PDA

View Full Version : <Lixu> <3 Strills

Lixu
12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=78938

Teamviewed with strills, I made this tribute to him.

Tawnik
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Are you serious ?
I mean all you other animations are much better than this one
-the easing was wrong
-there was no force
-movements were weird
-physics was really off

Here comes the question,are you serious ??

Lixu
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you serious ?
-the easing was wrong
-there was no force
-movements were weird
-physics was really off

Never done such a big smoothing and brush size D:

zawmbee
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
...i liked it >_>

Deathbat.
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
No.

your movements are like this: I I I IIII I I I I

Should be: I I I I I II I I I I

Plus, Jerky and weird.

Lixu
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to repeat this style ever again, I hate it.

Mesmay
12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
thats ok then

M3D
12-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Wow
0_0

RawGreen
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Are you serious ?
-the easing was wrong
-there was no force
-movements were weird
-physics was really off

Never done such a big smoothing and brush size D:

all's the same lixu. okay? Tawnit is right, you're right too, but still.
make sure you always have easing and physics in your animations, or else your reputation will just drop like a rock.

Lixu
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow
0_0
Wow! I'll work on that, thanks bro!

Ssjbryando
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you serious ?
-the easing was wrong
-there was no force
-movements were weird
-physics was really off

lol don't have to be so harsh buddy. Just because his previous animation was better, there was no need to react like ''Are you serious???'' Since that just sounds, idk, kinda stupid, Mean or something. I can't find the word ._.

His tention style was completely different then this. Tention style is also much much easier to do itself (not saying its bad) but it requires more skill when it comes to realness. Which is harder to duplicate.

Yeah, I'm not going to repeat this style ever again, I hate it.

Probably because its 10x harder/requiresmoreskill to do then your other? ; )

Wow
0_0

Come one guys, I know some of us don't like lixu, but at least be helpful : \ Being surprised on how bad the animation is compared to the previous is not helpful and can be depressing to the animator.

Basically everything what Tawnik said yes. Needs easing, physics are weird. The reactions are really jerky (strange) they don't flow, his body just moves weird.

Needs much more easing. At for example the end of the green stick, he bounces to fast back. : \ maybe add another frame to where he goes up with his body. Experiment.

Aycaramba
12-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Lixu, you really have to put more easing into your animations.
There was almost no easing at all.

dawG
12-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I wont say all the things like the people said above me again...I bet that only will piss you off.

Lixu
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
lol don't have to be so harsh buddy. Just because his previous animation was better, there was no need to react like ''Are you serious???'' Since that just sounds, idk, kinda stupid, Mean or something. I can't find the word ._.

His tention style was completely different then this. Tention style is also much much easier to do itself (not saying its bad) but it requires more skill when it comes to realness. Which is harder to duplicate.

Probably because its 10x harder/requiresmoreskill to do then your other? ; )

Come one guys, I know some of us don't like lixu, but at least be helpful : \ Being surprised on how bad the animation is compared to the previous is not helpful and can be depressing to the animator.

Basically everything what Tawnik said yes. Needs easing, physics are weird. The reactions are really jerky (strange) they don't flow, his body just moves weird.

Needs much more easing. At for example the end of the green stick, he bounces to fast back. : \ maybe add another frame to where he goes up with his body. Experiment.

Lixu, you really have to put more easing into your animations.
There was almost no easing at all.

I wont say all the things like the people said above me again...I bet that only will piss you off.
As I said before: This is the biggest brush and highest smoothing I have ever used, I hated it. But I just felt like making a tribute for Strills.

And yeah, guys, I am trying hard on easing :)

Hyun
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Lixu don't be discouraged by negative comments... THEY DON'T KNOW YOU!

I just think that because you are really comfortable with the tention-like style with the crazy DBZ gravity, it is a very hard transition to make a realistic looking animation with realistic gravity acceleration.

Like what Tawnik said so nicely, you basically need to work on those things.
Easing is the first thing you should work on since it basically ties directly with realistic gravity and also force.

You already have anticipation / choreography down pretty well so don't worry about that.

Don't be so discouraged by these guys that it'll make you quit this style. Stick with it because it's a real good challenge for you and it'll help strengthen your weaknesses.

M3D
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM

I Love Lixu though =]

The wow means we both know he can do better.

Ssjbryando
12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I Love Lixu though =]

I know, but still it sounded a bit .. :P. And he can do better, but not with this style. Although if he was skilled, he would be able to do this style with good easing and stuff, but its harder to do for him. [I know max brush >_> But if I went to line or something , it would still work out, seeing as I would still apply my knowledge of easing etc]]

AND NO PROBLEM FOR COMING UP FOR YOU, AND WRITING THAT LONG POST LIXU.

IMAFIRINGMALAZA

Omega
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
The movements only had a moderate fluidity, and the arms were exceptionally stiff.
Needs more easing in every single movement.
Choppy in many places; I can see the individual frames too clearly.
Every movement needs more force.

