PDA

View Full Version : How to make Vcam work in an AVI

T Man
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
For school, I need to export an animation in an AVI format. But when ever I do this, the AVI doesn't go with the Vcam code (or how ever you word that) and the AVI only shows the stage.

Does anyone know how to get the Vcam to work within AVI's?

Rather Cheesy
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
The only way I know is to put the avi in a swf then add the vcam there. But then the file would be a swf.

You could probably upload the avi into flash then change the size of the avi and move it around the screen then export that as an avi. So sort of an avi in an avi.

LethalBunneh
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
The Vcam is scripted with actionscript I think. Yeah, so the only way I can think of is what Rather Cheesy said.

Gavel
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Actually, a better way would be to save your finished animation as an FLV file and use some sort of file converter to convert FLV files to AVI files (Google it, there's tons).

Or just save it as an FLV and leave it. If you're thinking of uploading your animation to Youtube or some video site like that, then I'm sure most will take it. If you want to view it on your computer, then download the FLV Player (http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4409&s=612).

Or if you just need this to put it on your iPod or something, then just do what I first said.

Chunky
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Since your in a pickle, scrap the v cam, copy and pasta your frames into a graphic and do your v cam from there. Therefore, there is no coding.

Gavel
03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Since your in a pickle, scrap the v cam, copy and pasta your frames into a graphic and do your v cam from there. Therefore, there is no coding.

AVIs don't support movie clip animations. It will just be a still picture if he does that.

Just do what I said. It's probably th easiest and most affective method.

Chunky
03-13-2008, 04:45 PM
What about Graphics? Or are they the same thing?

Gavel
03-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Graphics probably work because they're not really used for coding like that. But to go through the whole animation, copy all the frames into graphic symbols, and then put them onto the timeline (especially when he already has all the V-cam movements tweened) would be a little more tedious.

Chunky
03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Yea, go Spazzy's way. It's the easiest way.

T Man
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks everyone, i'm currently trying spazz's way. i'll let ya know if i need further assistance.

Edit: FLV.. how do you convert it to that? i have flash 8, does that mean anything?

btw, i'm putting it on a dvd.

Gavel
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I think you need to download the plug-in for Flash 8 that lets you export your videos to FLV files. It's probably somewhere on Google.

T Man
03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
alrighty, i'll look it up. i'll post any progress.

http://www.zamzar.com/

look here, it's pretty nice :D

Gavel
03-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that'll probably work good too. Export it as an SWF and convert it using that.

You might need to convert to a suitable file for the DVD. Try and see if it supports FLV first, though. Or you could just convert the SWF to the suitable file from there.