PDA

View Full Version : swordvsshield [Strills]

Strills
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
http://strills.deviantart.com/art/Swordvsshield-104859169

CC please <3

jomax
11-28-2008, 02:37 PM
That was awesome, I loved everything about it.

And the shield idea was very original

Strife
11-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Wtf, looks EXACTLY like terkoiz ._.

Strills
11-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Wtf, looks EXACTLY like terkoiz ._.

Its that good?

Ssjbryando
11-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I love it man.

Just sucks it 100% reminds me of terkoiz : \ he uses the same stick length, same color, same type of shield, same sword length, same speed of sword, and same trail.

Not saying you stole or anything, just reminding me a lot of him. Maybe try some more of the stretchy style or something? I don't know.

Still love it though/

Strife
11-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Its that good?

Yeah if you call maximum un-originality good >_>

T Man
11-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Its that good?

no, it means do your own work. jesus ****.

Strills
11-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Okay I've said this before, but what the hell.

I KNOW it's a complete style copy from Terkoiz Im completely, ****ing, aware of that.
Why do I do it? Cuz I animate for FUN and not to get famous or anything. Animating is my hobby, and I want to have so much fun I can possibly have. As long as I have fun, I don't care if I do something really original or not.
Believe me, I've tried lots, and lots of ways of animating, lots of styles etc. But I think this style is the most good looking, and the most fun to animate. Plus I'm hella used to it now.

Give me a good reason to stop using it. I also wonder why you care?

Aycaramba
11-28-2008, 03:43 PM
It's good, I like the blood.

T Man
11-28-2008, 03:51 PM
we already have a terkoiz .

Strills
11-28-2008, 04:07 PM
That's a good reason for me to quit having fun with this style? Oh, he also like quit sticks, more or less. But you probably knew that.

Strife
11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Lol I love how you say you just do this for fun, but then your style just happens to evolve whenever terkoiz's does, and their both the same.

:|

Strills
11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Lol I love how you say you just do this for fun, but then your style just happens to evolve whenever terkoiz's does, and their both the same.

:|

Lol true dat, but hey does that mean I don't do it for fun? :l

Strife
11-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Just get original, it shouldn't be fun to just be a clone.

Strills
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I know, it shouldnt be. But it is

M3D
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
oooo Strills used angles 0_0

Style copy or none style copy, that was very nice, I must say.

Arch-Angel
11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
lol. When Strills copies terkoiz (And it's good) he gets negative replies. Yet when Lixu copies Outphase and tentionmaru he gets praised and complemented on it. That's messed up =/

I loved it, the sounds and blood were lovely. Everything was smooth and wonderful =] Make one that's like, 30 seconds long, and add a background.

Oh, lol. Blck lines are sooooooo unoriginal you guys, stop using them >=3

Drifts
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah if you call maximum un-originality good >_>

no, it means do your own work. jesus ****.

Jezz louise can't you guiz give strills a break.

If you notice the styles correctly, strills's head is bigger and more fluid.
Terkoiz's style is longer stickmen smaller heads and more fluid to impact.

Analyse them properly, if you were to see 2 random animations, one from strills and one from terk, i bet you would know who's it who's.

Strills
11-29-2008, 03:50 AM
Hey thanks guys.

More cc?

Kensei
11-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Strills not to go against you or anything but you asked for C&C and thats what you got, if people feel you need to be more original its a critism and something you should improve on. Its easy to copy some ones style especialy if they have like 100 anims with like every move that can possibly be executed. But finding your own style and ideas takes skill and effort.

Your anims are great but theyre so unoriginal that it makes them unenjoyable. Soooo to me unless I see something very original and un-like terk then I'll always see you as unoriginal.

And drifts just because the Heads are bigger and the bodies are a Tiny bit smaller that doesnt change anything :/.

Lixu
11-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Okay I've said this before, but what the hell.

I KNOW it's a complete style copy from Terkoiz Im completely, ****ing, aware of that.
Why do I do it? Cuz I animate for FUN and not to get famous or anything. Animating is my hobby, and I want to have so much fun I can possibly have. As long as I have fun, I don't care if I do something really original or not.
Believe me, I've tried lots, and lots of ways of animating, lots of styles etc. But I think this style is the most good looking, and the most fun to animate. Plus I'm hella used to it now.

