizzil
11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
before you say it, yes i know the black ball disappears, but i forgot to add those frames, and i has already exported it so...ya....sorry

http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=685705

katsuo
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
it spun while it wasn't moving or maybe its just me... but ya nice...

supranova
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Not much actual animation there...

The boulder stops sort of abruptly, ease it down and possibly have it roll backwards a bit for more effect.

Request
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
What is the point of this, you keyframed a rock down.

FAIL!

0/10

LakE
11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
It seems to all be at one pace. When the boulder is knocked, it should balance on the edge a little before falling. Then when it falls it should pick up pace. Then, finally it should slow down. To add realism, when it stops, make it rock. It rolls forward a bit, then back, to come to a stop.

Also, on the cliff part of the hill, I don't think it would make contact with all of it, probably just the lower part.

EDIT: I was ninja'd by a minute or two. I need some sleep.

Cizzil
11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
i was mainly focusing on the ball that hits the boulder, and how it bounces back. I was just working on physics and a bg and stuff. Don't get all pissed about it.

It seems to all be at one pace. When the boulder is knocked, it should balance on the edge a little before falling. Then when it falls it should pick up pace. Then, finally it should slow down. To add realism, when it stops, make it rock. It rolls forward a bit, then back, to come to a stop.

Also, on the cliff part of the hill, I don't think it would make contact with all of it, probably just the lower part.

EDIT: I was ninja'd by a minute or two. I need some sleep.

thanks for the crit, the reason it made contact with the whole hill, is because a very light object hit it, making it barely fall over, if it had been a heavier ball, then the boulder would have skipped some of the hill.

NCz
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
In real physics a tiny ball would have never gotten that big hunk of a boulder moving.