You shouldn't really have trouble with easing. You just add more frames and slow every movement down more than usual. It should be second nature by now.

Keep practicing, though.

M3D
12-03-2008, 06:11 PM
STICK TO THE THICK OUTLINE STYLE. IT WAS AMAZING !!!!1111one

Cizzil
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Seemed to jerky and without rythm. btw out of curiosity what type of table do you have?

Upps
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
The green guy is just horrible.
And there a bit bouncey plus the anticipation is not there.

Nhazul
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Animation itself wasn't too bad, was off in a few places, but ok. The movements looked akward, first two hits were acceptable, but the rest felt unatural, nice to see you trying new stuff though, thats the only way to improve. Keep it up. I'd add sfx next time, it can make a bad animation, alot better. (not saying yours was bad) lattter.

kinto
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Your a dirty little negro. Not bad but yea the easing looks weird....fix it up. It isn't horrible.

Slayer
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
LIXU HAS A BONER FOR STRILLSyeah

-Hawk-
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Decrease the frame rate, work on the rhythm. Green's last fall requires more frames. That slo-mo you tried was rather... frame, stop, frame, stop, you should make it frame, frame, frame, frame, not recycle. The moves were quite good, I liked black's backflip at the end and the jump-kick before it. The first punches and kicks at that speed looked for the green guy like he was bouncing... kind of weird. Overall I liked it, but it's certainly not as good as your previous.

Lixu
12-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Lixu don't be discouraged by negative comments... THEY DON'T KNOW YOU!

I just think that because you are really comfortable with the tention-like style with the crazy DBZ gravity, it is a very hard transition to make a realistic looking animation with realistic gravity acceleration.

Like what Tawnik said so nicely, you basically need to work on those things.
Easing is the first thing you should work on since it basically ties directly with realistic gravity and also force.

You already have anticipation / choreography down pretty well so don't worry about that.

Don't be so discouraged by these guys that it'll make you quit this style. Stick with it because it's a real good challenge for you and it'll help strengthen your weaknesses.
Thank you Hyun :)

I Love Lixu though =]

Man ur so helpfull, next time I will work on that too!

jokes :P

I know I can.

I know, but still it sounded a bit .. :P. And he can do better, but not with this style. Although if he was skilled, he would be able to do this style with good easing and stuff, but its harder to do for him. [I know max brush >_> But if I went to line or something , it would still work out, seeing as I would still apply my knowledge of easing etc]]

AND NO PROBLEM FOR COMING UP FOR YOU, AND WRITING THAT LONG POST LIXU.

IMAFIRINGMALAZA
I LOVE YOU TOO BRYAN<3 HOLLANDZZZ

STICK TO THE THICK OUTLINE STYLE. IT WAS AMAZING !!!!1111one
jus i shud do tat dunt ai?

Seemed to jerky and without rythm. btw out of curiosity what type of table do you have?
bamboo play

Animation itself wasn't too bad, was off in a few places, but ok. The movements looked akward, first two hits were acceptable, but the rest felt unatural, nice to see you trying new stuff though, thats the only way to improve. Keep it up. I'd add sfx next time, it can make a bad animation, alot better. (not saying yours was bad) lattter.
thank you brotha from anotha motha :3

Your a dirty little negro. Not bad but yea the easing looks weird....fix it up. It isn't horrible.
uhm okay, thanks

LIXU HAS A BONER FOR STRILLSyeah
OK YOU GOT ME OFF GUARD, NOW GO.

Decrease the frame rate, work on the rhythm. Green's last fall requires more frames. That slo-mo you tried was rather... frame, stop, frame, stop, you should make it frame, frame, frame, frame, not recycle. The moves were quite good, I liked black's backflip at the end and the jump-kick before it. The first punches and kicks at that speed looked for the green guy like he was bouncing... kind of weird. Overall I liked it, but it's certainly not as good as your previous.
Thanks for the great critics.

aryuautku
12-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Eazin doood eaaaaziiin!!!!!good luck next time nigga!
Lolz.

Slayer
12-04-2008, 04:32 AM
On the other hand, that was pretty good, but some of the movements were too sudden and seemed a little stiff. Nice physics, but it looked like you stretched/skewed the black stick in some parts; it seemed a bit too 'bouncy'.

It was okay though.

Lixu
12-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Okay, thanks people.

dawG
12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I have no problem with Lixu at all.

Mesmay
12-04-2008, 01:28 PM
tbh it seemed like you were trying to apply terkoiz-style physics at really inappropriate times. Probably doesnt mean much to you the way I said it, but yeah.
It was just a big mess, Im sure you know that already, all different physics, different styles clashing, different eases, different frame rates.
Try to keep it consistent.

Lixu
12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I am going Nhazul/Tentionmaru all out from now on.

Tawnik
12-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Oh,
I'm not beeing harsh ssj,the "Are you serious ?" is there because a lot of people are trying to be funny and they're animating not so good animations and then it's quite confusing.Especially if their previous animations are okay.If you see what I mean..I was not beeing harsh or something,It was serious question.

:)