PDA

View Full Version : Blast 1

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, i looked at Tolin's blast and i thought "Hey, it shouldn't be THAT hard.." But it is and here's the nooby crap i came up with.

http://www.swfup.com/file/157473

17 FPS - 35 Frames - 3 hours to make
C & C

Also, if anyone can mention how to make my stick figures fly backwards a little smoother and the blast? It looks so FBF easily. Lol.

LakE
03-16-2008, 03:10 PM
All i can see that you did was make two sticks, stand there. An arm move, a glowing ball-like item appear on the hand of one and then he jolts up and rockets back. While the beam glows then dissapears. The other stick just flies off.
Poor.
But, this was bad crit.
Make their limbs move more realisticly, just test out your own movements and add them into the animation. It was stiff. I suck at Crit' but, it's obvious where things look wrong.

Cai Johnson
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
No way that tooked you two hours. Xx'
Actually blast should be more than a blurred-alphed green light, don't you think? Particlish things is good for you. Anyway, try to add more frames and rise fps. Work more on stick movments.

PS:
Evan if you wanted it to be alphed thingie you need work on effects.

Chunky
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
The following reveiw by chunky is c&c, not meant to be offensive in any way.

To be frank, that sucked. I think you need to practise alot and come back and post your movies, you know? I think you have something going with your backgrounds, work on that a little bit and it will be good. But your movement was terrible, the jump had no build up, the beam was terrible and the explosion was terrible.

Improve, and then post.

Kitsune
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Befor applying blurs to everything to look high tech and cool, try learning more about motions and animation so that you have something worth applying to it. All these filters are doing is not adding effect, but hindering the judjement and yes, making it look even worse. Blurs, glows, and other inputted systems do not make you a better animator. Now do some real practice in a blank room with a line platform where you belong!!!

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:19 PM
No way that tooked you two hours. Xx'
Actually blast should be more than a blurred-alphed green light, don't you think? Particlish things is good for you. Anyway, try to add more frames and rise fps. Work more on stick movments.

PS:
Evan if you wanted it to be alphed thingie you need work on effects.

Even more frames? So when my stick figure on the right bends down, i move his head down about 1 millimeter and make a frame or what? I barely moved it at all and it still looks crappy. I'm so confused ...

Chunky
03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Even more frames? So when my stick figure on the right bends down, i move his head down about 1 millimeter and make a frame or what? I barely moved it at all and it still looks crappy. I'm so confused ...

It's make a keyframe inbetween two of your keyframes and draw another stick, it looks that smoother for it.

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:23 PM
It's make a keyframe inbetween two of your keyframes and draw another stick, it looks that smoother for it.

Okay, so when i add a lot more keyframes to make my stick smoother with movements, doesn't make the jump go fast. It'd be like a very slow motion movement to the sky - VERY SLOW! Then i'd have to crank up FPS then it would make the other movements of the stick go way too fast.

Chunky
03-16-2008, 03:26 PM
SO

Do the same for the entire animation ^_^

Naah, what a stick is supposed to do before the jump is crouch, so he builds up power to his jump. Then he jumps, which you would not do that too.

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
SO

Do the same for the entire animation ^_^

Naah, what a stick is supposed to do before the jump is crouch, so he builds up power to his jump. Then he jumps, which you would not do that too.

Well, i knew this. I've tried doing a crouch and it looked like my guys legs became small, long, small, through the frames and he'd be wiggling all over but I'll practice that.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, i'll try this on the next animation. Also, this actually DID take me 3 hours, i'm slow. :(

Chunky
lol, good luck!

Tolin
Hehe, I guess you haven't tried out MC's jet.
Right click on my animation, and click stop in the middle of the blast or something like that, you'll discover something weird..
And this was more like an energy ball, not a blast.
There was an overuse of blur on the sticks, and if you should blur them, blur just the X, and not the Y.
You have too many frames, so that's why yours are so choppy, plus, I animate at 22-24 FPS.
Just PM me if you need some tips :]
And how could this take 3 hours? I used about 1-2 hours on mine :P

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Hehe, I guess you haven't tried out MC's jet.
Right click on my animation, and click stop in the middle of the blast or something like that, you'll discover something weird..
And this was more like an energy ball, not a blast.
There was an overuse of blur on the sticks, and if you should blur them, blur just the X, and not the Y.
You have too many frames, so that's why yours are so choppy, plus, I animate at 22-24 FPS.
Just PM me if you need some tips :]
And how could this take 3 hours? I used about 1-2 hours on mine :P

OOOOKK. I'll do that. And there was an overuse of blur =P, I guess it's all because of what i'm picturing in my mind or something. Energy ball, blast, whatever lol. Also, how do you blur the X and not the Y? When i try to it keeps editing both instead of one. TOO MANY FRAMES?! O>O, i had barely any, but okay...and this took 3 hours because i was grabbing food, etc and what not in between, but still felt like a long friggen time.

EDIT: Okay, i stopped your animation and that's weird. The blast moves but everything else is frozen?! O.o

Tolin
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Too many frames in the blowback, or whatever people call it.
Press:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/Tolin_/Slett.jpg

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah..that works. Clicked it before but it didn't do anything so I just ignored it. Thanks.

Ssjbryando
03-16-2008, 03:49 PM
you even looked at tolins, and almost copied everything and it took you 3 hours. I don't wanna sound mean or something, but how in the world could that took 3 hours, it is 17 frames or something? And its just a ball, with a small explosion circle, and his arm moves. how can that take that long. If I spend 3 hours on an explosion it will be godlike =P /brag

Try to make the particles leave the ball, and if you wanted to do tolin's you should draw a beam, not a ball, hitting the ground. =]

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 03:52 PM
you even looked at tolins, and almost copied everything and it took you 3 hours. I don't wanna sound mean or something, but how in the world could that took 3 hours, it is 17 frames or something? And its just a ball, with a small explosion circle, and his arm moves. how can that take that long. If I spend 3 hours on an explosion it will be godlike =P /brag

Try to make the particles leave the ball, and if you wanted to do tolin's you should draw a beam, not a ball, hitting the ground. =]

3 hours because i'm downright noob. And like I said, i was doing other things in the process. Just forget about it, it took 3 hours lol.

Thanks anyways.

Ssjbryando
03-16-2008, 04:00 PM
When then it should go even faster =P but that explains if you where doing other things in the main time. meaning you didn't actually spend 3 hours on it.
but W/e XD Hope to see your next animations soon ;)

Spazmodan
03-16-2008, 04:02 PM
When then it should go even faster =P but that explains if you where doing other things in the main time. meaning you didn't actually spend 3 hours on it.
but W/e XD Hope to see your next animations soon ;)

Mwhahaha! I knew someone would say that soon. Locking this up.