PDA

View Full Version : Short anim [Soul]

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-159411.swf (http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-159411.swf)
I tried hard and failed at the fingers in this, but I liked the walk a lot. This will be my last short before I make a big animation, so C&C.

.:m3d:.
03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
make more tests.
seriously.

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Meh, I just screwed up after the fingers. I'm not doing those again for a very long time. C&C on the walk?

johnny-boy
03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
what was he trying to do with the fingers?it looked like he was doing a "ok"sign

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
He was flicking his fingers. Now C&C?

Request
03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
The walk sucked, it was horrible, the legs didn't even bend, he looked like he was walking on stilts.

johnny-boy
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
LMAO stilts goodone Darkness X2

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I made them bend. Zoom in if you cant see it. Maybe I should have made them bend more, though.
Also, post more positively instead of saying "that sucked" or "it was horrible" it doesn't help at all =\

LakE
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
LMAO stilts goodone Darkness X2

Ugh. Not another.

I think the size ruined it.
I've seen worse walks, but still, it doesn't look natural at all.
If i were you, i wouldn't run into anything big yet.
Keep going though.

*edit*
Reading over that, it doesn't seem too helpful. So with the fingers, when he "flicks" it just looks like he made an "o" shape, maybe you should've added the flick, then had his body lunge forward, as it just looks like he makes a shape then gets thrown.
Looks kinda fast aswell, i just didn't like that.

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I smell a troll. Any other comments?

Spazmodan
03-18-2008, 05:25 PM
It lets you know that they suck, and you fail at life, and need to re-do it.

He doesn't "suck" or fail at life, but he needs to redo it. I didn't see a flick at all and it was too fast. I had to watch it 10 times to figure out what his fingers were trying to do, but you said, you failed at the fingers. The walk wasn't bad, but it wasn't really a walk; it was like 1 step forward. Practice some more and maybe reduce the size because this big you can see "everything."

SoulEater
03-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Darkness has fallen to the depths of an elitist. Although he is no good himself. =\ I'll post a new animation here shortly once it's finished.

Request
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Haha, no good myself, and im not going to be nice, when i first started out i got harsh crit, it helps in the end.

Just work on the walk make the bend more noticable, and fix the flicking, i dont see the finger move, and dont draw hands in line, it looks bad.

alive
03-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Haha, no good myself, and im not going to be nice, when i first started out i got harsh crit, it helps in the end.

Just work on the walk make the bend more noticable, and fix the flicking, i dont see the finger move, and dont draw hands in line, it looks bad.

You didn't get harsh crit on your animations, you got harsh crit on your epic stupidity.

The walk wasn't that bad, but the stick has very long legs. I think it would be better if you made him more "normal".
The shake at the beginning is also rather irritating. Hands rarely look good on sticks imo.

Aycaramba
03-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Umm... Dont put the arms on the head.
Try to put them as long down as possible, without giving the stick an actual neck.

braidon
03-25-2008, 05:13 AM
that went by really quick, the walk was ok, but the hands, the camera movements and the fall were whacked out