PDA

View Full Version : Just to show my skills

Orange Blob
01-22-2009, 01:50 PM
For all of those who have doubted me and my work and told me to post a preview and stuff. I decided i'd post a thread that would host my animations (or links to my animation)
This one is relatively old, and i'm sorta a noob at flash:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140109/68551_cool.php?vote=5
(i'm remaking it, and it isn't finished)

But tell me what you think of it :D

(yes i know they suck, i need constructive criticism)

Mesmay
01-22-2009, 02:04 PM
kk, first things first.
i assume you got the idea for the changings of colours from black vs white.
dont use it. it doesnt look good. it makes it confusing. i couldnt remember who was who. When jc did it he made it very clear who was who still.

Second- that took ages to load... probably due to the site? Not sure, but use trupload.

I reckon it was ok animating. I bit small- zoom in and use a bigger brush size to get the sticks more accurate.

Foda
01-22-2009, 02:06 PM
cant wait till your mania is done

=D

Kieran.
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
One word... : V-cam

power fuse0
01-22-2009, 04:56 PM
needs vcam. Also, how do you make the sound quality so good?

Shanto
01-22-2009, 05:23 PM

When you add the sound to your library, right click the sound and do some stuff that I forgot.

Socks
01-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I watched it and I couldn't find the skills.....

tomocles
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
you have bad choreography, but you animated pretty decently.

Blue_Beaver
01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
animation is good imo...

but orang bg + orange guy = fail

also what's the music?

Orange Blob
01-23-2009, 10:08 PM

Yeah, i tried v-cam, but the first and like 9th line are apparently screwed up even though i took it from a tutorial...
so if someone could send me a v-cam, then that would be awesome :D

and as i said, this is an old project which i have left for ages, but when i get my wacom tablet, i'll get on it... cos i don't wanna do any more work with the mouse, i hate it.

I watched it and I couldn't find the skills.....

yeah, that's what i call being a jackass, this is twice as good as any noob ass flash out there and you know it... so if you can tell them there's is good, why can't you find anything in mine?

Orange Blob
01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
kk, first things first.
i assume you got the idea for the changings of colours from black vs white.
dont use it. it doesnt look good. it makes it confusing. i couldnt remember who was who. When jc did it he made it very clear who was who still.

Second- that took ages to load... probably due to the site? Not sure, but use trupload.

I reckon it was ok animating. I bit small- zoom in and use a bigger brush size to get the sticks more accurate.

no, i actually wasn't on this site when i made this, i've always liked the colours blue and orange, i got the idea from my halo 3 character called Orange Blob, he was orange and blue... i then found out via using paint that blue is the alternate colour of orange, so it just worked out.... i then alternated the colour of black, but i didn't think it would be enough, so i'm making a red guy too.....
i haven't even seen a white vs black
sounds tempting though :D

cant wait till your mania is done

=D

yay i has a fan :D

Socks
01-23-2009, 10:18 PM
No, that is a noob animation, first of all, you used the NG preloader, meaning you didnt even make a button for your animation...

Two, the begining is all just tweens, nuff' said yo.

Three, the movments have no gravity or easing so it looks like crap.

Happy now? That IS a noob animation.

Orange Blob
01-24-2009, 12:46 AM
No, that is a noob animation, first of all, you used the NG preloader, meaning you didnt even make a button for your animation...

Two, the begining is all just tweens, nuff' said yo.

Three, the movments have no gravity or easing so it looks like crap.

Happy now? That IS a noob animation.

yes and you're a complete asshole...
did you not ****ing read the first part, it said i was a noob when i made it, but it is a hell of a lot better than those pieces of shit you see in the stick page portal everyday
happy faggot? :D

I bet you were completely crap when you started, well i've just started, now think about that instance when everyone gave you shit cos you sucked, much more than this, now try to be nice, and actually try to have a heart... and you're crap! you're crap at communication skills and you can't even give constructive criticism, so quite frankly you're the person who sucks now :D

and i am going to change the beginning, this wasn't a proper animation anyway, when i made it, i wanted to get better at flash, it was merely practice, unlike the shit you are! :D
ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and i'm making a proper button and menu, don't suppose you ever got bothered with that, i guess you're just lazy :)

puinkey
01-24-2009, 03:36 AM
: D

Orange Blob
01-24-2009, 04:50 AM
D:?
It's an old project so it's not so good puinkey, and if you just ignore Socks, then he'll go away, don't give him attention, that's all he wants :D

flip
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
GOOD JOb.
improvements:
bigger stickfigures..
possib. moving camera..
MAKE IT EPIC!

