PDA

View Full Version : [Lixu] Fire testing

Lixu
11-28-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=302741

Playing with fire is bad, mkay.

Drifts
11-28-2008, 09:15 AM
very nice man, i really likey, especially with the way you adapt to new styles of animating, very cool, keep it up.

RawGreen
11-28-2008, 03:10 PM
it is nice, but it's lacking something..... The beams and all are good, nice style....something isn't clicking....

Arch-Angel
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Physics are off. The fire is badly animated, as well as the particles.
The colors you use for the fire are also bad, IMO.

RawGreen
11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Physics are off. The fire is badly animated, as well as the particles.
The colors you use for the fire are also bad, IMO.

* click *

That would be it....

Arch-Angel
11-28-2008, 07:56 PM
It looks nothing like fire.
Looks like a gay little beam shit that you tried to do.

RawGreen
11-28-2008, 08:26 PM
It looks nothing like fire.
Looks like a gay little beam shit that you tried to do.

the sticks movements are choppy and the beams looks more like lava O_o

The final blast was rather gay.....try making the aura go over the stick, and maybe try for a cloud masking to make it look like hot air.

STUFF
11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
It's good. I see you're trying to mimic Tentionmaru's style and it looks like you did it well.

Bonk
11-28-2008, 08:51 PM
It's good, but if you changed the colour of the beams it would look like a beam (it doesn't look like fire atm)

Lixu
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Thanks ya'll for the critics, I honestly don't agree with the colours being bad, but I shale change it tho.

RawGreen
11-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks ya'll for the critics, I honestly don't agree with the colours being bad, but I shale change it tho.

well....try making the a bit darker maybe, and as far as highlights......highlights on fire?????

try to go for the different colors of "heatness", not highlights......highlights are good on most beams, like water or lightning, but on fire it seems just weird.

Frost
11-29-2008, 05:48 PM
u should particlize the aura and smoke when he fires that last...fire

Lixu
11-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Yeah, that's right.

Rabstar
11-30-2008, 06:53 AM
That is honestly the first time I've ever seen fire like that.
I Like it. :D
But it is missing something

Knightsy
11-30-2008, 07:52 AM
maybe for the end fire move you could have made the fire swirl round rather then free transform tool.

dawG
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
I honestly didn't think it was good.
Like Damocles said, the physics were off and it didn't look like fire to me..

Kitsune
11-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Yo, the fire was good. The aura effect also just disappeared at the end with no closure, which was the only thing I didn't really like graphically.

projectzeta
11-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I think the colors are alright, but the problem is the fire's shape.

Fire doesn't go out in a straight line like a laser, it curls around in various "s" shapes. If those beams were blue this could easily pass as a laser test. :3

Lixu
11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I think the colors are alright, but the problem is the fire's shape.

Fire doesn't go out in a straight line like a laser, it curls around in various "s" shapes. If those beams were blue this could easily pass as a laser test. :3

Uhh yeah, I totally disagree with that. Ever heard of fire farting? That is a deadly straight burning fart, trust me, it can.
Also, nobody can control fire so how would you know if fire can't go straight?

Kitsune
11-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Lol you have a point.

projectzeta
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Uhh yeah, I totally disagree with that. Ever heard of fire farting? That is a deadly straight burning fart, trust me, it can.

Decent retort, but take a look at how flamethrowers work- I'd say that's the closest anyone could get to controlling fire. While I'll agree that the flame STARTS OUT in a straight line, it quickly is met with air resitance and simply branches out, if only a little. The little wisps of flame as they float out from the main stream of flame gives the fire a more "lively" look, as opposed to the rigid, futuristic look of a perfectly straight laser.

Don't get me wrong, it's a start, but it could be better with a little tweaking. :D

PS: I didn't say fire COULDN'T go in a straight line, I said it wouldn't.

aryuautku
11-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Was good,you have a great improvement.Btw try a fire kick,he kicks and a slice of fire goes to the kicks direction.God darnit we arent trying reality here with some guy throwing fire here are we?Imagination!

Lixu
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Decent retort, but take a look at how flamethrowers work- I'd say that's the closest anyone could get to controlling fire. While I'll agree that the flame STARTS OUT in a straight line, it quickly is met with air resitance and simply branches out, if only a little. The little wisps of flame as they float out from the main stream of flame gives the fire a more "lively" look, as opposed to the rigid, futuristic look of a perfectly straight laser.

Don't get me wrong, it's a start, but it could be better with a little tweaking. :D

PS: I didn't say fire COULDN'T go in a straight line, I said it wouldn't.
I dont see much difference between WOULDNT and COULDNT. Also, do you see fire go up in a pinch at the AVATAR series? No.
Also, this:

God darnit we arent trying reality here with some guy throwing here are we?Imagination!

aryuautku
11-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I gotta go sleep now,believe me lixu im a hard avatar fan and this is just pwnage.And as i said,like zuko does in avatar,try fire slice kicks.Good night all

projectzeta
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I dont see much difference between WOULDNT and COULDNT. Also, do you see fire go up in a pinch at the AVATAR series? No.
Also, this:

Eh, whatever. The Avatar series really has a bit of both, and what I mean by Wouldn't/Couldn't is that fire would not NATURALLY go in a straight line, but it could under circumstances. I'll just stop arguing, because it's your animation- you can do whatever you want, I just wanted to see if I could help.

aryuautku
12-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Imagination,Animation is your creation!