PDA

View Full Version : Improvement? [Strider]

Covalence
12-07-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=687345

I tried to make things flow smoother, and I tried to reduce resizing and wobblyness.

I think the physics on the jump are too floaty, and easing could probably be better, but I think it's better overall. What do you guys think?
don't be a lixu

Lixu
12-07-2008, 01:46 AM
That jump really needs more easing. And he jumps out of nowhere, it was like Punch -> Jump. You should make it Punch -> Bend in -> Jump. Then make your stick go slower and slower in the air, then land it.
Also make more frames after the attacks, like he should put back his legs and arm when he kicks or punches, I hope it helped.

Covalence
12-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Punch -> Jump is an example right? I didn't make a punch jump. :|

Thanks for elaborating on jump physics, those have been troubling me for a while now, and I wasn't sure on how to fix it.

Also, in regards to the bending in, I'll add in more frames for bending in and I'll post the edited version in a bit. Thanks for being a non-elitist >.>

Lixu
12-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Yeah it was an example, your stick made 1 step, and out of nowhere, without gathering force, he jumped. You better should bend in (arms to the knees) and then release with a jump. Glad I could help.|
Btw you are Dark right?

Covalence
12-07-2008, 03:23 AM
yes .

puinkey
12-07-2008, 03:33 AM
the jump reminds me of pivot somehow o_o""

during the jump , I think both legs shud be uhh close together ?
blargh . me and my horrid english

Covalence
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
the jump reminds me of pivot somehow o_o""

during the jump , I think both legs shud be uhh close together ?
blargh . me and my horrid english

animating with pivot leaves an influence