PDA

View Full Version : Improvement? (mes)

Mesmay
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=735327

Its nothing special- its just a bit of training with combos- i think ive started to stop that ridiculously high easing thing i used to do. Would you agree?

Also I know about the resizing, thanks.

C&C.

fuppy
11-19-2008, 04:35 PM
its wuvvly.
buhwt I dont see much change, from recent anims.

M3D
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Those tails were nice.
Its a bit shaky.
You need to work on the way the legs stand and when they bend their knees.
Try keeping the groin area in the same position also. Looks like his legs are stretching or upper body is stretching.

Smooth nonetheless.

EDIT: [Off topic]
SSJB, When you said, in my thread, that Mesmay is better than me, in your opinion, did you mean animating sticks?

._o

Omega
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
The red figure's kicks were excellent, but the reactions of him were horribly stiff and lacked easing.
The black stickfigure's movements were average overall.

Keep working at it. I think I've seen better from you. It's slightly wobbly, almost as if some movements seem slightly uncertain.

kinto
11-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Last two kicks were incredibly choppy, both on the guy staggering backwards and the kick itself. It really popped out. Just fix that up and you should be fine. The fast kicks at the beginning look a little weird but they should be fine.

Clips
11-19-2008, 10:41 PM
yer i thought the 2 first trailed kicks were a bit weird but r fine, i haven't seen your other animations i dont think so i cant say if you are improving,
the redcould of had better reactions,
dats all bai

Mesmay
11-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Those tails were nice.
Its a bit shaky.
You need to work on the way the legs stand and when they bend their knees.
Try keeping the groin area in the same position also. Looks like his legs are stretching or upper body is stretching.

Smooth nonetheless.

Lmao I know exactly what you mean about the stretching =3
And k, Ill try to imrpove the knees too, do you reckon larger sticks (taller, not bigger) would help me refine it?

SSJB, When you said, in my thread, that Mesmay is better than me, in your opinion, did you mean animating sticks?

Oh, THANKS T_T

its wuvvly.
buhwt I dont see much change, from recent anims.

Really? So it still has the overeasing? ;_;
Thanks for review

The red figure's kicks were excellent, but the reactions of him were horribly stiff and lacked easing.
The black stickfigure's movements were average overall.

Keep working at it. I think I've seen better from you. It's slightly wobbly, almost as if some movements seem slightly uncertain.

If you're talking about the reactions at the end, yeah, I know exactly what you mean and I also know why =3 I changed the way of animating him at that point, because I rushed to post it before sleep. Ill redo it.

Last two kicks were incredibly choppy, both on the guy staggering backwards and the kick itself. It really popped out. Just fix that up and you should be fine. The fast kicks at the beginning look a little weird but they should be fine.

So how do I fix that? o_o

yer i thought the 2 first trailed kicks were a bit weird but r fine, i haven't seen your other animations i dont think so i cant say if you are improving,
the redcould of had better reactions,
dats all bai

ok, like I said before i now know about the red issue, thanks

-Hawk-
11-20-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't see much of an improvement overall... That fast kick combo had ok trails. As you said, there's resizing. Other than that, wobbly. If you watch it frame by frame you can notice near the end the red's guy arms disappear for a bit. I would say it's about as good as your others. As a first thing to do I think you should make the characters taller. The animation was nice and entertaining, keep practicing. :)

Ssjbryando
11-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Those tails were nice.

._o

I wanted to edit, making it not sound cocky and braggy, but the edit button didn't work :c. And yes, I meant at sticks [And I still stand by it]. I havn't seen a lot from you though, I think, you guys are both great. Although I know mesmay can do much better then he shows at times : D

Its nice mesmay, only its stiffish, and wobbly, and it resizes. (the end, the head) Also I don't really like how they stay in one play and do a mega-combo. I would like to see some distance between the two, as one hits and fights you know, with some steps in that.

Also you might wanna add more easing to the red sticks reactions. He stayed still for a while, until the next attack hit. And slight anticipation.

I don't think its an improvement. I think your other was better though, so yea.

<3 Keep practicing, we both will : D and we will both be epic. But don't get me wrong, me liky :3

Tawnik
11-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I think you should redraw the head every frame,now it looks quite off :( You were better..

M3D
11-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I wanted to edit, making it not sound cocky and braggy, but the edit button didn't work :c. And yes, I meant at sticks [And I still stand by it]. I havn't seen a lot from you though, I think, you guys are both great. Although I know mesmay can do much better then he shows at times : D

I haven't seen Mesmay's bests, But from what I see now, the way you said you haven't seen a lot from me, I think I'm better than Mesmay, In sticks.

Although I know he can do better than this.

Mesmay, Im not trying to sound idiotic or anything.
<3

Vincent
11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
That mutha fugga has some insane leg speed. I liked the animation overall.