PDA

View Full Version : I just got flash!

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok I just got flash so this is my first REAL Flash animation, made in 5 min.
http://www.swfup.com/file/155685
Here is another
http://www.swfup.com/file/155699

ck2100
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I like it! Pretty good for begginer in flash, better than me!
The second one has alot of promblems though....

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
What problems are those?
Edit: Woot! ten posts to 300

Index
03-14-2008, 06:28 PM
It's choppy at some points, and really sloppy.
EDIT: Woot! ninety-three posts to 1,900!

leo4life
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
real real sloopy, but its ur first, so it dont count, use a grid, rightclick on flash and use a grid

Request
03-14-2008, 07:01 PM
What problems are those?
Edit: Woot! ten posts to 300

well thats good for you, as long as you dont make an anim about 300 posts your alright in my book.

Work on your walk cycles, and effects.

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Lol and ok thxs,
wow everyone in the flash section is nice, pivot and easytoon are mean lol

Request
03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Well, go to a topic here called, 160 posts, see how mean we can be, if noobs try to act cool, and get all pissed.

Rather Cheesy
03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Use more than just the brush tool, use the circle tool without outlines to make the head stay the same shape and size. Work on walking, running, jumping, and other basic movements for awhile. Zoom in with the brush tool so that the lines aren't as sloppy. I personally prefer the pencil tool over brush because the thickness stays the same throughout the animation. That way your sticks don't get fatter or skinnier as they move.

ck2100
03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I personally prefer the pencil tool over brush because the thickness stays the same throughout the animation. That way your sticks don't get fatter or skinnier as they move.

OMG! You prefer the pencil?!
I don't, I use'd it 4 my old animations, and it killed me!:Cry:

@Dragonhawk: Dude! We are nicer then those wanna be's....Flash is a "profesinol" Software, it takes practice, but, we will get mean if you make a gay animation and youv'e known flash for a while, like the dude that made that "160 Posts" thing, like Darness-Darkness said....

Well, go to a topic here called, 160 posts, see how mean we can be, if noobs try to act cool, and get all pissed.

Request
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Pencil is way better, it is smoother, looks like line, but is more flexible.

Index
03-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Yah, mainly work on resizing and sloppiness. If it's too sloppy you can't tell whats really going on.

Pencil is way better, it is smoother, looks like line, but is more flexible.

MATTER OF OPINION GET

TheCreator
03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok I just did a gun trace/ color, watcha think?
Original (http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9140/gunqy8.jpg)
My trace (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guntracerr3.swf)
EDIT: the bump on the trigger is his finger, heh that rhymed sort of!

allyman8
03-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Good for first animations, i like the first gravity one, its like another dudes one i saw (Forgot his name but it was entered in a collab)

Good luck on future animations ;)

TheCreator
03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Thxs and yeah that gave me idea, although just to avoid and arguments, i did not copy him. He had yellow dots for an arrow, mine was just an arrow.

Request
03-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Its a bitmap trace, you can tell, cause it looks water colored.

TheCreator
03-15-2008, 12:39 PM
umm yeah i just got the pic off internet and imported into flash and traced over it on another frame, learned that from a tut

Malskaer
03-15-2008, 01:00 PM
its good for ya first :D

btw, that "dude" with the 160 posts anim, was me....and as i said 1746325 times, " i know 160 ain't much, but it were just for fun" but nobody get's it...don't worry when, the good animators like grubber, Tawnik and bubbleman come, they will smear you, i know >_>

and darkness-darkness go die, ****in' emo!

but as i said, it's good for a first.

TheCreator
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Hmmmm hmmm hmm ok sooo thxs and bubbleman is already here,
http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81479

Kitsune
03-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi dragonhawk, and I am sorry I haven't gotten to your topic yet while you replied to mine so respectfully.

Okay, now thesee animations, as well as any other when they start, need work. Now you just got flash and you are, as I guess, still learning and getting used to how things work. The best way to get used to this program, in my opinion is practice like this:

-Pure experimental animations: Try every tool out. You have tried brush, now try pencil, line or some other tool I have missed. Learn how to tween. You have to have a big arsenal in animation when you do a project, and tweening can make small details (like sunsets and stuff) in your project easy and your overall project way less stressful. Never depend one one tool, especially tweens. As usefull as they can be, they are still choppy.
-Learn Emulation Tactics: Once you have familiarized yourself fully with flash, work on things like smoothing, easing, physics, and all of that. There are loads of tutorials out there to help you learn this. That is the magic of google.com. By "Emulation Tactics" I mean, try to emulate real life. Make a stickfigure jump and see if the same thing would happen in real life.
-Practice and learn effects: Filters, when applied to high stress situations and other things, can be your bestest friends! Effects are great in films. They make pieces of crap look like a masterpiece. (Maybe imagine that animation I just completed without shadows on the figures. It would suck!)

Try that out. Dont expect to be good in a short amount of time. Jcamelo happened in a matter of weeks, but he has talent, so he doesn't count. Just commit and put effort into an animation and you will kick much more ass.

As for your overall animation, you could be a bit less sloppy on the stickfigures with the brushes. You could erase the outer limits of the stickfigures in the frames to make them look smoother. The brush can be extremely annoying with stickfigures as to how sloppy it can get, which is why most people here resort to lines. I am doing my first line animation as well as my first 24 fps animation for the falling-down-stairs collab, and it is turning out well!

Good luck on your future animation and keep your head high!

Oh yeah, and thanks for the comment.

:P

TheCreator
03-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Your welcome and thxs i will practice probably every day, if not more.
Also my longest anim so far that i am still working on is 110 frames so far

Kitsune
03-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't OD on this. You want to do this with off and on work so that you don't do the cram process. You also dont want to commit all of your time to it You might end up forgetting most of what you learn if you get too much in your head at once.

Keep going if you have the patience to do so!

:3

TheCreator
03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Ohhh i have patience all right, i have been cleaning non stop for the past two days, the only time i could get on was when i snuck or in the middle if the night.