PDA

View Full Version : Xiao style 3 screenshots

fitzy
01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
meh, i'm a tad bored and since most people probably don't know my animations much (due to my animations being too old/members being too new to remember). and idealy i would've wanted this thread to not have the 'screenshots' bit at then end (i.e it be the finished product). i havn't worked on it in agggessss but i do still really want to finish it. so i just wanted to throw a few screenies out there just to show at least something. so here's a few screenies.

and for anyone who remembers that i started it and wondered what the hell happened to it then this is to show that its still in existence.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2162/xiaostyle3screenie20001wh9.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8471/xiaostyle3screenie30001mn2.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1757/xiaostyle3screenie10001np3.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8822/xiaostyle3screenie40001qg9.jpg

so...i started this thing in 2006...and really, after 3 months or so it shouldve been done, so when it is finished, i wouldnt expect a 3 year masterpiece. just a good fight scene. it will be the last one in the 'series' most likely (for anyone who cares). and i realise that people might think full on xiao xiao like fight scenes are a bit old, but i still love them and i genuinely dont think there's enough of them. and...another reason it's taking so long is because there's like 3x the action as there is 3 'heroes' all fighting on the same screen at once. so it's uber frantic as far as fight scenes go.

anyway, i hope it'll be well recieved when its finished even if it is just a fight scene. so i don't know if this is fully worth a thread but i wanted to show some screenies...and since i havnt made a thread in ages i hope you'll let me off :D

i really cant wait to finish it, but my motivation is low so i thought posting this thread MIGHT help me get a bit more motivated, idk.

doc
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
well im one of those noobs too young to remember it, but it looks pretty cool and ill definitely watch it

Socks
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Hahaha, I remember them. I'm glad your still working on it, it looks good.

Mr.Pancake
01-23-2009, 04:33 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I was waiting for part 3 to bump up somewhere in the future :D
When will the release be?

fitzy
01-23-2009, 05:01 PM
well if you look at my track record for release dates of this it isnt very good, so i'd prefer not to give one right now...until i know when im gonna finish it. like in 06 i said i'd finish it by october or so...then i stopped working on it...started again in 07, said it'd be done by christmas...it wasnt...in 08 i started again for a bit...etc. but it's 96 seconds long atm...and really the hardest bits are over...im trying to integrate some sort of story into it aswell so its annoying me thinking of how to do it cuz all i wanna do is animate the fights...and doing the blood does my head in cuz sometimes it looks good and sometimes it doesnt...all the little things are gonna take a while :-/ but keep the faith :P

thanks for comments :)

Foda
01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
the blood looks good cant wait

Sunder Forge
01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
3 Guys at once? I was thinking of that a while back, thought it would be awsome, glad someone is actually doing it. Goodluck on finishing it, and goodjob when you do. It should be a masterpiece :O

....Though the axes seem a bit bland.... and boring

fitzy
01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
thanks dudes...glad you think the blood looks good...although its probably not the best im happy with it

and i copied the axes from madness (sort of). yeah they are a tad bland though your right. but i dont want them to be much of a focus (look at xiao xiao 3's axes) , i want the focus to be on what theyre used for, and the fights etc :) thanks for the comments so far :D

Socks
01-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey Fitzy, here is a just a quick idea, **** stories. They are all the same stupid thing, that go as follows.

ONCE A LEGENDARY HERO WAS BORN, HE HAD AN EVIL BROTHER!
THE HERO HAD TO KILL THE BROTHER TO AVENGE HIS FATHER!
THE BROTHERS FIGHT!
THE GOOD BROTHER WINS!
NEWGROUNDS FRONTPAGE!

just screw the crappy story and just have people kill eachother ftw!

fitzy
01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
really? but everyone wants a story these days dont they :-/

Socks
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
really? but everyone wants a story these days dont they :-/
Everyone says they want a story, everyone says they want something innovative. But really all they want is a movie that will take up some time so they don't have to think, do you actually think Madness had a real story? It did not it was just violent, and people loved it (However I did not) and, although yes it has characters, but they are not real characters by any means, just your average protagonist against wave after wave of henchmen and eventually a boss.

Therefore, I do believe everyone is a liar. :D

fitzy
01-23-2009, 05:42 PM
haha well i'll still put in a lil something that makes it absolutely pointless...the story was never gonna be a serious one...just something that gives some sort of a reason to the antics

Sunder Forge
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Two scientists hate one another, so one sends three robot beserkers at the other, there's you'r story, now get on with the action >:D

fitzy
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
hah...i dont know about the story yet...i want something to explain why theres no guns...and why they're in there. thats all :-/

cuz people always go 'lol why didnt they just bring guns' so i want an explination :p

Socks
01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
hah...i dont know about the story yet...i want something to explain why theres no guns...and why they're in there. thats all :-/

cuz people always go 'lol why didnt they just bring guns' so i want an explination :p
Hey Fitzy, wanna have sex?

fitzy
01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
sure...but...what reason? i mean...you quote me and then ask for sex? what is it that i said that got you so turned on?

Socks
01-23-2009, 06:55 PM
sure...but...what reason? i mean...you quote me and then ask for sex? what is it that i said that got you so turned on?
The story behind said act is what follows...

I've been working on this animation which I need a button, and so I was going to ask you.

Sitting in my room I decided I wanted a coke and ran down.

As I made my way to the kitchen I saw my parents watching an illegal copy of "Milk".

Because I was blessed with good timing I saw Sean Penn kiss the guy that played Harry from Spiderman 3.

I came back up without my drink, and my mind was boggled.

Confused and dazed, I did what I would normally do, ask for some free sex.

Woah....

fitzy
01-23-2009, 07:01 PM
ah...it all makes sense now.
although...i dont get how this button in this animation had anything to do with it but its clear now :P

Socks
01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I mean, I'm working on an animation, which could use a button and such, so I was going to ask you.

fitzy
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
so I was going to ask you.
going to ask me what? :-/

sorry if its simple and im just not getting it :P

Socks
01-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I was referring to the button, me + actionscript = an hour wasted on fail sauce.

fitzy
01-23-2009, 07:28 PM
you were going to ask me how to make a button? if you want i'll pm you the script. after that though i want to get this topic back on topic :P so moar comments please :)

Endo-K
01-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Haha it's funny, I just recently watched your second one. Didn't know you were making a third, but the screenshots look kickass man. Can't wait :Happy:

Ahtex!
01-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Omg Fitzy! i can remember you showing me screens of this ages ago! amazingly happy that your still doing it =D!

(its NegaDrain btw =p)

fitzy
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
thanks dudes. ive sort of started working on it again. sort of got a burst of motivation. im still wondering about the explination as to why they're there and why they dont have guns :-/

Ichimaruu
01-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Amagawd.. I ONLY SAW PART 1.. :O I must watch part 2.. :P

fitzy
01-24-2009, 05:11 PM
really..you only saw part 1? most people have only seen part 2 :P thats surprising