PDA

View Full Version : First Animation

Anonymous
03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey all, this is my very first animation EVER. It's kind of good, but I don't know.

Frames: 288

FPS: 12

Yes, the letters are supposed to be distorted, especially since I made it in Pivot.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1976/loglolnessxp5.gif

Dax
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
oh boy
look at tutorials on easing and smoothness, and raise the fps, it was way to slow, not bad for a first though

elite34
03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
What is the point of the animation and what is that big black thing xD.

Dax
03-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Not all animations have to have a point, creativity is what animation is all about. The black thing is a blob lol.

Anonymous
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
My friend suggested doing an animated log, so I did. Then I got bored and turned it into that. :D

I could do way better with Flash CS3 when I learn how to use it. That was just Pivot and I'm naturally crappy at animating.

=Rock=
03-19-2008, 05:31 PM
it was smooth, but what is it supposed to be about? or were you just kinda messing around? -thats ok-

Anonymous
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Just messin' around, gettin' use to Pivot.

‹berschall
03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Eat shit and dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

Hello, I see you're new to Pivot and that's nice to see because it's good that somebody new is interested in this program.
It's a very simple program but you can go very far with it.
Well, if you compare your animation to the animations of people who're on this for a while now, you'll see that yours... can't keep up with those, but that's normal, you can't be born a master.
There are some keywords you'll hear all the time. One of them is smoothness. It means that the movements are smooth and look very realistic, without being choppy and looking totally unreal. To do this, you need to make a movement many frames long. You need to animate the frames between a foot on the ground and a foot in a face instead of both those two. To give you a hint, I used to make my kicks about 6-9 frames long when I still animated.
Yes this takes time, but there's no need to rush your animations. If you're fed up for a moment, save the animation and continue somewhen else. That's just normal, everybody works that way.
Then, there's the stiffness. See, what you do is just move the limb that's used for the thing, like a leg for a kick or an arm for a punch. But that's not good, you should look at yourself in front of a mirror, punching. The movement of your arm affects other parts of your body, they move, too. Try to get this into an animation.
Then, easing is hard to explain. What you do is animate a movement and then just stop. It's like this:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

But that's unrealistic. When animating, make the movements start slowly, then get faster and then calm down again, like this:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-||

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you get it.

Now, for you're not very good at animating, post your animations in this thread: http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330

It's a thread for Beginners to post their animations. If you post them here on the forum, you'll propabely get flamed for that because we don't want a load of beginner's posting it here.

Have patience and I see you being a very good animator in no time. I've seen many rise from Newb to Veteran (Two, actually), and you can do exactely the same.