PDA

View Full Version : Maya or 3ds Max ?

Tawnik
01-24-2009, 06:50 AM
For those who dont know, these are 3d animating software.
For those who know, tell me what you think is better.

Poll is public, I want you to explain why you chose whatever you chose.

Oh I forgot to say Im learning 3ds Max atm and I wonder if Maya wouldnt be better, I dont care if its harder to learn, just tell me your own opinion, dont say Google it.I cant google your opinion.

sasuke21
01-24-2009, 08:12 AM
try blender instead of maya. much better!

Scorpioxxx
01-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Maya is a bit of a bitch to get used to just due to the sheer number of thisings it can do, its like photoshop in a way, it has more things than you'll ever think you'll need and you'll always find something new or find a new way of doing something. I'd recomend it if you plan on moving to 3D instead of 2D but 3D Max if you're mixing the 2. I've only used Maya for 2 months on a short course and i prefered it to 3D max which I used for about the same time back in 2007.

Wtf
01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I used Swift 3D
It's pretty easy to learn and you can do basicly anything you can do on those two programs.
Those are for more professional achievements.

BlitzKrieg
01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Wait, 3DSMAX and Maya are both made by AutoDesk. Why is this a poll?

Tawnik
01-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Im learning 3ds Max atm and I wonder if Maya wouldnt be better, I dont care if its harder to learn, just tell me your own opinion, dont say Google it.I cant google your opinion.

Wait, 3DSMAX and Maya are both made by AutoDesk. Why is this a poll?

Yes both are made by autodesk, Im wondering what is better for the character animation, what gives you more freedom of animating a character etc.

Strelok
01-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Maya.

http://www.ace-attorney.net/content/images/artworks/gs1/maya.jpg

Scarecrow
01-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Maya is best for character modeling and stuff (think master chief), 3DSMax is (apparently) better for vehicles and buildings and stuff.

I haven't tried 3dsmax, though, i use maya.