PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at animation

ninjagamer12
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/Ninjagamer1245/?action=view&current=Fight1.flv

ninjagamer12
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Okay, what went wrong?

Teh_One
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
wow... ummm....
where is the video?
and where is the text?

Index
03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/Ninjagamer1245/?action=view&current=Fight1.flv

Sorry, but that was horrible. I was as choppy as hell and didn't even look like it was moving, just flashing around the screen.

LakE
03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Whoa, that animation had me Gavomiting.
Congrats big guy.

Covalence
03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I liked the part where it sucked.

Here, read this. - http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662

ninjagamer12
03-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't know how to get the framerate right when i import it as a Gif.

ninjagamer12
03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I usually have it at the lowest framerate when i make it.

shudokai
03-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Dont double post dude!
And read more tutorials, they helped me a lot and they will help you a lot too!

@animation: It was the best 5 pictures in 8 seconds movie i have ever seen!
Ok not really. You really have to practise and read tuts before
posting an animation!

‹berschall
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.

shudokai
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Maaan, ‹berschall i really like you. all i have seen of you was really helpfull and easy to understand. i have never seen you flame somebody!

Morbon
03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
when u save as gif, make the number 6-7, make the other thing 1/2 and uncheck merge

=Rock=
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
umm, what happened in the animation anyway. and how do people draw in pivot.

(draw big backgrounds and landscapes.)

stickless
03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Maaan, ‹berschall i really like you. all i have seen of you was really helpfull and easy to understand. i have never seen you flame somebody!

wow you should serch more..(he does no offence ‹berschall) but ive seen some...:Happy:

Ani:Looked like they teleported around and around and wildly.
Choppy but you will get used to it:Happy:

Blot
03-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.

ahhhhh uberscahlls noob helper........ dosnt help at all

leo4life
03-19-2008, 04:10 AM
wtf.... ??!?!!??!. u made around 10 frames, and u call this an attemptd? u didnt even tryyy, sorry but that was kinda bad. sorry =/

‹berschall
03-19-2008, 08:41 AM
ahhhhh uberscahlls noob helper........ dosnt help at all

Oh sorry, just because it doesn't help you means that it surely doesn't help anybody else, I missed that.

Leo, ****ing learn typing readable, this is not myspace.

leo4life
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
it aint school either, its the freakin internet, i dont feel like typing 3 lettters when i can just type one

‹berschall
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes, because it's so much effort to type "you" instead of "u". Oh man, it's so super tough. Cease this faggotry, you've got enough time to type your replies.