Socks
01-24-2009, 10:52 PM
yes and you're a complete asshole...
did you not ****ing read the first part, it said i was a noob when i made it, but it is a hell of a lot better than those pieces of shit you see in the stick page portal everyday
happy faggot? :D

I bet you were completely crap when you started, well i've just started, now think about that instance when everyone gave you shit cos you sucked, much more than this, now try to be nice, and actually try to have a heart... and you're crap! you're crap at communication skills and you can't even give constructive criticism, so quite frankly you're the person who sucks now :D

and i am going to change the beginning, this wasn't a proper animation anyway, when i made it, i wanted to get better at flash, it was merely practice, unlike the shit you are! :D
ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and i'm making a proper button and menu, don't suppose you ever got bothered with that, i guess you're just lazy :)
Cool story bro.

Im the one acting like an asshole when your bitching because of a guy on the internet?

And you said "to show off my skills" then why are you posting an old piece? Oh, and I forgot to mention, nobody ****ing cares about the portal anymore buddy... >_>

Orange Blob
01-25-2009, 08:08 AM
ha, this was just a post for those who have kept asking me to show them some animations of mine, so this is the one i posted for people who actually aren't ****ing assholes :)
you're wasting my time

Socks
01-25-2009, 08:16 AM
ha, this was just a post for those who have kept asking me to show them some animations of mine, so this is the one i posted for people who actually aren't ****ing assholes :)
you're wasting my time
Sorry bro, but on the internet, the ratio of assholes to 10 year olds who are easily impressed by crap is 2:1.

daneximuz
01-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Hehe it looks very nice.
One thing though...the scythes in the loading have too much "shiny" it makes em look like rubber.

Orange Blob
01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
yeah i know, i'm making a different loader (i don't like using the ng preloader, just ng states that it likes to have it's logo, so i'll probably recreate it or something, but you should hop on down to my Blobmania thread and signup, it's free :D lol
And you know i kind of did it with a mouse which really frustrates me... so i'm waiting on my wacom tablet so i can kickass, and i didn't really bother with easing and stuff like that (yes i know that there's like no gravity) but i was making this animation solely as a small practice for fluidity in my movements (but it's slow cos it's on the internet)
Maybe one day after i have finished my current two or three projects i'll actually make this, but people have to realise (especially socks, like what's up with him, is he always a pain in the ass?) that this is not practice for easing or anything else except for just plain frame by frame movement practice :p lol
what a wordful :o ?

Socks
01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
yeah i know, i'm making a different loader (i don't like using the ng preloader, just ng states that it likes to have it's logo, so i'll probably recreate it or something, but you should hop on down to my Blobmania thread and signup, it's free :D lol
And you know i kind of did it with a mouse which really frustrates me... so i'm waiting on my wacom tablet so i can kickass, and i didn't really bother with easing and stuff like that (yes i know that there's like no gravity) but i was making this animation solely as a small practice for fluidity in my movements (but it's slow cos it's on the internet)
Maybe one day after i have finished my current two or three projects i'll actually make this, but people have to realise (especially socks, like what's up with him, is he always a pain in the ass?) that this is not practice for easing or anything else except for just plain frame by frame movement practice :p lol
what a wordful :o ?
Orange Blob, I apologize for my preteen bitching it was uncalled for. However I feel that the animation could use more gravity and easing in the movments. Although I do know what you were going for.

If you do end up submitting it to newgrounds, it wont be front page material, but I undoubtebly know it wont be blammed because although it is not great it is better than decent.

I hope with my new found maturity you and I can find a common ground and have a prosperous relationship.

K.

Orange Blob
01-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Orange Blob, I apologize for my preteen bitching it was uncalled for. However I feel that the animation could use more gravity and easing in the movments. Although I do know what you were going for.

If you do end up submitting it to newgrounds, it wont be front page material, but I undoubtebly know it wont be blammed because although it is not great it is better than decent.

I hope with my new found maturity you and I can find a common ground and have a prosperous relationship.

K.

yeah, i was bit overreactive, (lol like a lot) but you're a nice guy, and now it makes more sense to me (although with easing i'm like wtf, and i didn't (honestly and i swear to god) did not think about easing or any of that stuff with this, i mean it's obviously not a serious flash), currently i'm creating a world that is as much thought through and detailed as the castle series, and as good of quality as that, and i would never in my life submit trash like this to newgrounds let alone here... that would just be uncalled for, and seeing as this is my least favourite flash i've ever made, i didn't mind submitting it like not done.
But honestly i wouldn't even be proud of this if it was twice as good as it is, the frame rates horrible, (the easing and gravity, as everyone's told me) it all just doesn't mold into a perfect little world...
:b
so, whilst i may get a bit defensive over this from now on, it's still kind of shit in my eyes :D