Give me a good reason to stop using it. I also wonder why you care?

Totally agreed, as long as you dont make money with your animations you don't even need to credit Terkoiz, you know?

lol. When Strills copies terkoiz (And it's good) he gets negative replies. Yet when Lixu copies Outphase and tentionmaru he gets praised and complemented on it. That's messed up =/

I loved it, the sounds and blood were lovely. Everything was smooth and wonderful =] Make one that's like, 30 seconds long, and add a background.

Oh, lol. Blck lines are sooooooo unoriginal you guys, stop using them >=3

Praised? Oh god that's a good joke :-) People like M3D keep bitching in every thread I make with tention's style, praising is a big word bro.

M3D
11-29-2008, 05:45 AM
People like M3D keep bitching

=] yup.

Only to you though.

I really <3 you. Otherwise I wouldn't have you in my damn project =p

Strills
11-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Strills not to go against you or anything but you asked for C&C and thats what you got, if people feel you need to be more original its a critism and something you should improve on.

I never said I didn't take them as CC did I?

Stormwalker
11-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Since when is a animating (as a hobby) about being original , instead of fun and entertaining ? I mean he only has a similar style. Like seriously why does it matter whose style is it similar too as long as it is entertaining. You like terkoizs anims don't you? well then whats the problem?

Anyway I liked it , don't have anything bad to say. It also reminded me a bit of cicadas ani with the sword fighting.

Strills
11-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Since when is a animating (as a hobby) about being original , instead of fun and entertaining ? I mean he only has a similar style. Like seriously why does it matter whose style is it similar too as long as it is entertaining. You like terkoizs anims don't you? well then whats the problem?

Anyway I liked it , don't have anything bad to say. It also reminded me a bit of cicadas ani with the sword fighting.

Thanks yo <3

Clutch
11-29-2008, 06:52 AM
=] yup.

Only to you though.

I really <3 you. Otherwise I wouldn't have you in my damn project =p
I on the other hand, bitch at you AND hate your fucking guts :D

Also, strills, i love you to death man, but i just can't even stand to watch your anims any more, i just feel like im watching another terkoiz animation, what with all the exact movements and the glow on the blood, etc ._. take none of this personally, i still <3 you

M3D
11-29-2008, 06:56 AM
I on the other hand, bitch at you AND hate your fucking guts :D

>_>
You've never even commented on any of my threads ....

>_>...

Strills
11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Also, strills, i love you to death man, but i just can't even stand to watch your anims any more, i just feel like im watching another terkoiz animation, what with all the exact movements and the glow on the blood, etc ._. take none of this personally, i still <3 you

The animation with glow on the blood was wanted etc etc. Alot of other guys did that as well, so it's not only me. I just wanted to try it out.

And just think of it like terkoiz animations and watch them? ;-;

Tawnik
11-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Everyone who thinks strills is dumbass because of copying Terkoiz style is big idiot.Because almost all of you are animating sticks,did you come up with sticks? I doubt you do,so stop ****ing about strills and terkoizs style,k ?

But,what makes animation is the originality,no one wants to see the same every day.

Now its 50/50 tygtfo..

Clutch
11-29-2008, 09:33 AM
>_>
You've never even commented on any of my threads ....

>_>...

..I was referring to lixfag lmao.

i love your anims, i would never hate you :>

Rabstar
11-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Right, *gets into the argument*

Strills says he likes to animate, for a hobbie, and he enjoys it. That is what we are here for. This is what SPP was originally made for. To make stick animations, and say what is wrong with them. Not to say 'thats un-original, go play in traffic' or something douchy like that.
You guys should really think of what you say, before you say it.
I know I am being a bit hippocritical, but meh...
Strills is an awsome animator, who likes it. And the animation was awsome. Fullstop.

Clutch
11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Strills probably didn't even know his style was similiar to terkoiz, so you guys ok, just real quick.

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Strills
11-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Strills probably didn't even know his style was similiar to terkoiz, so you guys should really think of what you say, before you say it.

