PDA

View Full Version : A Twilight Surface

Kitsune
03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Finally I am done!! (http://antiup.net/view.php?id=16913234520Twilight-Surface.swf)----NO PRELOADER. I am sorry. It is 1.2 mb. Slow computers just put it on low quality and minimize it for a sec. There is a play button screen. This was made for a contest. I could not put in a preloader for multiple reasons

This animation took me way too long. I finished two days ago and could upload today. It was made for a big competition for pennsylvania where crappy animators go to. The award ceremony is tomorrow, and it is neck and neck between me and this one fag who made a starwars recreation.

It is not that amazing, but it was enough for the judges. They said it was "a beautiful piece".

Comments would be nice. :/

Edit: I forgot to mention that this will not be posted onto newgrounds until it is fully completed. I need to make some edits in order to be comfortable with that.

ck2100
03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
It's good, like the water effects.

Rather Cheesy
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Good job, I like it, you should add some reflection to the water as the sun and moon come down and change the backgrounds color as the sun and moon go by for the competition. But the animation it self was very nice. Keep up the good work!

Kitsune
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes I planned to add a glow and shadow on the surface, as well as a glow on the figures. The competition was today though, and if I advance to the next round, I will be adding alot more than just that.

Thank you. More comments would be appreciated, as I have worked hard on this.

You guys are in the credits too!
:3

Mesmay
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Tall ya what.
Ive got a preloader you can use if you want.
Its pretty cool, plus it stick with the theme of the liquids.

http://parallel-portal.**********.com/announcements-f1/new-parallel-preloader-t41.htm

Theres a preview of it too.

Once youve seen this Ill delete this post so people dont follow it instead of your animation if you want.

I liked the animation a lot.
It was also very deep =D

Request
03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I like the particles behind the giant blobs, it looks interesting, the guy was animated wierdly though, no anticipation in his jump.

I wish I could have been in.

Mesmay
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
7posts?
I know you wanted to be in pretty bad, but this is ridiculous...

=D

Kitsune
03-14-2008, 05:06 PM
In what?

I wont report you or anything but please delete the spam you have created.

Thank you for your constructive critisism so far. I will focus much more on the next jump I do.

I am sorry mesmay but I cannot edit it right now. I will just put up a notice.

ck2100
03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
WTF!
4 posts, no, 5 posts!

Mesmay
03-14-2008, 05:12 PM
In what?

I wont report you or anything but please delete the spam you have created.

Thank you for your constructive critisism so far. I will focus much more on the next jump I do.

I am sorry mesmay but I cannot edit it right now. I will just put up a notice.

whats a notice?
I dont get it.
And ok.
Ill delete the link.

Request
03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry about all that spam, my computer sucks ass.

Kitsune
03-14-2008, 05:23 PM
whats a notice?
I dont get it.
And ok.
Ill delete the link.

a message that makes people notice a situation is a notice i believe.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness however!

Sorry about all that spam, my computer sucks ass.

Its all good!

fitzy
03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
mesmay, nice preloader...maybe i'll use it sometime...

kitsune, dude i didnt know you were that good. very well animated imo, looked like you put alot of effort into it, good job

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 09:26 PM
It's good, like the water effects.
OFFTOPIC: holy shit dude! you are the first poster for pretty much EVERY flash thread in here!
ONTOPIC: that was ****in awesome! i absolutely loved it and it worked great with the song.

Kitsune
03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you fitzy and dragonhawk. My animation is already being accused of ideas being stolen from avatar. THE WATER is configuring water. Not a human! It is a different idea in my point of view! It was inspired by a quote. Not a faggot playing with air and water.

Thanks guys!

more comments will be nice. No more about avatar! I got enough of that at the computer fair...

Opted
03-15-2008, 04:16 PM
The surface was a little too bland/stiff so it made the transition from the
stillness to the activity a little weird.

(Especially since you kept the water surface the same through out, and kind of just drew on it.
But it's hard animating water, so it was great for the length.)

Anyways, I liked it and the sharks (?) were awesome. Also good job on winning
that computer fair.

Kitsune
03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
The surface was a little too bland/stiff so it made the transition from the
stillness to the activity a little weird.

(Especially since you kept the water surface the same through out, and kind of just drew on it.
But it's hard animating water, so it was great for the length.)

Anyways, I liked it and the sharks (?) were awesome and good job on winning
that computer fair.

That made alot of sense. I am going to be editing this animation for the next month, and I will do what you said. I was planning to add a shadow at the bottom of the screen to actually show depth in the water. I am going to edit the surface right after that so that it will come down in the waves as well so that problem wont show up for states.

Thank you so much for finding the problems. I wasn't even going to think about the surface top. You helped alot! :3

They were sharks. I intended at the beginning for dolphins and stopped and thought, "That will be pretty fukin gay" So I had the sharks kill the figure. :P