PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Animators

nichaey
01-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I have been developing a game for about a week now and am looking for artists

If you want an Idea about what the game is about then go to
www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=12174
*note* do not turn away because of that video; I spent 5 minutes on it

you understand why I came here for artists now?

I have just rebuilt the engine from scratch and have yet to reimplement moving but this should give you the general feel for the game. The control are mouse driven.
www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=282521

The game will involve cutting up many, many stick men. There will be dismemberments and decapitations(physics simulated). You will also be able to chop incoming projectiles out of the air while sending your own shurikens flying.
What I am looking for is people to animated stick men walking, attacking and falling to the ground with various missing body parts or with a shuriken in their head.

I am looking for multiple people with multiple styles. If you prefer to draw prehistoric cavesticks then I will have no issue transitioning into the next level, which could be ww1 trench warfare for all that matters. (story consistency is of secondary importance)

Credit will be given where due and if this game is even a moderate success then I will have no issue with sharing up to 25% of the revenue with the artists

If you are interested in any way let me know,

thanks for your patronage

Wtf
01-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm afraid you come in a bad time in some sort of way.
I would be available to do it, but my classes start tomorrow and I will be unable to work properly in school time.

But there's tons of other people here that might be interested.
Dismemberment seems to go successful nowadays

jomax
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
So what you're saying is, you need people to do the sticks, but not the fullbody ninja?

Devour
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Fullbody would be way too hard to do.
I can animate sticks for you, though. This game actually seems like it would be fun to play.

2-D
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I have just rebuilt the engine from scratch and have yet to reimplement moving but this should give you the general feel for the game. The control are mouse driven.
www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_upload.php?id=282521

woah thats pretty cool

Raffi
01-10-2009, 01:17 AM
I might actually help you with this.

I have lots of time on my hands so yeah.

axcho
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Ah, that demo looks very intriguing. How are you doing the IK stuff? Also, I can tell from your rough animated trailer that you have a good sense of pacing and such. I think you will do well in this project. I hope you do. :)

Given that, I'd like to offer a few minor suggestion for your controls. If I didn't think the game would be good I wouldn't bother saying anything. But I think it will be good, and I'd like to suggest a few things.

Have you done any real-life swordfighting practice? I found myself trying to move the sword as I would in real life and found it difficult. Here are a few changes I'd suggest to make the sword-handling more realistic. (all the numbers that follow are just rough guidelines to help with visualization)

1. The angle between the blade and the forearm should remain between 90 and about 150 degrees, and about 120 degrees while in the ready position with the hands about level with the waist or navel. Currently when I try to assume a ready position with the hand at the waist and the sword pointing at my opponent's face, the sword instead droops down toward the floor at 180 degrees from the forearm instead.

2. The arms should never be completely straight - that hyperextends the elbow and is much more vulnerable. Instead, the upper arm and forearm should have about 150 or 160 degrees between them and should never go beyond that to a full 180. I think making that change will result in a ninja that looks more like he knows what he's doing. :)

I also noticed some issues with reaching backward - the arms would stop at straight up instead of bending at the elbow to reach - but that's probably a bug that you will be taking care of as you work on the controls more.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. Good luck!

Devour
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Just wondering, how is it going to be possible to animate things in accordance with how hard the shuriken hits the stickman? If you smoke a stick with a shuriken at 50mph and its head just rolls off or something, that wouldn't work. So the animator would have to animate every different speed setting unless you did some kind of more advanced script. Just throwing that out.

Scarecrow
01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
i might contribute, but i would need more specific instructions

:/

Rabstar
01-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Vin (Puinkey) Is one of the best artists here on SPP, u shud ask him for art stuff!

Slayer
01-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Just wondering, how is it going to be possible to animate things in accordance with how hard the shuriken hits the stickman? If you smoke a stick with a shuriken at 50mph and its head just rolls off or something, that wouldn't work. So the animator would have to animate every different speed setting unless you did some kind of more advanced script. Just throwing that out.

I think you'd just do like four anims, one for a weak throw(say 10-20 'mph'), one for medium(21-40 'mph'), strong(41-70 'mph'), etc.

Scarecrow
01-16-2009, 07:27 AM
I think you'd just do like four anims, one for a weak throw(say 10-20 'mph'), one for medium(21-40 'mph'), strong(41-70 'mph'), etc.

lol l2count

MaxZ
01-16-2009, 11:37 AM

one-two-three-fo....oh ****

Slayer
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
lol l2count

l2read.dffdsfdsfds

Scarecrow
01-17-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm not saying there couldn't be something there, but it just seemed improper to say 'do four' and then suggest three.

Slayer
01-17-2009, 01:15 AM
I said "like", but I get what you mean.