I did know it's really much terkoizy though. Holy shit, how could I not?

thanks though :3

edit: Lmfao clutch

Rabstar
11-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Shit...DAMN! *edit's post*

Raffi
11-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Strills probably didn't even know his style was similiar to terkoiz, so you guys should really think of what you say, before you say it.
Good grief .

Kensei
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Its impossible for him to get a style so close to terks without looking at any of his anims :/.

Strills has definately watched like all of terks anims FBF and copied alot of them somewhere along the road. The effects trails and amount of easing and everything is the same .

Strills ,please just try and be original just for me? :c? :3?... <3?

Strife
11-29-2008, 12:07 PM
I wouldnt care if some poopy noob was ripping, but Strills actually has some potential to be good, but not if he just keeps doing the exact same thing terkoiz does, it's ****ing annoying and stupid.

Stormwalker
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Like seriously , you have to look at the animation , at its quality , at its idea and goodness , not start comparing it to someone elses and when finding something similar, starting to bitch about it. I mean you people watch terkoizs anims and say "omg awesome" and when someone does something like that you start bitching , I mean it would be different if Strills would have done it bad , but he did it good. So I don't see why are you starting to get your panties in a knot. Thats not really unoriginal , its the style not the content of the animation that is similar.

Kensei
11-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Errrrm stormwalker in many cases he has copied exact moves and the style is basicaly makes the anim. Its what differs you from anyone else.

Terkoiz's anims are "omg awesome" because of the originality and seeing strills do the exact same thing like a couple of months after is not amusing.

I agree with strife on this issue.

Stormwalker
11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Well copying a couple of moves doesnt make it the same thing , he makes it with his own plot and twist , in the end he shows a different animation. I mean come on , how original can you get with stickfigures , especially with fighting , its always gonna be similar in a way , its not gonna get much more original. It's not like strills is all of a sudden re-making shock , with the exact same plot. Its just the style , I mean if moves are similar thats nothing alot of fighting moves are similar.

Drifts
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Strills not to go against you or anything but you asked for C&C and thats what you got, if people feel you need to be more original its a critism and something you should improve on. Its easy to copy some ones style especialy if they have like 100 anims with like every move that can possibly be executed. But finding your own style and ideas takes skill and effort.

Your anims are great but theyre so unoriginal that it makes them unenjoyable. Soooo to me unless I see something very original and un-like terk then I'll always see you as unoriginal.

And drifts just because the Heads are bigger and the bodies are a Tiny bit smaller that doesnt change anything :/.

Did you read the part about the smoothness, and how they change the pace in their attacks through the stickmen.

Mesmay
11-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I was referring to lixfag lmao.

i love your anims, i would never hate you :>

i thought you only had eyes for me T_T

Umm.. this is probably adding fuel to the fire but like i said before its not original :l

Idea.
Surely if its for a hobby then you can just keep these "copy" anims on the computer, only release your original ones, it shouldnt matter if the only fun recieved is 100% from the making of the anim (because i doubt its for the comments recieved >_<) and then just post the original/ semi original ideas.
Or howabout we talk on msn and I can try and help you find fun ideas that dont suck <3
kk

In my honest opinion, im fine, absoloutely fine with the style used, I just dont like the use of that type of shield and sword.
If you understand, we've all seen the terkoiz version, and tbh you (and pretty much everyone here) isnt as good as terkoiz. Therefore when you release a similar anim to his, its automatically sub-par.
C what i did thar?

Umm...
I dont like the sparks, too big and they flow like any other particle, sparks are generally yellow for a moment, but then they instantly dull and turn grey, and too small to see.

Also I dont like the ending, he manages to move vertically downwards too perfectly with the sword, doesnt seem possible from the position leading up to it.
Trails worked nicely, I disagree with those who think the trails are ripoffs of terkoizes, merely because a trail is nothing by itself, it really just follows the style of the sticks. Which just so happen to be terkoizes style, but meh

It was all over too quick, I keep saying make something longer but.. well you never do :l Although I guess you're not aiming to improve, just to have fun so thats just about justified.
Last of all, cinematics were quite good, they made it nice.

Omega
11-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I still don't get why some of you guys get angry when someone copies the 'style' of another person's animations. Does it really matter all that much? Unless Strills is actually ripping off 100% of what Terkoiz does, copies every single combo or movement, and then sells it off as his own, THEN that's not nice.

