PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Preview [Damocles]

Arch-Angel
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.swfme.com/view/1294852
For a while, I've been reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally uninspired to animate at all. I have to work with my tablet on my bed (until christmas ^_^). So everything I've done has looked like shit. So today I went and sat down at the kitchen table with all of my shit and did this. I think it's decent enough to continue.

Hyun
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
The particles were pretty good, but the animation was a little awkward. The landing has no easing what so ever so you should go in there and free-transform him to ease the landing a bit. It's an easy fix.

And it's a little short right now so Im not sure whats really happening, but you should continue and make it longer :D

Arch-Angel
11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
LOL. The landing has easing =]

unique
11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah, Landing has easing.
I just didn't get it.

Bonk
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
The landing had a frame of whole-body easing while the limbs flapped around awkwardly. The back leg seems to change size in the landing too.

The background was alright, but the rocks have a little bit of unoutlined grey here and there.

Keep trying.

Hyun
11-18-2008, 01:29 AM
does it really? o_o I looked at it fbf and I don't see it

maybe im blind or something..

Ssjbryando
11-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Mhm. The background and effect makes this look so much better : P

It looks nice, but the back leg is wobbly. I don't like how when he jumps in the air its normal, then like, BOOM dashed towards the ground with his arms in a strange position [Although when it repeats over and over again, it seems ok] but a bit to much. . Idk, I think the arm spin was unnecessary, making it also look a bit strange.

I like gray,

unique
11-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Agreed, without the BG this animation would probably look horrible.
Unless you can show us a version without it. ^^
Just as simple as deleting the layer(s).

dawG
11-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The BG is really nice, and liked the anim too. Maybe add some more easing.

Arch-Angel
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I need work on my movements. Only thing that was wrong with.
I'm just lazy with easing in flash, don't know why.

Oh, and it looks the same without the background.
Plus, there were no, unoutlined spots on the rocks. I know. You're probably referring to the highlights. I don't like them, but it's something new.

kinto
11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Mhm. The background and effect makes this look so much better : P

It looks nice, but the back leg is wobbly. I don't like how when he jumps in the air its normal, then like, BOOM dashed towards the ground with his arms in a strange position [Although when it repeats over and over again, it seems ok] but a bit to much. . Idk, I think the arm spin was unnecessary, making it also look a bit strange.

I like gray,

Your unnecessary, making this forum also look a bit gay.

Just kidding.

By the way you need to make your animations longer. I like it but continue.

T Man
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
LOL. The landing has easing =]

my friend there is none. it is just, jump landSTOP

Hyun
11-18-2008, 10:22 PM

YEEEES!!! I'm not alone.. >.> *hugs T-man* Oooh gawds.. I was so lonely.

Arch-Angel
11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
There is exactly 2 frames, and 2 double frames. Onion skin proves you wrong =]

I'm not worried about it though. I'm still warming up, haven't animated in a while.

Hyun
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
yeah it's no biggy. Keep at it man. Make a medium-big project :D

T Man
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
There is exactly 2 frames, and 2 double frames. Onion skin proves you wrong =]

I'm not worried about it though. I'm still warming up, haven't animated in a while.

that doesn't prove shit. easing is a good 5-8 frames. dont' say i'm wrong :|

Arch-Angel
11-18-2008, 10:53 PM
No no no no no. Gooood easing is about 5-8 frames, depends on how fast the movement is =/

2 frames isn't enough for the landing, and he only eases out, he doesn't really ease into the jump.

Oh, and it was 3 frames >=3

Bonk
11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Good easing is what looks good. There is no specific number or anything guys.

Arch-Angel
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM
False. Good easing is what looks realistic.
Easing is a branch off of physics. Bad easing, means bad physics.

Chunky
11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
no, your false. Categorising every movment into the same amount of easing frames would not look realistic. Bad easing had nothing to do with bonks statement.

Hyun
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
thanks for the info... >.> You're always right... always... and never wrong... no matter what... we got it... yeesh.

edit: ah... don't wanna start anything so... I think we all know what easing is, and there is no set definition on what exactly easing is. So lets not start correcting each other like we're all smart. All I know is that the landing needs more easing and thats it.

Mesmay
11-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Damocles, you did actually want crit, right?
Because you've argued with everyone whos given critisism.

kinto
11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
no, your false. Categorising every movment into the same amount of easing frames would not look realistic. Bad easing had nothing to do with bonks statement.

Categorising is definitely spelled like that.

YOUR ****ING WRONG

Arch-Angel
11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
thanks for the info... >.> You're always right... always... and never wrong... no matter what... we got it... yeesh.

edit: ah... don't wanna start anything so... I think we all know what easing is, and there is no set definition on what exactly easing is. So lets not start correcting each other like we're all smart. All I know is that the landing needs more easing and thats it.I'm not always right, but I'm ****ing insane when it comes to physics and easing (my animations don't show because of my laziness). There is an exact definition for easing. Look it up.

Damocles, you did actually want crit, right?
Because you've argued with everyone whos given critisism.
I can understand. I'm only arguing against the fact that the landing has easing, whether it's visual in the animation or not. Onion skin proves that wrong.

Categorising is definitely spelled like that.

YOUR ****ING WRONG
Dumb ass. It's spelled categorizing. Get it right next time =]

Edit: I only need work on movements, which was the point of this. I could care less about easing ATM, because I already know what it is, and how much to use for each individual movement. People who assume I'm a nub are scrubs >=3

LakE
11-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Damocles, are you The_Blind_Sarumai or whatever it was when you first joined?
Holy shit, too many name changes around this place.