PDA

View Full Version : Need tips...

Kieran.
02-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok... ive been animating a week with the line tool...

and as a quick test I've come out with this...

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=999925

Please... Don't say "aww its crap" or "stfu nub get out of stickpage"

all I want is some tips on how to make my animations better... and if possible could you give me links to a tutorial of that aspect... thanks...

Fazz-
02-07-2009, 01:12 PM
they move without the walking, they seem to slide along. work on that. and also the red character keeps walking on the stop when being beaten up.

Blue_Beaver
02-07-2009, 10:03 PM
observe the world around you... when you animate a move, you need to feel like you're doing it for real...

i think we need to learn how to auto correct ourselves.

here's one thing you could work on:
-when the black guy walks, look closely at his feet. when one foot is on the ground and the other in the air, the stick is still sliding forward...try to do that irl: stand, lift one leg, and try to go forward without putting your leg down... see what happens. Then try to walk normally studying every detail. Try to remember the details and animate them.

That's my advice for now.

continue and persevere.

Kieran.
02-08-2009, 02:54 AM
thanks for the tips..... Do you think some easing is needed... because I don't have a clue what it is...

Arch-Angel
02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I swear to god that is pivot.

Shanto
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM
aww its crap

stfu nub get out of stickpage

Rabstar
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
It is pivot, with flash brushed blood. lol.

Kieran.
02-08-2009, 11:17 AM
its not pivot... and lol shanto

I swear to god its not PIVOT !!!!!!!!!!

anyway... about the easing.....

PLZ?

Spiffy
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Umm, Tisfat?
Tip 1: Don't use it, since you have Flash. Tweening works a lot better if you know how to use it in Flash, at least when I use it. It's simpler and straight forward once you get used to the layering.
As for the easing, I hardly see any. A lot is too fast to tell what's happening, there's hardly any anticipation at all and it's super stiff on top of all that. All things that a little practice can fix though. :]

Lixu
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
This is no Pivot and no Flash.
It needs easing and force. That's all.

fitzy
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
firstly...if its flash, it looks like you exported it as gif :-/ so in future export as swf.

next, the walking is awful, like blue beaver said, you dont slide along the floor. when one foot is in the air the other ALWAYS stays where it is when you're walking. by that i mean it cant change where it is, you pivot on it but it doesnt move forward.

easing...yes, it needs it. and since you dont know what it is i'll explain. if i punch someone, firstly i (relatively quickly) bring my arm um and i have it about shoulder height with my fist pointing forward obviously. then, to sort of 'power up' the punch i need anticipation, i.e i keep my arm in about the same place for 3 frames or so...BUT you should still redraw these frames, just so that there are slight movements (cuz you cant redraw over the same spot perfectly very often) if you just leave the frames the same it looks like her just randomly pauses and you don't want that. THEN i punch forward very fast, 1 frame, 2 at most (depending on how realistic it looks with a 1 frame punch, and some punches would take longer this is just for the standard hit). after i hit the guy, the arm doesnt just go straight back down, since i lunged forward a bit to hit him (i mean i didnt jump but my body has to move forward as that is where the weight of the punch comes from) i have to ease down, in the same way as if i sprinted 100 meters i couldnt just stop i have to slow down, and slow down more till i can stop myself. well a punch does the same, your body and arm keep going for a couple more frames before you're able to move them back into a standing pose or whatever other pose you want.

i hope i helped somewhat :-/

Kieran.
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks for the tips..