Here, Strills is just animating as a hobby. Sure, Terkoiz may have done the whole sword and shield thing before, but it's just an animation. It's not like Terkoiz has a patent or something on those particular things.

It's just animation. Terkoiz and Strills are both very fine animators. We should just try to enjoy what both of them produce, no matter any similarities or differences in their products.

And Strills, I've already critted on msn.

Hyun
11-29-2008, 07:46 PM
O_______O

....ah.... really good job man. You're a fine animator...

*crawls under a rock*

colby
11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
like how you dident do a gun vs sword

very good

Kensei
11-30-2008, 02:30 AM
The fact is that if strills didnt copy terk he would be much much worse than he is now but he would probably have a more unique style.

Terk has animated for like 4 years perfecting his style and for Strills to just cheat his way to a "fine animator" and steal his style in like a couple of months is just wrong IMO. Most people these days are copying terk but this takes it a bit too far. Im pretty tired of it.

This may just be my opinion but I feel strongly about it :/.

Bonk
11-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Holy shit you guys, chill out.

It's ONE animation.

The fact is that if strills didnt copy terk he would be much much worse than he is now

How the hell is that bad? He learned the basics through emulating another, and now that he has the skills he can do his own stuff if he wishes. Pivot 101

Terk has animated for like 4 years perfecting his style and for Strills to just cheat his way to a "fine animator"

"Cheat his way"? If he managed to get good just by observing terkoiz, then he deserves it. If someone has the talent of good observation and emulation to get past that boring year of nubness, then thats great.

and steal his style in like a couple of months is just wrong IMO. Most people these days are copying terk but this takes it a bit too far. Im pretty tired of it.

Then don't watch his stuff.

Seriously, everyone, its a stick figure animation.

All the people who say "bawww he stole it" are ****ing idiots who can't see past their cloud of elitism and appreciate a good animation and animator, whether or not he "stole" a "style" that "belongs" to someone.

If you seriously think this is a big issue then take a step away from the computer screen and put this back into perspective.

And after all that, if you still think he is "cheating", then just vote 0. Jeez.

Ssjbryando
11-30-2008, 04:34 AM
The fact is that if strills didnt copy terk he would be much much worse than he is now but he would probably have a more unique style.

Terk has animated for like 4 years perfecting his style and for Strills to just cheat his way to a "fine animator" and steal his style in like a couple of months is just wrong IMO. Most people these days are copying terk but this takes it a bit too far. Im pretty tired of it.

<3 I kinda agree with kensei, but I still love strillsy : D (GAY LOVE)

Its getting hot in here, so take of all your clothces.

I AM GETTING SO HOT, I'M GONNA TAKE MY CLOTCHES OFF!!

Strills
11-30-2008, 05:07 AM
*crawls under a rock*

Lolwtf.

KK guys I kinda agree with all of you, but not really with your part about me skipping lots of years by like looking at terkoiz and imitating his style? When I do my own movements it's only my own skill that makes them, and not terkoiz. If I TOOK moves from terkoiz' movies or something, and copied them fbf than that wouldnt be my own skill, as anyone can do that.
As it is now, I'm using somewhat the same smoothness, easing and similar looking sticks to do my own thing. As terkoiz havent done the exact animation before, it's gotta be my own skillssss that created it right?

Im not good at argumentation, holy shit.

Kensei
11-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Look its just my opinion on this and I dont really wanna argue either.

Oh and bonk he has gone past the "boring year of nubness" and thats why he shouldnt be copying still. He knows everything he needs to know to create smooth good anims without stealing terks style and ideas.

Sooo strills errrm... Please just try to do some original stuff :/ and dont use EVERY aspect of terks style. You can create your own trails, easing and ideas right :/? . Its fine if you dont want to, but youll get alot more respect that way.

I will not bring this up again because its just my opinion and yeah... some people agree others dont. Oh and strills I dont hate you or anything its just im tired of this copying terk era we are in. I hope you dont hate me <3 :c?. And your right your not good at "argumentation" :P

Kitsune
11-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a good foundation for a DEBATE to me!
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1408369#post1408369

Now C&C him like he wanted in this thread and debate over there, faggits.