11-22-2008, 06:20 AM
That was great!

Jousteh
11-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Dang, it looked so awesome. D:

Rabstar
11-22-2008, 06:26 AM
That was awsome, just, needs a higher framerate....way higher. ^^
I think, maybe, the particles shoulda maybe dissolved faster?

Aycaramba
11-22-2008, 06:29 AM

That was awsome, just, needs a higher framerate....way higher. ^^
I think, maybe, the particles shoulda maybe dissolved faster?

It's smoke, smoke doesn't fade away fast. Even this is too fast :/

Btw, the framerate is 25 FPS.

M3D
11-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Explosions have orange and yellow flame hints to it.
That just looked like smoke to me.
And it looks like it was aimed to be an explosion from a distance which would be wrong because that disappears real quick, Like smoke on its own.

Nonetheless, For what I saw, pretending I dunno what you claim it is, It is good and has great particles, nice effect.

Mesmay
11-22-2008, 07:10 AM
I loved it. I reckon its great at that speed, its actually the closest to real smoke that anyones really come to, here. Because real smoke dissipates really slowly.

Nice.

Aycaramba
11-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Explosions have orange and yellow flame hints to it.
That just looked like smoke to me.
And it looks like it was aimed to be an explosion from a distance which would be wrong because that disappears real quick, Like smoke on its own.

Nonetheless, For what I saw, pretending I dunno what you claim it is, It is good and has great particles, nice effect.

I loved it. I reckon its great at that speed, its actually the closest to real smoke that anyones really come to, here. Because real smoke dissipates really slowly.

Nice.

I'll experiment a bit more with it though.

Ssjbryando
11-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Yea its more smoke.

3.5 hours? That's a lot. I mean, it looks good, but it seems kinda.. Easy? Well idk. But it looked like you just erased parts of the explosion as it was dissolving you know. And the smoke fbed a bit, etc.

But nice overll ya.

Aycaramba
11-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Yea its more smoke.

3.5 hours? That's a lot. I mean, it looks good, but it seems kinda.. Easy? Well idk. But it looked like you just erased parts of the explosion as it was dissolving you know. And the smoke fbed a bit, etc.

But nice overll ya.

I know, I thought it would be easy at first, too, but as it turns out, it wasn't.
I fbf'd the whole thing except for one frame.

Saha
11-22-2008, 08:00 AM
It was awesome. Best I've seen.

3 to 5 hours is alot, man.

Arch-Angel
11-22-2008, 10:53 AM
XD
Physics are off for what you were aiming for. Smoke fades out. That looked nothing like smoke when it dissipated.

It was nice, but you're not better than me just yet =D
It makes me want to make some kick ass effects to shut you out XD Inspiring explosion. You should defiantly keep making explosions like this, but change the dissipation a bit and it'll be good.

OH. Another thing is. When something explodes, you get particles and fragments of whatever exploded. So little particles and pieces of shit would fly out of the explosion. If you've seen the Diablo animation, the wall explosion has what I'm talking about.

T Man
11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
when smoke fades out, it becomes more of a bubbly shape, it doesn't hold the same shape.. like the out line of the smoke will change, it doesn't stay the same if that makes any sense.

also

kill the filters

Hyun
11-22-2008, 12:07 PM
DAMN! That was really good but it must be a pain in the ass to animate that... Lets hope none of your animations have more than 1 explosion. o_o That reminds me... I should work on explosions too.

Request
11-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Perfect explosion, up the fps.

Omega
11-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many particles. Particles look good when there's a reasonable amount of them, but this is just too much.
Dissipation wise, the animation is good. It was well done, and I enjoyed how the explosion began. The shape was pleasing.
Realistically, it's not realistic. At all.

Keep working at it. It's good, and must have been quite tedious.

Spitzer
11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
without blur:

http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=275715

im so hax.

much better without the blur man.

oh and 40fps

i hate your quadruple ****ing framing.

Bonk
11-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Needs some fire and shit that disappears semi-fast, and then the slow smoke would look neat for a zoomed out huge explosion.

NinjasRule34
11-24-2008, 09:06 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang son

RawGreen
11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
when smoke fades out, it needs to become more of a bubbly shape, it doesn't hold the same shape.. like the out line of the smoke will change, it doesn't stay the same if that makes any sense.

also

kill the filters

Missing word corrections added in bold.

As soon as I saw the first version without the blur, since it's a movie clip, did you use the bullet time(motion trail) action script?

Aycaramba
11-25-2008, 08:39 AM
As soon as I saw the first version without the blur, since it's a movie clip, did you use the bullet time(motion trail) action script?

Nope.
Also, let this die now.