Socks
01-26-2009, 08:07 AM
yeah, i was bit overreactive, (lol like a lot) but you're a nice guy, and now it makes more sense to me (although with easing i'm like wtf, and i didn't (honestly and i swear to god) did not think about easing or any of that stuff with this, i mean it's obviously not a serious flash), currently i'm creating a world that is as much thought through and detailed as the castle series, and as good of quality as that, and i would never in my life submit trash like this to newgrounds let alone here... that would just be uncalled for, and seeing as this is my least favourite flash i've ever made, i didn't mind submitting it like not done.
But honestly i wouldn't even be proud of this if it was twice as good as it is, the frame rates horrible, (the easing and gravity, as everyone's told me) it all just doesn't mold into a perfect little world...
:b
so, whilst i may get a bit defensive over this from now on, it's still kind of shit in my eyes :D
Sounds like it must be really good if you can say it in the same sentence with Castle, haha. (Although I never was much of a fan of stick fights)

But this anim reminded me of Sloppy Fight 2 or whatever it is called, so it wasn't an awful anim, just not ma very good one.

God, I am so ****ing Bipolar....>_>

Oh and I don't blame you for defending your stuff, if somebody bashed my stuff I'd be pissed off too. So no worries.

Orange Blob
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah but i'm all like, "i pwn you" and then they're like, "you **** camels"
i think i got a bit too drunk tonight or was it this morning, lol :b
Preteeen, really?
Cool, heh, i'm like wowwwwwwwoooooooooooot
wawoot, ha, fakkdk, i am soooooooo druyhk right nwo it's so not ffffuny
okay i better stiops;/ with the XXXX or whateveeeeeerr holy shit man

Orange Blob
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
hahhhahahahahhahahahahr i ams os rnadolm

Ichimaruu
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM
I kinda liked it lol :P. Isn't it rather obvious though.. that most people are going for "pro" animations.. rather than enjoyable, storyline animations.. which may not ALL be animated to the best of their ability, but hey, it could be funny, cheesy, emotional.. you know... I was wondering why people are focusing so much on these fight-out short movies, when they could really do something awesome if they put their mind to it.

Orange Blob
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
but yeah, i'm doing the guns, i have an mp5 which can be torn apart and a durganov which an also be torn apart (like pieces so it functions properly)
And the eyes i've done are fricken amazing, oh i just feel so weird.
But it's looking awesome, i just have to get my wacom tablet and flahs cs3 or 4 (i'm getting a paycheck soon, $500 american dollars) so i'll have enough to buy that and another (xbox) 360 game (LEFT4DEAD :D) blow the shit outta them :D
ha, my friends like helping me and editing my posts :))

Ichimaruu
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
but yeah, i'm doing the guns, i have an mp5 which can be torn apart and a durganov which an also be torn apart (like pieces so it functions properly)
And the eyes i've done are fricken amazing, oh i just feel so weird.
But it's looking awesome, i just have to get my wacom tablet and flahs cs3 or 4 (i'm getting a paycheck soon, $500 american dollars) so i'll have enough to buy that and another (xbox) 360 game (LEFT4DEAD :D) blow the shit outta them :D
ha, my friends like helping me and editing my posts :))

Awesome, i've got that too on 360 :) if yu want to add me anytime its jake400 ^^

Orange Blob
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
yeah, but i can't find it anywhere, even the biggest computer store in my state (i'm like so annoyed >:( )
But i've got the demo and it is so awesome, but it gets boring if you don't have variety, and LOTR Conquest is kinda boring (the demo)
But i have to pay my rent so i think i should lay low on the spending, but it was awesome cos it was my friends birthday, so everyone came over to my house and was hiding, and he had no clue and they were like hi (and one was like **** you wanker, it was hilarious :D)
And there was sooo much beer, and everyone was trying to drink the most beer by the end of the night :D

Omega
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
wat is the all ranting about errrrgh it hurts

Anyway, the animation was okay. There wasn't much force or easing, and movements were moderately smooth.
To me, it's just another typical animation with a background, effects, fighting, etc. You should heavily improve in one area in order to make your future animations look better. For example, work hard on perfecting movements. That way, even if the effects and art are bad, at least the choreography will be nicer.

What I'm trying to say is, try making an animation where it solely tests one aspect of what you want to improve on.

keeeeep on animating.

Orange Blob
01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
wat is the all ranting about errrrgh it hurts

Anyway, the animation was okay. There wasn't much force or easing, and movements were moderately smooth.
To me, it's just another typical animation with a background, effects, fighting, etc. You should heavily improve in one area in order to make your future animations look better. For example, work hard on perfecting movements. That way, even if the effects and art are bad, at least the choreography will be nicer.

