PDA

View Full Version : The rope. (Literature section)

SoulEater
03-21-2008, 12:04 AM
In literature section.

I don't know how this happened... why this happened...
I remember the laughter, the chatter, the soft sound of water spashing against the small speeder boat. Me and my friends were sneaking out. It was 2:00 AM. Way past the time anybody would see us and not be suspicious. Rick, the one who owned a boat of his own, hunned the throttle, and we sped away from the abandoned docks. A few seconds later, I felt a vicious tug on my right ankle. The rope which connected to the boat from the dock was caught on my foot. I had about a second before my ankle would be twisted, along with many other dendons which connected to it. I jumped and spun around, which nearly got me loose, but it also had me airborne.
I felt a searing pain iexplode inside my leg, as I was pulled off the boat. My head slammed into the side of the boat while being pulled off. The corners of my vision went dark, which told me I was barely conscious. Another moment later, a coldness enveloped me, along with a sharp splash. Telling me that I had hit the wayer. I tried to swim back to the surface, which was only a meter above, but my head throbbed. My ankle was useless. The blow to my cranium had really messed me up.
I opened my eyes, which instantly burned in the salty water. Where was the boat? Had my friends even noticed that I fell? I turned my head and tried to find the rope so I could pull myself back to the surface. It was still hooked onto my ankle. I tried to bend over in the water to reach the rope, but I was too weak. I couldn't even pull myself with my foot with all those muscles pulled. Pain or no, I would have used all my stregnth to pull with that foor. I started to feel the need for air as my lungs protested being unused for so long. My back softly touched the floor of the shallow bank as I started to panic. I struggled. Trying to reach that rope. My lifeline. My lungs burned.
Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my abused ankle. I nearly screamed in agony, but I stopped myself before I lost too much of my precious air. I watched the bubbles which escaped my mouth go to the surface of the water. A second later, the pain increased. I felt motion. I was heading up! Every foot higher I went, the pain in my ankle increased. My lungs pleaded for fresh air. The moment my foot broke the surface, I could hear sounds coming frome above.
"It's Jason!" I heard one of my friends yell. The pull went from the rope, to my ankle directly, since it was now in reach. My body was overcome with an agony so unbearable, that I nearly fainted. More people grabbed on, thankfully onto my good leg. Fice seconds later, my arms and head had broke the surface. I gasped and heaved in the delicious fresh air. I coughed and choked. Ejecting every ounce of stale and overused ocygen from my lungs for a long time. each ten seconds my friends would comment something like, "God, I thought you were dead." or a "Are you sure you're okay?"
Finally, I looked at my friends and said, "Thank you for saving my life. I don't know what would have happened if you guys weren't here."
I got up and shakily hopped on my good leg, and hugged them all.
TITS (NTG's suggestion)

Comments would be nice.

Scarecrow
03-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Then Rick suddenly started singing, trying to apologise: "NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN, NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU, NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY, NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE, NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU, we've known each other for so long..."

SoulEater
03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I lol'd hard at that. Any real comments?