11-23-2008, 04:48 AM
http://trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=191888

Critics please :-)

jomax
11-23-2008, 04:51 AM
It looks awesome, but a little too slow so i think you should up the fps

Lixu
11-23-2008, 06:09 AM
Alright, honestly I think the speed is fine but thanks though.

M3D
11-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Lixu just up the fps and post it dude.
Have your current fps up and the higher fps up, I wanna see what it looks like.

I reckon it will be better.

Why you change your style again?
Stick to what you had before I don't like this one =/

It lacked easing, paused after some hits, and the basic leg movements looked wrong at some places.
The physics on the grey guy was really off too.

Lixu
11-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Lixu just up the fps and post it dude.
Have your current fps up and the higher fps up, I wanna see what it looks like.

I reckon it will be better.

Why you change your style again?
Stick to what you had before I don't like this one =/

It lacked easing, paused after some hits, and the basic leg movements looked wrong at some places.
The physics on the grey guy was really off too.

This was for a competition entry at SFDT, and I figured using these sticks was better for the idea. Thanks for the critics.

M3D
11-23-2008, 06:24 AM
This was for a competition entry at SFDT, and I figured using these sticks was better for the idea. Thanks for the critics.

Ah okay ^.^

unique
11-23-2008, 07:12 AM
I told him on msn that his FPS was way to low.

Tawnik
11-23-2008, 07:29 AM
It was slow and there wasnt much easing,but your particles were awesome.

Lixu
11-23-2008, 07:55 AM
It was slow and there wasnt much easing,but your particles were awesome.

You think? Thanks man! :-)

Arch-Angel
11-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow you messed my effect up big time =/
Movements were bad, resized a bit on every movement, needs more easing, dFPS is fine, maybe two or three higher.

lol, people trying to copy my godliness.

Lixu
11-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow you messed my effect up big time =/
Movements were bad, resized a bit on every movement, needs more easing, dFPS is fine, maybe two or three higher.

What? I actually got inspired by CBC2 from some guy alpha'd blood... Lol?

Clips
11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
yer lixu too slow, and to me some of the movements looked weird, still good
=D keep animating

RawGreen
11-23-2008, 04:28 PM
AUUUGH!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT I CAN'T SEE IT, <='[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!]

get other site link please :'(

Arch-Angel
11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
What? I actually got inspired by CBC2 from some guy alpha'd blood... Lol?

I can tell that's a lie =/ No way did you just decide to make it black and use the same technique and everything that I did =/ There is no way you were inspired by blood to do that =/

Deathbat.
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah lixu. thats kinda ****ing ovbious.

Lixu
11-24-2008, 09:14 AM
AUUUGH!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT I CAN'T SEE IT, <='[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!]

get other site link please :'(

Destroy your computer, if you can't see trportfolio you have a serious problem.

I can tell that's a lie =/ No way did you just decide to make it black and use the same technique and everything that I did =/ There is no way you were inspired by blood to do that =/

I don't care about what you think, I know how I got to use alpha frames for my explosion, think what you want, not my buseniss.

jomax
11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow you messed MY effect up big time =/

So it's YOUR effect because you used it?

Lixu
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM

LMFAO, QFT

Ssjbryando
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM

Dude, A LOT of people use that technique. I saw Tman use it last night too : \ even though it might look like he ''copied'' it. Which is possible.

Animation is nice. (havn't watched it yet lol)

Lixu
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Then how can you tell if my animation is nice? Or do you mean someone else's?

RawGreen
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
it's okay for a test, but it's just a little bit on the ugly side.

T Man
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM

wow, you're starting to think you're way to ****ing good. dude, shut the **** up, you're shit and alpha'ing explosions is not new.

look at some older stuff before talking.

god damn

RawGreen
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
wow, you're starting to think you're way to ****ing good. dude, shut the **** up, you're shit and alpha'ing explosions is not new.

look at some older stuff before talking.

god damn

hey, T Mans back :D

Arch-Angel
11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Dude, A LOT of people use that technique. I saw Tman use it last night too : \ even though it might look like he ''copied'' it. Which is possible.

LMFAO, QFT

Nay, I was inspired by the come back collab and JCMTLTLDFAA whatever.
When I referred to it as 'my effect' I simply meant that in how it was animated and carried out n' such. Because his carries the same shape, and dicapates in the same manner. Therefor he is copying the effect that I came up with. (Again, not the alpha'd trick). Sorry for misleading you all.

Arch-Angel
11-24-2008, 05:44 PM
OMFG
The way I animated the explosion. Dissapation is going to happen (it should =/) either way. You cannot invent that, it's physics.

Excuse me for animating having to animate in terrible conditions. It doesn't inspire me to actually try with movements or add easing all that much. I don't think I'm that good, I say shit like, "I'm godly," and" I'm too pro," but those are just cocky remarks or sarcasm.

I'm telling you to get out because you misinterpret what I'm saying. I don't know how old you are, or what county you're from, but please learn to speak proper English and use proper grammar. I had to read your post 3 times to understand what you're trying to say.

/norespect? Thanks! I don't want to argue, but it seems that you think you can do and say all of this shit because you can animate stick figures. People earn my respect by who they are, not because they're good at animating =/

Just to make things more clear for your uneducated self:
1- Lixu appeared to be copying my first smoke trail by how he ANIMATED it. Though it cannot be proven.
2- I know that I'm not that good (I actually think most of my shit sucks more than anyone's), but I am a very cocky person. Especially with sarcasm.
3- I never meant to say that I invented using alpha'd movie clips to create an effect like such. That was a misinterpretation.
4- I don't really mean any disrespect towards you =/ It just pisses me off when a good animator comes around and acts like a dick because they think that whatever they say or do is just.

You can animate the way you want to, and I'll animate the way I want to. It's a difference in style, which is what makes animating (amongst other things) unique.

End of discussion. I was wrong with some things that I said earlier in the thread, but you're also wrong. Which I cannot really blame you for, because my mistakes triggered your actions. Sorry for this entire dilemma.
Edit: No need to comment on this - http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=255730 They look a lot alike to me. His is obviously larger, but the structure and dissipation seem to match. The only difference is the amount of particles and easing.

puinkey
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
the boom was awesum :)
the smokes were really well animated :D

bravo lixu , bravo

Lixu
11-25-2008, 01:58 AM
GOD DAMMIT EVERYBODY SHUT THE **** UP

Thanks Puinkey

Mantha
11-25-2008, 02:53 AM
Hmm. Why do only Lixu's threads get flamewar'd?

Eitherway, don't tell them to shut the **** up. Nice job at feeding the flames even more.

Guys, this can be all settled trough PMs and without personal attacks.

Lixu
11-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Hmm. Why do only Lixu's threads get flamewar'd?

Eitherway, don't tell them to shut the **** up. Nice job at feeding the flames even more.

Guys, this can be all settled trough PMs and without personal attacks.

Quote me saying I told you to shut up...

Mantha
11-25-2008, 05:27 AM
GOD DAMMIT EVERYBODY SHUT THE **** UP

Not me, them. That's not exactly a diplomatic approach.