What I'm trying to say is, try making an animation where it solely tests one aspect of what you want to improve on.

keeeeep on animating.

you sir are a complete and utter idiot, what you have said is nothing new, and this was based solely on one thing, i didn't make it on a serious note, it was more like, hey i'm bored, but i can't be bothered to do anything else!
And i'm better than this, this is like so old. and currently i'm doing an animation which is done like the castle series (the quality and stuff)!
And another animation is my mania which is another serious project... so don't tell me that in future animations *blah blah blah*, because quite honestly i don't care what you think sir, you have completely and utterly wasted my time with babble about things i already know and have addressed :D
good day
and please don't post here until it's about something the 10 other people before you have said :D
have a nice day

RawGreen
01-27-2009, 07:33 AM
I already gave C&C on this when you showed me, like.... A month or two ago, I'm sure you've improved quite a bit since then, well, I'll have to just see...wont I?

jomax
01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
you sir are a complete and utter idiot, what you have said is nothing new, and this was based solely on one thing, i didn't make it on a serious note, it was more like, hey i'm bored, but i can't be bothered to do anything else!
And i'm better than this, this is like so old. and currently i'm doing an animation which is done like the castle series (the quality and stuff)!
And another animation is my mania which is another serious project... so don't tell me that in future animations *blah blah blah*, because quite honestly i don't care what you think sir, you have completely and utterly wasted my time with babble about things i already know and have addressed :D
good day
and please don't post here until it's about something the 10 other people before you have said :D
have a nice day

I'm just curious, but why a thread called "Just to show my skills", if you say that you didnt do your best on this animation (don't caring about easing and such) and that you're alot better now...?

Omega
01-27-2009, 10:12 AM
good day
have a nice day

So you're calling me an idiot because I'm giving you tips on how to improve and better yourself in the field of animation?

What, you expect me to crawl through several pages of posts and find out what hasn't been said?

In all reality, I don't even have to give you tips. I'm just here to comment on animations to my liking. Why would you call me an idiot just because I'm reinforcing a few facts for you?

Orange Blob
01-27-2009, 01:56 PM
So you're calling me an idiot because I'm giving you tips on how to improve and better yourself in the field of animation?

What, you expect me to crawl through several pages of posts and find out what hasn't been said?

In all reality, I don't even have to give you tips. I'm just here to comment on animations to my liking. Why would you call me an idiot just because I'm reinforcing a few facts for you?

you have imagination right? imagine i had said that with a funny french accent in a sarcastic way... now do ya get me?
And i posted this because it is my most completed animation (all my others were practices too ;D and i'm practicing so i don't have to post a milion of my shit animations and then finally get to a good one, that's not the way i roll, i want people to enjoy my animations straight up. heck i surf threads all out just to see what's been said :D
(why am i so allured to the smilies, why? D; )

To Rawgreen: yeah this is like so old now, even then when i was working on it i was beginning my castle style period :D
But i haven't been doing much practice because i'm waiting on my wacom tablet and it's irritating me D:

RawGreen
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
To Rawgreen: yeah this is like so old now, even then when i was working on it i was beginning my castle style period :D
But i haven't been doing much practice because i'm waiting on my wacom tablet and it's irritating me D:

while waiting for your tablet, try drawing on a piece of paper while not looking at the paper. it's a little odd, but that's what you'll be doing if yours doesn't have a screen built in.

hey, wasn't there a way to link a DS with a mod so that you could use it with a computer? I think I saw something like that. I'll brb?

Omega
01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
you have imagination right? imagine i had said that with a funny french accent in a sarcastic way... now do ya get me?
And i posted this because it is my most completed animation (all my others were practices too ;D and i'm practicing so i don't have to post a milion of my shit animations and then finally get to a good one, that's not the way i roll, i want people to enjoy my animations straight up. heck i surf threads all out just to see what's been said :D
(why am i so allured to the smilies, why? D; )

If that's how you want to 'roll,' then by all means, go ahead. Just don't call people idiots when they're trying to provide something helpful, even if it was sarcasm or whatever.

Anyway, keep practicing.

tomocles
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
hey rawgreen, you just need to get better hand-eye coordination. I find drawing a breeze with the tablet.

Orange Blob
01-27-2009, 09:17 PM
while waiting for your tablet, try drawing on a piece of paper while not looking at the paper. it's a little odd, but that's what you'll be doing if yours doesn't have a screen built in.

hey, wasn't there a way to link a DS with a mod so that you could use it with a computer? I think I saw something like that. I'll brb?

I'v done that before, i drew my thumb, and the thumb and my forefinger were excellently drawn :D

wolfcub
02-02-2009, 11:38 AM
The anim was good. A few points (probably already been posted but too bad):

The colour change, assuming it represented them powering up, could have been done with some effects, and is confusing (the orange and blue switch colours, should've given the blue guy a different colour set like red to green?)
Easing. Easing is everything. If you don't know what I mean, I'll explain in a sec.
Zoom in a bit.
Get a v-cam, they're awesome.

Easing:
Basically, it's just to make it more realistic. Instead of just the moment of impact, then instantly pull back, have the moment of impact, then a few frames of moving forward, gradually slowing down, then at least two frames where the limb is completely still, then pull back. Get it?